Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SKY TV  (Read 12432 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 10:19:31 »

No doubt there is a thread somewhere.

Bombed out Sky yesterday.....so on 31 days.

£70 per month....no football or movies....too much!

What alternatives are you all using??

Clems Army!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 10:25:21 »

No doubt there is a thread somewhere.

Bombed out Sky yesterday.....so on 31 days.

£70 per month....no football or movies....too much!

What alternatives are you all using??

BT TV, I prefer BT Sport to Sky Sports.. College Football, NBA, MLB, Speedway plus FA Cup & Champions League/Europa Leage and some Premier League.

We have a kids bundle on it too. It's not that bad, to be fair.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Gethimout

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 10:26:32 »

Amazon fire stick with kodi. Live streams aren't always great - passable at best.

Any films or boxsets are perfect.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 10:32:12 »

BT TV and also just bought a Firestick as it was cheap on Black Friday, things like Netflix etc run so much quicker through the Firestick rather than the BT Box!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 12:03:44 »

or just wait until sky offer you discounts o return...

depends if you want legal alternatives or other methods
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 12:07:31 »

just purchased a fire-stick with plans to put kodi on (or ask someone very nicely to do it for me)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 12:26:08 »

I've just moved over to BT from Sky, although I'm tied in with Sky until Jan 2017.

BT is fine but it isn't as intuitive or has as many functions as Sky. It relies on your aerial so unless you have a good signal picture quality can be a bit erratic.

I was paying £40 for basic Sky HD and £50 for BT & Broadband - I will be just paying £55 for BT from Jan 2017 - this includes HD and Kids programs.

I also have a Fire stick with Kodi so the includes Netflix and Amazon Prime stuff. Sportsmania on Kodi which gives you all sports channel from BT & Sky is about £50 per year.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 12:50:48 »

just purchased a fire-stick with plans to put kodi on (or ask someone very nicely to do it for me)
Chubbs, I did this last week and I'm an imbecile. There are plenty of Google sites. Took me about 10 minutes to download kodi and load up a number of sites. You should be ok.
kaufman

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 14:54:35 »

BT were great for me for a while but then started upping the prices massively and made sure the broadband and Phone line contracts ended up finishing at different times.
Have been paying through the nose for the past few months, and not getting the speeds either they promised
Virgin is in our area and offered to compensate to get out of BT
Being put in tomorrow.
BT was £60, Virgin £29 for a year
If you're wanting the sports though as a new customer I would have thought BT would be your best bet.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 14:57:01 by kaufman » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 15:59:50 »

Chubbs, I did this last week and I'm an imbecile. There are plenty of Google sites. Took me about 10 minutes to download kodi and load up a number of sites. You should be ok.
Its more of a time thing to be honest, i just don't get the time to tinker with things like this any more.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 1, 2016, 12:38:35 »

Live TV:
Zgemma box.
Everything for £60 a year (circa £180 up front with the hardware) through my active Virgin line.

Movies and TV catchup: Kodi
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 1, 2016, 13:22:23 »

Live TV:
Zgemma box.
Everything for £60 a year (circa £180 up front with the hardware) through my active Virgin line.

Movies and TV catchup: Kodi
I have looked at the ZGemma 4k but am not sure what 4k content they have at the moment as even a lot of genuine 1080i content yet.

Not a lot of outlay (£45 inc postage) for a 4k box so it might be worth a punt anyway for little outlay.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 1, 2016, 13:38:13 »

I have looked at the ZGemma 4k but am not sure what 4k content they have at the moment as even a lot of genuine 1080i content yet.

Not a lot of outlay (£45 inc postage) for a 4k box so it might be worth a punt anyway for little outlay.

If you know what you're doing to set it up (not too hard just need to ftp to add in a line) and pay for a line then it's worth it.
Virgin is full HD, Sky isn't due to encryption. Virgin doesn't broadcast 4k so not really sure what the point is at the moment.

Not sure on overseas broadcasting but you'd need a motorised dish.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 1, 2016, 13:51:53 »

We have been looking at SkyQ but its still a costly set up initially as well as about £10 extra a month for what is already a vastly overpriced product. I don't think I can justify the cost, would rather pay Netflix and Prime for 4k HDR content I think.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 1, 2016, 18:19:53 »

Amazon fire stick with kodi. Live streams aren't always great - passable at best.

Any films or boxsets are perfect.
Get sportsmania. 20 quid for  3 months but the quality of streams are superb
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: