Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New £5 note  (Read 6070 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 09:27:08 »

I think it is the stearic acid (derived from tallow) that is used as a mold release for the polypropylene used in the notes. Can get it from palm oil or cocoa - mmmmm choccy fivers
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 09:49:39 »

If it's a trace amount then that's even more reason to question why it's in there at all.

Its obviously there for a reason, people don't tend to go to the expense of adding ingredients to things just for the sake of it?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 13:57:29 »

No big deal, just pay in tenners or pound coins. People like to moan. Do vegans swat flies?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 15:38:08 »

The new fivers are easier to to snort coke through (allegedly). Can't have it all, can we?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 16:46:03 »

HELLO!
I'd say this being news worthy (especially in the current climate) is terrifying.
That said, do we really need to use animal products for things such as money?!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 17:41:02 »

The new fivers are easier to to snort coke through (allegedly). Can't have it all, can we?

That's it, the new fiver has been deliberately designed to reduce the escalating problem of Cocaine addition in Vegans - makes perfect sense to me!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 18:59:35 »

What I don't understand is the constant reference to how little of it there is. Surely if you're a vegan, or particularly if you're avoiding animals for religious reasons, these things are absolute? It's either present or it isn't, and if it is, it's unacceptable. It doesn't matter if there's trace amounts or if the entire currency is made from cheese (that would be great though.)

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 19:23:50 »

What I don't understand is the constant reference to how little of it there is. Surely if you're a vegan, or particularly if you're avoiding animals for religious reasons, these things are absolute? It's either present or it isn't, and if it is, it's unacceptable. It doesn't matter if there's trace amounts or if the entire currency is made from cheese (that would be great though.)
It's moaning for the sake of moaning IMO. In reality they are going to come into contact with 'animal products' left, right and centre so where do you draw the line. Do these people honestly really go avoiding every animal product there is so no leather shoes, if a taxi or bus turns up with leather seats do they not get in? As others have said loads of plastics, rubbers etc have traces of animal products in but people just don't know it.  In reality if they want to avoid them in the modern world they need to go live in a wooden hut in the middle of a forest!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 19:39:26 »

I think it's a question of having a choice. The fact the note is nigh on a unavoidable (unless you go to the hut/forest dream you mention) is a bit off.

And yes, people can choose to not get in a taxi if the seats are leather, but that's their choice
« Last Edit: Monday, December 5, 2016, 19:42:06 by bennett » Logged

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 20:14:33 »

I wonder if vegan women/men carry vegan condoms with them on a night out. Pesky animal products everywhere, can't even enjoy a skittle the poor people
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 20:38:16 »

This thread is turning into a bizarre set of rants against vegans. What an odd target.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 21:32:08 »

This thread is turning into a bizarre set of rants against vegans. What an odd target.
If we say Muslims we would be racists
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, December 5, 2016, 22:44:53 »

It's moaning for the sake of moaning IMO. In reality they are going to come into contact with 'animal products' left, right and centre so where do you draw the line. Do these people honestly really go avoiding every animal product there is so no leather shoes, if a taxi or bus turns up with leather seats do they not get in? As others have said loads of plastics, rubbers etc have traces of animal products in but people just don't know it.  In reality if they want to avoid them in the modern world they need to go live in a wooden hut in the middle of a forest!

You can't give £5 to every charity in the world, but that doesn't make the £5 you give to one worthless. You do what you believe in, to the best of your ability I guess.

If we say Muslims we would be racists

And inaccurate given it's Hinduism that has the biggest problem with it.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 09:58:44 »

it would cost in excess of 7 billion pounds to correct this
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 10:03:20 »

Yeah. They should all fuck off back to Vega, the cunts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: