Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nathan Thompson  (Read 8441 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 20:49:10 »

Branco is dogshite and the fact he has 100 appearances explains a lot of our last season and a half

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 20:52:32 »

Regardless of ability, or lack thereof, Branco gets kudos for 'that' forearm smash on Flint. 
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 21:01:07 »

Regardless of ability, or lack thereof, Branco gets kudos for 'that' forearm smash on Flint. 
similar malice to the recent Calvin Andrew one!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 21:56:20 »

Overrated and  talks like a Girl.
Not captains material imo.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 22:05:43 »

Overrated and  talks like a Girl.
Not captains material imo.

Yeah, let's pick on the guy for something he has utterly no control over and is totally irrelevant anyway, nice work.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 22:19:15 »

I am Nathan's Number One Fan...come to think of it, does he have a fan club, with a badge, a signed photo and maybe an occasional newsletter?

You play your best players through the middle to enable them to best effect the game.  So, centre back if a 4, sweeper if a 3...or I'd like to see him holding alongside the same Yasir we had on Saturday...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 22:22:38 »

I am Nathan's Number One Fan...come to think of it, does he have a fan club, with a badge, a signed photo and maybe an occasional newsletter?

You play your best players through the middle to enable them to best effect the game.  So, centre back if a 4, sweeper if a 3...or I'd like to see him holding alongside the same Yasir we had on Saturday...

Yas will be good now, until he turns out for Iraq again. That always fucks him up for a couple of months for some reason.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 08:21:31 »

Is this a serious debate? Are people genuinely weighing up Branco v Thompson?

Branco is utter shite. A liability (infinitely more than NT). He's lazy, positionally terrible and all-around just useless unless the ball's kicked straight at his head.

NT comes back in alongside Jones. Job done. He is not a modern day RB. Furlong is street ahead, and so's Brad Barry really.

You were talking so much sense until the end... Brad Barry is fucking abysmal

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 08:55:27 »

looking on the bright side Barry has improved a bit and looks OK going forward on occasion.

nowhere near NTs class though.
Panda Paws

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 09:18:43 »

You were talking so much sense until the end... Brad Barry is fucking abysmal

My point is that Barry is a better option at RB these days than NT, because he's got a decent delivery.

I actually don't mind Barry at all. Telling he won players' player and manager's player last year, and topped our assists chart.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 09:34:58 »

Thompson is a decent enough player at this level, however I suspect he would get a considerably rougher ride for the mistakes he makes and the fact that he is almost permanently injured if he wasn't one of our own'.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 10:24:38 »

I honestly don't get this degrading of Thompson. One of the few players with the heart for a battle, good at bringing the ball out of defence and makes no more mistakes than anyone else.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 10:28:38 »

Thompson is quality at this level & the two main reasons for him making mistakes are the style & the fact that he's constantly had to cover gaps left by players who aren't as good as him positionally.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 19:17:28 »

Thompson would play in goal if he was asked. He loves the club and is easily one of our best players. He should, and probably would, be playing for a championship side except for his recurring injuries.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 20:04:44 »

I honestly don't get this degrading of Thompson. One of the few players with the heart for a battle, good at bringing the ball out of defence and makes no more mistakes than anyone else.

Probably true most of the time but he also lunges into tackles occasionally, giving silly fouls away.....and penalties (Oxford.....). Like Costanza I find it hard to forget and forgive his Wembley appearance when he clearly wasn't fit and may have cost us promotion as a result. Possibly not entirely his fault that he played and the team would probably have been just as shit anyway but we'll never know now......and he must have known at the time that he wasn't fully fit and shouldn't have risked it.

Having said that he is far better than Branco. I have no confidence when Branco is playing as he is always looks like he'll do something stupid at some point.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: