Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football Manager 2017  (Read 21542 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 08:58:27 »

I wish i had the time to play this these days.

I remember a few years back before children i played a game with Sevilla for around 50 years.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 08:59:02 »

i've got the mobile version or 2018 on my phone but its almost too easy and not enjoyable.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 11:37:37 »

The benefits of working lates during the school term!

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 11:44:00 »

The benefits of working lates during the school term!
So i decided to start a game on my phone and because of my previous success with the likes of man city and Leicester i've unlocked "sugar daddy"
Just started a new game with Swindon and my transfer budget is 14 million. :-) :-)

im going to do a notts county
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 12:43:27 »

Got Ebbsfleet promoted to the Championship, at which point the owner stops funding the team...  Head Hurts

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 12:47:20 »

I am using the real Swindon squad and designed my own tactics based upon our real tactics and I am running away with the league with no defeats in 20 games. Perhaps PB has got something right Wink

Matt Taylor has scored a lot of free kicks, so maybe its not ALL true to life!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, September 3, 2018, 09:31:58 »

Got Swindon to the prem with consecutive promotions. (this is on Mobile so very dumbed down version)

Money has been pouring in every year, with my first season in the Prem i was given 70m odd to spend.

Notable players in mt squad include:

Jordan Pickford (free transfer but massive wages)
Jonathan Tah
Mateo Kovacic
Jonjo Shelvey
Alexandar Mitrovic
Keshi Anderson (doing a great job i may add)

Take it all with a pinch of salt. Its extremely un-realistic but great way to pass the time for a bit of fun.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, September 3, 2018, 10:59:44 »

Got Swindon to the prem with consecutive promotions. (this is on Mobile so very dumbed down version)

Money has been pouring in every year, with my first season in the Prem i was given 70m odd to spend.

Notable players in mt squad include:

Jordan Pickford (free transfer but massive wages)
Jonathan Tah
Mateo Kovacic
Jonjo Shelvey
Alexandar Mitrovic
Keshi Anderson (doing a great job i may add)

Take it all with a pinch of salt. Its extremely un-realistic but great way to pass the time for a bit of fun.

Glad you added that bit. You had me there for a while.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, September 3, 2018, 12:07:04 »

Glad you added that bit. You had me there for a while.
I unlocked the sugar daddy achievement on a previous save so i had a constant steam of money. I would put in a board request for more money and 9/10 times it was accepted.
I started in League 2 with a kitty of 14mil
Peter Venkman

« Reply #69 on: Monday, September 3, 2018, 12:12:16 »

I love the improvements in 2018 PC version, a lot more difficult with moodier players and lack of funds (with Swindon) its more about man management and motivation and keeping the players happy.

The tactics seem much easier to tweak to get the best out of the players too.

FM2019 comes out 2nd November, I wonder if there will be many new improvements/changes.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, September 3, 2018, 12:16:13 »

I love the improvements in 2018 PC version, a lot more difficult with moodier players and lack of funds (with Swindon) its more about man management and motivation and keeping the players happy.

The tactics seem much easier to tweak to get the best out of the players too.

FM2019 comes out 2nd November, I wonder if there will be many new improvements/changes.
Its one of those games that's becomming almost impossible to improve. I know its said every year but to keep it a football management game, there are limitations.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #71 on: Monday, September 3, 2018, 12:20:47 »

Its one of those games that's becomming almost impossible to improve. I know its said every year but to keep it a football management game, there are limitations.
Very much so, its small tweaks to gameplay, in match interactions, graphics and other minor details.

Otherwise it is pretty much there, some ground graphics could be better if you are picking holes in anything, being closer to real life but otherwise there cant be THAT much they can improve upon.

Flashheart

« Reply #72 on: Monday, September 3, 2018, 12:23:47 »

The match graphics could do with a lot of work, but I suspect they want to keep it friendly for lower-spec machines. I think they could try and offer different graphics options, though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #73 on: Monday, September 3, 2018, 12:27:21 »

Its not too bad with settings on ultra in 4k, its fairly smooth and the animations arent too bad compared to 2 games ago TBH.

The trouble is all grounds look fairly similar and the lower league grounds look more like Championship level ones.

The only other improvement really is that there are a LOT of high scoring games, I have had 6-6 draws and often have 3 or 4 6-0 and 7-0 wins also 5-3 is a common result, which isnt that often in the real world.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #74 on: Monday, September 3, 2018, 12:28:25 »

And with that, in the game I am playing right now Swindon just won 5-3 away at Bury.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: