Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New £5 note  (Read 6067 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 21:35:29 »

I'm looking at you Bennett. Fucking vegans complaining about it.

Ps. I have an AA one. Is it worth £4.99 or more?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 21:51:00 »

Happy to dispose of them on behalf of the pasty faced lentil botherers

Wink
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 3, 2016, 22:17:16 »

I prefer not to use anything that causes harm to an animal but I also accept it's relatively unavoidable in the modern world.

If you give up a fiver due to the minuscule amounts there then you're giving up a lot of other things. Good for you if you do, but I don't feel it's practical or suitable for me personally.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 00:19:08 »

It's completely bonkers and if they are thinking of replacing everything that has been produced so far because vegans won't touch them then fuck them.

Insulation, rubber, antifreeze, floor wax, crayons, chalk, adhesives, fertiliser, lard, shaving cream, soaps, make-up, leather, brushes etc etc etc

Do vegans genuinely spend all of their life trying to dodge touching any of the above which are examples of animal by products in them. Poor sad fuckers if so
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 09:57:55 »

For any Vegan lovers.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 13:31:13 »

Why is it necessary to kill animals to make currency?
I'm with the vegans on this. They choose a lifestyle where they won't use any animal products and that is fair enough as far as I'm concerned. This was a stupid move as some people would clearly have a problem with it.
Only Me

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 13:35:23 »

What a load of old bollocks.

What is this world coming to?

Sent from my SM-G935F
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 13:47:02 »

I won't be happy until we have currency made of 100% meat.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 14:33:49 »

So do we need to replace money slang such as Pony or Monkey as well?

'Lend us a Turnip mate'. 'That old banger? I can do it for a Spud, pal'.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 18:26:13 »

Why is it necessary to kill animals to make currency?
I'm with the vegans on this. They choose a lifestyle where they won't use any animal products and that is fair enough as far as I'm concerned. This was a stupid move as some people would clearly have a problem with it.

Are you suggesting that animals are being killed just for the tallow? Because if so you are definitely with the vegans on this with stupidity

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 19:03:29 »

Are you suggesting that animals are being killed just for the tallow? Because if so you are definitely with the vegans on this with stupidity

No I'm not.

What's stupid about living a lifestyle that doesn't cause harm to animals ?
I'd say the people that choose to live that way have given a lot of thought to their decision and are far from stupid.
I'm not vegan, veggie or religious but understand where they're coming from on this. Making bank notes with animal by products means their lifestyle choice is impacted upon.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 19:55:08 »

It's a 'trace' amount, which scientifically is less than 100ppm. They probably contact more animal by-product when they touch a door handle or sit on a public crapper.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 20:59:34 »

It's a 'trace' amount, which scientifically is less than 100ppm. They probably contact more animal by-product when they touch a door handle or sit on a public crapper.

If it's a trace amount then that's even more reason to question why it's in there at all.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 4, 2016, 23:09:38 »

No I'm not.

What's stupid about living a lifestyle that doesn't cause harm to animals ?
I'd say the people that choose to live that way have given a lot of thought to their decision and are far from stupid.
I'm not vegan, veggie or religious but understand where they're coming from on this. Making bank notes with animal by products means their lifestyle choice is impacted upon.

Yep. I'm not even vegetarian (can't be, really, but I'd like to be) but why knock people for caring about it? If things can be made without animals, then they should be. If they can't, I'm not too arsed. But it'd be nice. And it's good to know about it.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Panda Paws

« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 09:19:03 »

This is good on the subject: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/a-very-precise-calculation-of-exactly-how-many-cows-are-being-murdered-for-the-new-fivers

Particularly: Here are some e-petitions that revolve around the same theme – the value of animal life – that currently have less signatures at the time of writing:

– Shutting down the UK's domestic ivory trade has 71,416 signatures.
– Increasing the maximum sentence for animal cruelty charges has 51,473 signatures.
– Ending the badger cull has 63,461 signatures.

I completely respect people's rights and opinions to be vegan, but this is just another shitty case of public "outrage" over nothing. Also, e-petitions are the biggest pile of shit invention around.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: