Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So then..... Sherwood  (Read 20824 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 10:39:26 »

It wasn't necessarily aimed at you, but what would excite you?

I don't honestly know, at a bit of a low ebb on football at the moment. Contrary to the noises coming out I still don't feel like we are going anywhere as a club right now.

If we are talking managers, I think this is the best shot we have to change things on the pitch.  

I think a few wins and a bit of unity and effort on the pitch and it'll all be fine.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 10:49:28 »

A lot of people have got exactly what they wanted - being experts at running a football club, of course.

Power takes a backwards step, a nobody yes man was the only alternative expected but we get a PL manager who seems to have pretty much carte blanche from now on.

Cant see fans flocking back on the basis of that - only results will do that - but it is a whole lot healthier outlook that's for sure.

I cant make tomorrow - working til 1.00pm - but will be there Tuesday giving the players and staff my full support.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 11:00:16 »

He's got a lot to do. Fitness, discipline, self inflicted fuck ups, lack of backbone and in some cases a lack of giving a fuck. Where the fuck do you start with this lot. Can't trade until January, a lot of points to be won and lost. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 11:59:03 »

Obviously we need some "ins" a no nonsense centre back who can organise and a forward who is any sort of goal threat for a start. But no talk that this won't be financed by some outs. Obika, Kasim potentially most likely and Vigs likely to raise most dosh. Williams talked week or so back about those who have had plenty of opportunities but failed to deliver. Who does he mean? Norris, Goddard, Del Fonz, Boo, Barry, Branco, Rodgers, Murray, Thomas ? Apart from those currently crocked, ex youth teamers and loanees that doesn't leave much does it?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 12:00:39 »

The goalie won't go. Not mid way through the season.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 12:04:36 »

Unless you're a conspiracy theorist, Power was willing to buy that lad from Wycombe and if more money was available then, why would it not be available in January?
Panda Paws

« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 12:05:00 »

Obviously we need some "ins" a no nonsense centre back who can organise and a forward who is any sort of goal threat for a start. But no talk that this won't be financed by some outs. Obika, Kasim potentially most likely and Vigs likely to raise most dosh. Williams talked week or so back about those who have had plenty of opportunities but failed to deliver. Who does he mean? Norris, Goddard, Del Fonz, Boo, Barry, Branco, Rodgers, Murray, Thomas ? Apart from those currently crocked, ex youth teamers and loanees that doesn't leave much does it?

Murray and Thomas have done pretty well and are good long-term signings, and genuinely think Norris will come good. His all round game is strong and might be very well suited to Sherwood.

Can't see anyone parting with cash for Obika given he struggles to play more than 15 games a season and has done naff all this year, plus he's out of contract at the end of the season. We won't sell Vigs yet...

To me, it looks like Power is ready to pretty much ready write off half of the bunch he paid little for (BOO, Brophy, Del Fonz, Branco), and go after value elsewhere in the likes of Thomas and Murray. Think we'll see that type of signing in January again, particularly at CB. The chap at Wycombe seems an obvious move.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 12:17:42 »

Tim Sherwood will not be at the football club by the time the transfer window shuts

Things get better but they never get good
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 12:49:13 »

Why not?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 12:53:10 »

Not on a contract. Reminds me of when king brought in coppel

Things get better but they never get good
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 13:33:03 »

I am very happy to have Sherwood at the club, thought he was doing a good job at Spurs and surprised he left, Aston Villa he had a good cup run with and the club was already in trouble so he was struggling, but I think it got a lot worse after he left.

He seems to have identified most of the weaknesses that the fans have been talking about, ie pissing about  at the back, need for some experience etc, I  don't think he stand and watch without shouting instructions from the sidelines as many complain about Wiliams. 

It also looks like the injury situation is clearing up (except Thompson), but with Jones, Doubty, and Obika nearing fitness, Norris (now scoring?) making the squad a lot stronger, I am hoping this is turns around the results pretty quickly.

I also think when the January transfer window opens, we will be in a stronger position to persuade some players, working under Sherwood and coached by Williams and hopefully he's got further contacts we can tap up.

On the whole I think this is a very good move by Power
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 13:52:14 »

He seems to have identified most of the weaknesses that the fans have been talking about, ie pissing about  at the back, need for some experience etc,
To be honest Stevie Wonder could have identified these as well.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 13:54:00 »

Unless you're a conspiracy theorist, Power was willing to buy that lad from Wycombe and if more money was available then, why would it not be available in January?
Aaron Pierre is in the same situation as Obika/Kasim - out of contract in the summer. If Wycombe want any sort of money for him he has to go in January.

Apparently, his current form isn't that good - maybe he was pissed at not moving here in the summer.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 14:21:16 »

Most positive I've felt about a new manager since PDC.

If Sherwood maintains his league win percentage of 42.9% over the remaining 30 league games, this would equate to about 12 or 13 wins putting us on 52 to 55 points less any draws.

Picking up some points before start of the transfer window will be crucial.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 14:31:14 »

I don't think the side is as bad as many others seem to. Just needs around 3 players in key positions and a plan b.
I think Sherwood can see this and will address it. Just needs Power to step back a bit, trust his man and back him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: