Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southend v Swindon Town offical matchday thread  (Read 29908 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 07:51:45 »

Ranger Cox, Timlin,
Benyon, Sturrockx2, Corr, Mooney, Easton, Belford C, Griemink, Zaaboub, Mildyoneball, Benson, Clarke, Ronson-KanuReeves, Nicolau

'Member when Southend were Swindon B

Sorry for the reminder, but if it isn't obvious by now I need somewhere to unload my footballing woes. And TEF therapy is a butt load cheaper than one of the pseudo science shrinks.

Take note this is the original, official and best matchday thread. Today is bound to be a hive of activity, with many imitations springing up for the glory.

Oh, and call me mad, but I think we can get something from this.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 09:23:41 by Batch » Logged
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 08:32:11 »

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 08:32:57 »

Although of late Roots Hall has been a fairly happy hunting ground for the Town of late.

Undefeated in our last 4 visits and winning our last 3 games there.

I truly can't see us getting anything out of tonights game, I would be happy with a draw.

Ranger and Cox to score in a 3-0 defeat.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
REDBUCK

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 08:37:20 »

I can only see a repeat performance from Saturday I'm afraid.  Poor tired darlings
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 08:37:58 »

Why not "we're doomed"?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 08:53:38 »

Bouncebackability 1-0 (Norris 89)

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 09:26:36 »

I'm hoping that some of the flooding around England, might have got to Sarfend and it's postponed. The feeling I've got atm, has only been matched once...that back in 1980. Then we had a terrible start to the season, Bobby Smith had recruited poorly in the summer and so was sacked. John Trollope had to come out of retirement to provide some sort of example.

We had Liverpool at Anfield in the LC, then in their pomp, no poncing about with weakened teams then.....Dalglish, Souness, Hansen. I thought this could be 10. It ended up 5-0, which was a relief.   OK, a one off game in unique circumstances, but I've already had that feeling this season, the first half at Scunny, where the side and management is so far out of its depth, that the normal rules of engagement don't apply.

Scunny could have been viewed as a one off on the road, if not backed up by Saturday's historic horror show at Spotland.

Would a narrow defeat be acceptable? Bit like at Vale Park in Feb, with Doughty at centre half, possibly the weakest side in STFC  history on the night, but at least not humiliated.  This sadly is the terrain that we're in now...normal rules of engagement not applying.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 10:00:14 »

Would a narrow defeat be acceptable? Bit like at Vale Park in Feb, with Doughty at centre half, possibly the weakest side in STFC  history on the night, but at least not humiliated. 

As I recall, that was more to do with Port Vale scoring early and then just going through the motions for the rest of the game knowing that they could take it easy because we were never going to score. 

Panda Paws

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 10:03:05 »

Normal rules of engagement completely apply! This team, we're continually told, and I believe, are better than relegation fodder and it's about fucking time we started showing it. It's as simple as that.

Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 10:06:21 »

Why not "we're doomed"?

Haha, that would be too predictable..........rather like our performances of late!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 10:07:16 »

As I recall, that was more to do with Port Vale scoring early and then just going through the motions for the rest of the game knowing that they could take it easy because we were never going to score. 

Entirely possible, but in any game, a 1-0 lead can get wiped out late on by a defender error, dodgy ref decision, or a lucky deflection etc.

Had we managed to keep Saturday down to a one goal difference, we'd now be above Coventry.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 10:12:33 »

2-0 defeat
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 10:16:59 »

6-3. Boo, Branco, Norris, Doughty (x2), own goal.

We'll start like a team possessed and go 3-0 up. Then they'll get one but we'll hit them on the counter for 4-1. They'll get 2 more and go full gung ho and we'll counter attack the shit out of them and win 6-3. Southend will get a red card at some point. Hopes will be renewed before we lose heavily at home to Bradford on Saturday.

That or a 2-0 loss. Also followed by a heavy loss at home to Bradford on Saturday.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 10:18:53 »

I don't care what they do as long as I don't see any articles or Twitter posts from the useless shower of shit saying things like they are "going to put things right tonight". It usually means they are going to roll over and get a good kicking yet again once they inevitably go one down early on.

It'll either be a desperately holding on for a 0-0 draw or a 4 or 5 nil hammering.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 10:25:36 »

Normal rules of engagement completely apply! This team, we're continually told, and I believe, are better than relegation fodder and it's about fucking time we started showing it. It's as simple as that.

Never, ever believe there is a thing such as "too good to go down".

Until we address the striker crisis and soft centre anything is possible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: