Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nathan Thompson  (Read 8450 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 23:45:19 »

Yeah, I mean what's the benefit in having a player who always gives 100%?

Admittedly he might not be infallible but if he was then he wouldn't be playing for us. I like to see passion on the pitch, it is infectious.

I think too you also have to be wary of criticising a captain from what you see on the pitch. The best captains are those that have the respect of the team - it's not about who shouts the loudest, it's about awareness and relationships. We have no idea what those are in the dressing room.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 09:55:28 »

My point is that Barry is a better option at RB these days than NT, because he's got a decent delivery.

I actually don't mind Barry at all. Telling he won players' player and manager's player last year, and topped our assists chart.

Without wanting to pile in on Barry, Nathan Thompson is very obviously a better right back than he is.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:05:13 »

The stats, albeit simplistic, appear to back up the gist of this thread.

In the last four seasons including this one, Nathan has started 73% of league games.
When starting the team has a 43.36% win rate, clean sheets in 29.2% of games and 1.18 goals conceded per game.

Without Nathan the numbers are 33.33% win rate, clean sheets in 14.29% of games and 1.81 goals conceded per game.

Compare that to Branco, who in the same period has started about 53% of league games.
With Branco starting the team has a 38.55% win rate, clean sheets in 14.5% of games and 1.53 goals conceded per game.

Without Branco the numbers are 43.05% win rate, clean sheets in 37.5% of games and 1.15 goals conceded per game.

Other than demonstrating that some people have too much time on their hands, it looks as if the team does significantly better when Nathan starts compared to when he is missing.
Not so good when Branco starts compared to when he is out.

Plenty of other variables in there though, but one constant is that the defence has been generally viewed as poor to average at best during that time.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 12:23:12 »

er, good statto-ing Mr Wobbly.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 21:58:01 »

Perhaps they are both shit  Hmmm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print