Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Afc Rochdale v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 60728 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 18:59:30 »

At any point, has anyone heard why Sherwood decided on such a strange team selection? To drop Murray and play Barry in a position where he looks even less suited than fullback and to put Rodgers in as DM and Smith at 8 ahead of Thomas?

I don't think Murray or Thomas are fit enough for 2 games in a week, my guess is they play tomorrow.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 19:00:04 »

Nobody hears from him much. Beginning to feel sorry for Williams taking all the flak for things which now he is not responsible for.

Be interesting to see who appears on the next Question Time.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 19:42:22 »

Quote from: A Gent Orange
At any point, has anyone heard why Sherwood decided on such a strange team selection? To drop Murray and play Barry in a position where he looks even less suited than fullback and to put Rodgers in as DM and Smith at 8 ahead of Thomas?

has anybody heard from Sherwood? I think he's gone Milan (Misun).

I like Reg's theory over fitness. The alternative, that he thinks Barry is better, doesn't bare thinking about
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #333 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 20:37:17 »

Murray and Thomas have been shit this season. Ok in 5 minute bursts but unable to last 90 and anonymous for most. I've seen nothing from either to suggest they are better than Barry or Rogers. All have been shit this season. Barry was decent last season going forward. It says a lot when Rogers is no more or less shit than most of the others.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 21, 2016, 20:58:33 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 20:45:02 »

has anybody heard from Sherwood?

Of course not. That's one of the plus sides of his DoF title.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 21:05:59 »

Of course not. That's one of the plus sides of his DoF title.

Pah, I thought he was in charge of everything. A hands on DoF (manager in all but name).

What we have is a sham appointment right now.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 21:18:36 »

Murray and Thomas have been shit this season. Ok in 5 minute bursts but unable to last 90 and anonymous for most. I've seen nothing from either to suggest they are better than Barry or Rogers. All have been shit this season. Barry was decent last season going forward. It says a lot when Rogers is no more or less shit than most of the others.

Murray, Thomas and Delf are similar insofar as they were quite highly rated at an early age, have since lost their way and ended up at STFC. Murray has hardly played much football in 2 years, you can see something there, but as you say unable to do over 90 mins. You can see why Thomas attracted Liverpool, looks the part but flatters to deceive. Delf is supposed to be a striker but just doesn't score, could it yet happen for him? Doubtful. It wouldn't matter so much if someone else was scoring. I said at the start of the season I'd be amazed if Norris, Delf and Hylton got 10 between them...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #337 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 21:32:04 »

Murray and Thomas show more promise than Rogers but based on actual performances there's not much between them.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Monday, November 21, 2016, 23:03:48 »

Wow, that escalated quickly. A lot of shit about psychology to wade through.

But worth it for this

I think he's gone Milan (Misun).

Good work Batch.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 00:11:24 »

In the interests of science Ron, can you tell us a bit more about coddled eggs?  They seem to have passed the Smeeton household by.

ahh you have your own teef sir so you've never had them, very lightly steamed or baked in a ramekin and then served with spinach, roast garlic and shallots maybe a bit of pancetta thrown in if you're hungry.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 09:30:19 »

ahh you have your own teef sir so you've never had them, very lightly steamed or baked in a ramekin and then served with spinach, roast garlic and shallots maybe a bit of pancetta thrown in if you're hungry.

A middle class thing then.....no wonder it passed me by.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 16:58:27 »

Having spent way too much time over the last 12 months having my brain scanned, tested and god knows what else and also spending a fair time in the company of neurologists, there is a fucking huge amount that we do not know about the mechanics of the brain and the way that it affects peoples ability to deal with and react to things!  Hmmm

The mechanical study of the brain has nothing to do with psychology. That would be neurology.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 17:32:35 »

Its all phrenology to me

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 22:01:34 »

The mechanical study of the brain has nothing to do with psychology. That would be neurology.
There are links, I have had all manner of conversations with consultants regarding the manner in which epilepsy can lead to psychological changes and how to deal with them. I have drawn my own theories on the matter.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 22:07:28 »

There are links, I have had all manner of conversations with consultants regarding the manner in which epilepsy can lead to psychological changes and how to deal with them. I have drawn my own theories on the matter.

This is true. I've studied neuroscience and neuropsychology, there are things like performing EEGs I know how to do that one could argue are solely about brain functioning.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: