Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Charlton Athletic Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24720 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #135 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:13:17 »

Cos he's a knob?
That also but i think after 3 years of being told to try and be a footballer when he isn't he took every opportunity to do what Sherwood told him and stop fucking about with it.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:54:34 »

great pass forward by the much derided Jason Drysdale for the Cowe goal............about 10 seconds after he gets completely skinned by their right winger

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 16:54:48 »

First. The minutes silence was very well observed and having The Last Post played as well was quite moving.

As for the match, I think that is the best I have seen this season, dog shit opposition or otherwise. Not a poor performance inn the team.

As for Branco lumping it up the pitch when not under pressure- better that than going all tippy tappy and giving a goal away. The opposition will struggle to score from their half of the pitch.

Much improved performance all round. I think Connor Thomas had his best game for us and BOO was a bit handy. Norris will come good. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Barry Scott

« Reply #138 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:06:23 »

I like to think Norris will come good too.

I have a friend who knows lots of players and staff at the club and he tells me that Norris is an absolute goal machine in training and is one of the strongest players at the club - the likes of Jones and Branco just bounce off him.

He's generally more in the negative end of the camp, so if he can be positive about Norris, then I'm happy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:09:32 »

great pass forward by the much derided Jason Drysdale for the Cowe goal............about 10 seconds after he gets completely skinned by their right winger

The ghost of Charles Reep watching 50's STFC.  That was just about Lord Lucan's sole positive contribution in a red shirt, ws it intentionla or just a hopeful punt  Hmmm  We may never know.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 17:31:07 »

One aspect of Saturday's game which helped was the size of the team.  With Branco, Jones, Thomas, Doughty and Norris we actually had a bit of height and muscle.  Helped in winning second balls and offering a set piece threat.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 19:38:34 »

Changed for you

No, Coe.  Like owe, with a c in front.
Definitely wasn't just me, first time it happened I had a Newcastle United supporting mate with me who could not understand why our fans were booing their own player?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 19:40:51 »

Definitely wasn't just me, first time it happened I had a Newcastle United supporting mate with me who could not understand why our fans were booing their own player?

Cos he was shit....Town fans do it all the time.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 20:01:02 »

One aspect of Saturday's game which helped was the size of the team.  With Branco, Jones, Thomas, Doughty and Norris we actually had a bit of height and muscle.  Helped in winning second balls and offering a set piece threat.

Noticeable that when Rodgers came on, he took up Thomas' position as the zonal marker just past the near post, before Doughty swapped with him. Says a lot that the job usually given to one of the best headers at the club was handed over to a midget then swapped for a player of fairly average height.

Thomas had a cracking game but Charlton were so hopeless in picking him up as the second pivot (Kasim was continually tracked) that twice he had no one within ten metres of him and could take the ball from Vigs and turn on it unopposed to play out.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: