Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why do you drink?  (Read 4481 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 07:38:46 »

After a couple of pints, or glasses of wine or a VAT or 2, why do you carry on to 5 or 6 and beyond?

Those first 2 drinks are genuinely enjoyable, but after that what really is the point?

The number of times when I'm the driver I've said I'd rather have nothing than just the one.

What is so intoxicating about getting intoxicated?
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 08:18:38 »

When I first met my misses who was not familiar with many aspects of English culture, for obvious reasons, she once took it literally when I said I was going out for 'a pint'. She had no idea it really meant that I could be gone for a couple of days.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 09:21:39 »

Medicinal. Needs to be done when blood levels become dangerously high in the alcohol stream.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 09:38:01 »

Because people like getting a buzz. Alcohol is the legally and socially accepted form of getting high. If it wasn't booze it would be something else and often is for many.
I drink because I enjoy it. I like the drinks themselves and the feeling you get from them. I rarely get drunk but drink a fair bit on a weekend and get merry.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 09:58:00 »

Having witnessed how people from other countries consume their alcohol, I suppose the way people choose to drink in the UK (the drink to forget approach) has always put me off being a social drinker. I hate being around people most of the time, let alone the drunk ones Smiley

I'm not teetotal but I rarely drink. It's never really interested me. I'm 33 and I've never had anything more than a sip of a beer or lager (certainly never had a hangover). Teenage-era cheap cider drinking in parks and cans of Fosters on the Wiltshire hillsides back in the 90's was dull. Clearly, it's not for me.

I do very much enjoy the occasional whisky when we have friends visiting from afar and on rare nights night/social gatherings.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 10:23:34 »

I drink to block out reminders of who I am
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 10:29:43 »

I don't drink. Never got 'the buzz' or any sort of enjoyment as a teenager, so didn't bother carrying on.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 11:47:16 »

I haven't been properly drunk since, err, I don't know when. I was teetotal for man years of my 20's and only drank occasionally.

And then I moved to London and started drinking socially with colleagues, I became interested in trying different beers as they're so readily available and subsequently made a New Year's Resolution to try as many different beers as I could, I'm approaching my 100th unique beer. It's not a cheap hobby.

I drink now because I enjoy the taste of beer, I don't like wine or spirits and whiskey gives me a massive headache after only a small glass.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 12:03:00 »

I can't remember the last time I was "drunk", however I drink regularly.
I'll have a glass of wine or two in an evening, or a couple of whiskies, mainly to relax and I also enjoy it.
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 12:14:57 »

My heavy boozing days are coming to an end. I think it won't be long before I'm drinking only when I'm out, and that's not often.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 12:16:32 »

I drink because I enjoy the flavour of it, especially strong beers.

I have never drunk to oblivion, partly due to the fact that its almost impossibel to get pissed, I can drink easily 8 cans of something like Special Brew with only feeling a bit of a buzz so I don't even bother trying any more.

I don't enjoy spirits as they burn my esophagus, even more so with the after effects of the cancer treatment, so I never touch them, only beers.

4 or 5 pints of a night out, of good beer, is fine leaves me with no headache in the morning and not much of a buzz but thats fine, I have no problem with that, mostly due to the effects of being fat I guess.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 12:24:38 »

I'm fat and can get fairly drunk on 4-5 pints haha
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 12:25:40 »

Drink shuts out the bad thoughts
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 13:43:47 »

Because I can and I like it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 14:42:10 »

I'm a light weight and enjoy getting my twat on. I tend to drink to oblivion, which comes easily, and I enjoy it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: