Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Car Insurance Question  (Read 1616 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 13:35:15 »

I am about to reapply for my licence having had to give it up for 12 months for health reasons, couple of questions?

I had c.8 years NCB when I had to cancel my insurance last year as I no longer had a licence, does that still hold relevant or will I have to start from scratch again. Secondly it will ask me how long I have held a licence, which was 23 years until I gave it back last year, again on that question does it start from scratch again?

Any answers would be gratefully received.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 13:42:17 »

First answer is start from scratch i think as your policy ceased. It needs to keep going to maintain ncb as far as i know. Ask though!

second question. I would go with whatever date it says on the back of your licence card(usually the pass date)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 13:52:49 »

Sometimes if you use the same insurance company you were with they will honour the NCB in full or at least give you a large discount, but it is at the insurance companies discression. My mate was in a similar position but with full NCB and they gave him 4 years when he reapplied.

This was a couple of years ago now so that could be different due to insurance companies clamping down a lot of late.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 16:47:05 »

Usually it's accepted for a policy which ended within the last 24 months. You'll still need to prove it though.
You hold the licence from pass date as Arriba says.

Come to think of it I don't think my current insurer has ever asked for proof of no claims!
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 17:12:47 »

Your NCB will be valid up to three years if your not driving. So you will still have the 8 years to use. You will need to put down the original date you passed your test to be able to claim this as well.   
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 10:20:20 »

Cheers all, I have got to get the paperwork sorted to get my licence back first then we will start to look into Insurance, they are not supposed to discriminate due to illness but we shall see!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: