Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football Manager 2017  (Read 21511 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #45 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 13:45:24 »

Fairly similar to me then, I can't get any good results unless I play a form of 4-1-2-2-1 even though I prefer 4-4-2 and have players better suited to it.

Still dabbling with tactics though, Turned down 2 bids from Cardiff for Kasim and Thompson in the first season, both over 」1m each player as I only get 60% of transfer revenue thanks LP!

Murray is awesome but on massive wages and attracking interest from Villa so any bid I will take to free up wages, Obika is a good target man too, Conroy excellent in defence so far but Branco is shocking as is Rodgers.

See Williams...even I can win matches with this team (Murray excepted as he is still playing for us in this database version).

Fitness and team bonding is the key.

I tried to replicate in a different save game the real Swindon tactic of not pressing but keeping possession and playing short passes, not shooting often from distance etc and I got stuffed 3 matches in a row!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 15:53:33 »

If you buy it let us know.
Trying to buy Motorsport Manager but the transaction won't go through. Searched the error message online - seems a common one, all the online advise hasn't bloody worked.

I got this a month or so ago - similar feel to FM if you're a fan.

I had a good first season, then cocked up the contracts of my drivers for the second and was left with a great car, team of engineers etc, expanded offices and facilities - then basically three learner drivers as my team. Not a hope in hell and turned to Project Highrise instead (I'd really recommend that game), followed by a FM14 rejuvenation.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 15:55:51 »

Out of context this is not a good statement.

Even in context it reveals a deep level of geekery, determination, hard work and, ultimately, sadness and an unfulfilled life.

I am a part of this too.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, February 18, 2017, 18:28:49 »

Nice to see the away fans have plenty of seating at Vicarage Road in 2032   Cheesy

Just survived the club being taken over for the second time, some chap bought the club for 」130m-ish when I got them to the Premier League, and it was valued at 」1.05bn when the new guy came in, 10 years after he bought it.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018, 17:13:01 »

Bump:

Football Manager 2018, had a whole day playing it now and it seems much easier to get a good run going, sold Vigs for 」2m to Newcastle and bought lots of foreign freebies in and can't stop winning.

Tried to emulate Flitcrofts tactics but tweaked it to an attacking 442/424, Conroy, Preston, Koyle, Anderson and Hussey are the only players playing regularly from the real team and they are all very good in the game, Taylor is pretty good too but I couldn't fit him into my tactics.

Vigs is the best player but I sold him to fund new players, got in Matt Macey on loan from Arsenal to replace him and Eddie Nketiah from Arsenal on loan is a good goal scorer with a goal every other game.

Some nice improvements this time, better replication of stadiums and graphics improved plus a few other small things which enhance the gameplay.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 12:28:18 »

I must dig out my laptop so i can play this.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 12:57:37 »

I must dig out my laptop so i can play this.
Its definately an improvement on last years, smoother.

I still can't seem to lose!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 13:12:41 »

I hereby award you manager of the month.
HTH.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 13:16:39 »

I hereby award you manager of the month.
HTH.
It does help but I have 2 already thanks Wink

Peter Venkman

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 13:25:49 »

Thanks for that, I just lost to Cheltenham! damn manager of the month curse!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 14:02:25 »

welcome.

it's Cheltenham, what did you expect?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, January 4, 2018, 14:06:32 »

welcome.

it's Cheltenham, what did you expect?
TBF a win, but thats not the Swindon way is it? Cheesy

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 12:37:42 »

Still plugging along on FM17, just finished 28/29... I left Swindon in 19/20 to manage Wolves, who were freshly relegated from the Prem, won the Championship with them, in a 4 year span in the Premier League I took them to 4th and into the Champions League, I left them as the owner was a prick. Went back to Swindon, saved them from relegation from the Championship, then took them up into the Premier League, and I've just been relegated with them... and now Wolves have offered me an interview to be their manager again Grin Cheesy half tempted to go back and see how long before I then go back to Swindon again, ha!
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 12:39:27 by Leggett » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 12:46:34 »

FM2018 is an improvement over 2017 definately, I didn't think there was much between 16 and 17 though.

Graphics are much better and gameplay and shouts to players suring games etc.

The only thing is there is a bit of a flaw in the game engine that means its almost impossible to lose if you play 343 with 2 wingback and 3 strikers.

They keep trying to rectify it with updates but if you chose that tactic you can win most games by several goals.

If you ignore this then its fair improvement.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 08:45:00 »

I started a game as Supermarine, after 3 seasons (and 2 playoff losses Crying) I got offered the Ebbsfleet job in the Vanarama National. Predicted 15th, I won the league. Predicted to be relegated, I won League Two. Predicted to be relegated again, I'm currently 1st in League One in January... I'm not spending money on players, wages are low, I'm enjoying this! Just played Arsenal u23s in the Pointless Trophy, played as much of my B team as I could, played against a team with over 」170m of first team Arsenal players, and beat them on penalties Cheesy Smug Fuck Off

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: