Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24980 times)
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 16:47:18 »

Nicky Law (Bradford's no.4) is the best all round midfielder I've seen in League 1 this season (Otzumer - the best forward/no.10).  Vincelot was pretty classy at centre back too.  Thought Bradford were technically very good all round.

On Swindon:

Branco and Jones are good against old fashioned target men; Goddard keeps improving (if he could just bulk up a bit like Ozil did he'd be very good indeed); and Obika is vital.  Also, re set pieces: we now offer a threat and can defend them.  Actually quite a big side when Branco, Jones, Doughty, Obika and Norris are all playing.  BOO played well, although as Steve White pointed out he is always pulling his opponent's shirt when defending (presumably to give him leverage as he is so slight).  
Panda Paws

« Reply #121 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 17:53:22 »

Think someone else has mentioned before, but Tom Smith has a real sense of David Perkins about him. In time I think he'll be a pretty reasonable holding midfielder, perfectly suited to play alongside a creative DM like a fit Kasim.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 18:14:01 »

Nicky Law (Bradford's no.4) is the best all round midfielder I've seen in League 1 this season (Otzumer - the best forward/no.10).  Vincelot was pretty classy at centre back too.  Thought Bradford were technically very good all round.

On Swindon:

Branco and Jones are good against old fashioned target men; Goddard keeps improving (if he could just bulk up a bit like Ozil did he'd be very good indeed); and Obika is vital.  Also, re set pieces: we now offer a threat and can defend them.  Actually quite a big side when Branco, Jones, Doughty, Obika and Norris are all playing.  BOO played well, although as Steve White pointed out he is always pulling his opponent's shirt when defending (presumably to give him leverage as he is so slight). 

He was superb.

Clems Army!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 21:31:51 »

What's that celebration all about? Anything in particular?

Connor McGregor did it before his win vs Nate Diaz
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 08:52:16 »

I wish more of our players had some of the aggression Smith had Llandollo for example about two or three chances to put a strong tackle in but pulled out more worried about mucking his hair up. I like the tackle Smith did on the Hanson the biggest bloke on the pitch even though the tackle was unnecessary at least he let him know he was there and not going to take any shit.

Had Marshall in his pocket who got taken off 10 minutes later always great when that happens. I thought Marshall was there threat first half but second half he was poor.

Without doubt as some have said Nicky Law in midfield bossed it second half but he's got a lot of experience and been about and must be mid thirties now.

Ginger and Red don't go he needs to dye his hair strawberry blonde that little Smith.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 09:24:57 »

... Marshall was there threat first half but second half he was poor.

Spent most of the half on a pendulum of "why did we let him go" on his approach to the box, then "oh, yeah, now I remember" when he crossed it.

Without doubt as some have said Nicky Law in midfield bossed it second half but he's got a lot of experience and been about and must be mid thirties now.

Yeah, excellent performance from him. Bossed the midfield and linked everything up to. Was crying out for someone to flatten him!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 16:33:24 »

I wish more of our players had some of the aggression Smith had Llandollo for example about two or three chances to put a strong tackle in but pulled out more worried about mucking his hair up. I like the tackle Smith did on the Hanson the biggest bloke on the pitch even though the tackle was unnecessary at least he let him know he was there and not going to take any shit.

Had Marshall in his pocket who got taken off 10 minutes later always great when that happens. I thought Marshall was there threat first half but second half he was poor.

Ginger and Red don't go he needs to dye his hair strawberry blonde that little Smith.

I think he's really attractive  Love Struck but yes, I love his energy on the pitch.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 19:54:14 »

Had he not been playing left back sure Smith would have relished flattening Law in much the same way he did Hanson

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: