Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: millwall  (Read 6288 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 23, 2016, 23:30:40 »

I was going to go with little miss flash but the lack of trains and parking means Im giving it a miss....Is there a worse fixture for Boxing day this season...?

Tube trains are running, so planning to park up close to a Jubilee line station at the Northern end, but yeah a pain to get to on Boxing Day.
Hopefully the walkway next to South Bermondsey station will be open.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 01:51:07 »

You're a star WB, I remember winning at The Den in 62....since then we've won 1 league game at either ground. If someone offered me money to attend as an extra, I'd turn it down, especially as a festive fixture. In the words of John Lydon...No Fun
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 08:15:21 »

First time I went to Millwall, I went in the wrong end... I've also been in an exec box at the new den as a "treat" from a Millwall mate, and asked If i liked the pitch? This was followed rapidly by which part did I want to land on if we scored. He wasn't joking.. As Reg says No fun.

Apart from the Market Porter which is great fun. And you don't seem to get Wall fans in there, they seem to go no further than the Bunch of Grapes across Borough High street. There was one time the Pink Lions were going to the porter to bum kingston robin, but that's a whole other story.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 08:21:46 by suttonred » Logged
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 08:51:32 »

Tube trains are running, so planning to park up close to a Jubilee line station at the Northern end, but yeah a pain to get to on Boxing Day.
Hopefully the walkway next to South Bermondsey station will be open.

Don't think South Bermondsey station is open Bob (it's on the overground). Taxi or bus from London Bridge or Bermondsey I guess. Few of us are driving up to a tube station (poss Hammersmith) and tubing it in too. Anyone got any inspiration on where we can park just off the M4 that's reasonably cheap? Best option so far is Hammersmith.

Haha. I remember the pink lions. 
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 08:53:20 by Paolo69 » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 09:25:42 »

Don't think South Bermondsey station is open Bob (it's on the overground). Taxi or bus from London Bridge or Bermondsey I guess. Few of us are driving up to a tube station (poss Hammersmith) and tubing it in too. Anyone got any inspiration on where we can park just off the M4 that's reasonably cheap? Best option so far is Hammersmith.

Haha. I remember the pink lions. 

I can get the northern line to London Bridge, is Market Porter still the pre-match pub of choice?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 09:49:05 »

Much as I'd love another trip to the Market Porter, Millwall (A) is a non-starter, at least for the next few yrs, now the boys come with me.  Instead, I'm thinking about abandoning my principles all together, swallowing my pride, and heading to Franchise on Dec 30th to get my Christmas football fix.  It will be rubbish and we'll lose.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 10:08:05 »

I can get the northern line to London Bridge, is Market Porter still the pre-match pub of choice?

Unconfirmed but I'm sure we'll be in there at some point. Think Bob's coming too.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 10:15:38 »

Unconfirmed but I'm sure we'll be in there at some point. Think Bob's coming too.

Nice one! Dare I enquire about the famous flag?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 10:55:48 »

Much as I'd love another trip to the Market Porter, Millwall (A) is a non-starter, at least for the next few yrs, now the boys come with me.  Instead, I'm thinking about abandoning my principles all together, swallowing my pride, and heading to Franchise on Dec 30th to get my Christmas football fix.  It will be rubbish and we'll lose.

Franchise backing up Millwall compounds the shitness.  At least Sarfend is not on 1st Jan, I hate that as a game day. It also hopefully has Simon Cox to watch, don't think he's been back since he left. Cox has hero status as far as I'm concerned.

At this time of year, I switch onto body clock, in an attempt to know which day it is. The clock tells me it's Saturday and there should be football, but there isn't.  Sad

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 11:01:55 »

Nice one! Dare I enquire about the famous flag?

We wouldnt trust paolo with the flag, he'd lose it. As it is, err I think we lost it, either that or its festering in PWP's dog basket. Lost is probably the better of the two options.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 11:53:26 »

We wouldnt trust paolo with the flag, he'd lose it. As it is, err I think we lost it, either that or its festering in PWP's dog basket. Lost is probably the better of the two options.

It'll turn up (at Coventry is my guess)

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, December 24, 2016, 14:44:09 »

Being a Reading ite I don't think I'd be considered important enough to take charge of "the flag". I would definitely have lost it by now as Sutton quite rightly says though so it's not l bad thing. Plus I'd have to take my place more than 2 minutes before kick off to get it hung out. I have better things to do. :-)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: