Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Fleetwood Matchday Thread sponsored by Apathy  (Read 19797 times)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 09:27:20 »

"Highlights"

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10700582/swindon-1-1-fleetwood
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 11:06:42 »

That was courtesy of Tansmedia so not sure how accurate!!

Not me mate, didnt even go yesterday, unless someone is masquerading as me!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 12:36:56 »

any mentions of the lesser spotted Sherwood in the build up/post match?

He was sat next to power in the directors box. Embleton had an earpiece in, so I assume Timmy was feeding him info (opposed to Williams who spent the full 90 in the dugout)

Things get better but they never get good
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 13:03:56 »

He's  currently punditting on Sky Sports at the QPR v Villa game.
Captain Beefheart

Fast and bulbous, tight also.

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 13:13:49 »

Largely echoing what others have said, yesterday was a crap game between two poor sides. We had most of the ball, but couldn't seem to break them down. I found it strange that a side sitting in 7th were content to come and settle for a draw (especially in the second half), but then again they weren't up to much.

Hylton was excellent. He looked stronger, more determined and more decisive than I've ever seen him play. If he plays like that every week then the goals will start to follow. Thompson looked his old self, although it is almost always a relief to see him finish a game without an injury or a red card, it's vital that he stays fit and able to play from now until the end of the season. If he can, then I think we'll stay up without issue. If not, then things will be stickier. Ditto Kasim, glad to see him back and thought he put in a decent enough display. Rodgers--not just because he's scapegoat no.1--was really quite terrible, he made the once decent pass for the goal, but other than that he gave the ball away endlessly and looked more half-arsed than usual. Though Doughty was well below his best, but I'm not convinced it was a fitness issue. He looked a little complacent to me, lots of lazy flicks that didn't come off, huffing and puffing when others didn't pass to him, etc. Hopefully he can get back to his best soon.

The BOO incident was an odd one. At first, our free-kick was delayed and then it became apparent that we only had ten men on the pitch... Even from far end of the DRS you couldn't tell that it was a player who was down hurt. Thought for a moment that BOO might have just had enough and ran home!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 16:14:52 »

Odd that neither Boo's injury nor the disallowed goal were shown on the highlights (including the 10 minute version). Both would seem exactly the kind of thing which might be worth a second look.
Stevens

« Reply #96 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 17:45:52 »

Why wasn't the penalty retaken, keeper was at least 3 yards off the line before the ball was struck.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #97 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 18:03:15 »

Odd that neither Boo's injury nor the disallowed goal were shown on the highlights (including the 10 minute version). Both would seem exactly the kind of thing which might be worth a second look.
i dont think anyone actually saw/had on tape what happened to boo - guessing a sniper got him

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 18:20:08 »

Why wasn't the penalty retaken, keeper was at least 3 yards off the line before the ball was struck.

Very rare to see that actually penalised nowadays, seems to be the norm.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 19:40:11 »

Did their keeper get booked eventually? I can't remember it, but it's ridiculous if he didn't.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #100 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 20:27:19 »

No he didn't get booked. The ref was going to book him but juggled the cards around a bit, walked aimlessly for a bit then took a swig of water and forgot
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, December 19, 2016, 20:32:00 »

The ref stopped Doughty in his run up to take the penalty. Can't have helped Doughty's decision where to put it!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:45:35 »

The ref stopped Doughty in his run up to take the penalty. Can't have helped Doughty's decision where to put it!

It was just a sh1t penalty nobody to blame but Doughty for that one, placement over power ? for me if your going to place it put it high less chance of it being saved
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 12:50:34 »

The penalty was relatively far enough towards the corner of the goal and hit quite hard but the keeper managed to get to it with an outstretched palm. I don't think it was a particularly terrible penalty, if the boot was on the other foot and Fleetwood had the penalty I think we would all be applauding Vigs for a terrific stop.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2016, 13:10:06 »

It was a shit penalty and doughty was off-colour all game

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: