Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nathan Thompson  (Read 8444 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:16:38 »

So i apprciate not everyone rates him but let's face it he will be back in the team as soon as he is fit so on that basis where do we play him ?

Drop Branco? Put him in midfield. What do we do with him
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:20:51 »

He's got twice the number of league goals as our current front 2....so up front it is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:24:05 »

difficult one of we play as back 3, as in my eyes he's a right back.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:30:28 »

difficult one of we play as back 3, as in my eyes he's a right back.
Got a feeling the back 3 has gone now. How abouth he goes right back and Furlong over to the left
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:31:46 »

Got to be an automatic pick. What the fuck's up with people?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:48:24 »

If he's fit he plays.

If the team shows the same application as Saturday but playing a 3-5-2 then he'll slot back into usual position.

Trickier with 4 at the back, but he could play CB, RB or as one of the holding mid-fielders.
I think he'd play as a CB which would be tough on Branco to be dropped.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Panda Paws

« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:00:49 »

Is this a serious debate? Are people genuinely weighing up Branco v Thompson?

Branco is utter shite. A liability (infinitely more than NT). He's lazy, positionally terrible and all-around just useless unless the ball's kicked straight at his head.

NT comes back in alongside Jones. Job done. He is not a modern day RB. Furlong is street ahead, and so's Brad Barry really.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:07:18 »

My point was more will they drop Branco. As much as i agree he should be the choice to be dropped history suggests he doesn't get dropped
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:12:54 »

'Utter shite' is a bit harsh.  Branco has some good qualities: good in the air and good on the ball for a L1 centre back.  If his positional play was good (which it isn't) then he'd be in the Championship.  Clearly NT is better.  I would keep the back four (fed up of the opposition pulling the back 3 apart with simple long balls down the channels) with NT alongside Jones.  Probably won't be an issue in any event given fitness issues.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:27:59 »

The day Branco starts ahead of anyone bar an injury struck team is when he can play consistantly for more than 1 game with a major fuck up. Fans get swayed by shouting and badge kissing
Panda Paws

« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:46:25 »

The day Branco starts ahead of anyone bar an injury struck team is when he can play consistantly for more than 1 game with a major fuck up. Fans get swayed by shouting and badge kissing

Correct. He also needs to stop running around elbowing people for no reason, standing like a statue while attackers move and generally just being utter shite. And no, it's not harsh. And no, if he was better positionally he wouldn't be in the Championship.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 18:48:21 »

Correct. He also needs to stop running around elbowing people for no reason, standing like a statue while attackers move and generally just being utter shite. And no, it's not harsh. And no, if he was better positionally he wouldn't be in the Championship.
Agreed. Branco is a very limited footballer who has the odd good game (usually against long ball teams). His game is littered with errors and disciplinary lapses. I think we need to offload him. I'm not sure there would be many interested parties at our level.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 18:49:55 »

Nathan Thompson is perfectly adequate at this level. I do wonder whether he's good enough to progress further and suspect that his only way up is with Swindon, especially with his injury record.

I've not really forgiven him (and all involved) for starting at Wembley though.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 19:03:54 »

Nathan Thompson is perfectly adequate at this level. I do wonder whether he's good enough to progress further and suspect that his only way up is with Swindon, especially with his injury record.

I've not really forgiven him (and all involved) for starting at Wembley though.

I see him turning on the ball for that first goal, and grimacing, in my sleep sometimes.

Still love him though.

I can't hate Branco that much because he seems a bit mental, and that endears me to him.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 20:04:58 »

This debate mystifies me as much as the 'I'd love Red Bull to wipe our history for a few wins' one.

Branco remains the weakest of our central defenders, as he has been every season he's been here.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: