Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RB Swindon  (Read 8627 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:57:47 »

Strongly rumoured and cleverly played by the club with the cans at the press conference.

We obviously know now that it was all about Sherwood. however, hypothetically what is everyone's views if we did become Red Bull Swindon.

It's a global brand with successful teams having been produced. Would the 'bournemouth' route be what everyone wants?

Would you take serious investment for the change of name?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 22:02:47 »

No, it's everything that's wrong with football and just because it was my club benefiting doesn't make it okay.

I can see the attraction in being hated (see also: PDC) but there has to be a line somewhere.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 22:04:06 »

There's too many variables to give an answer.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 22:06:05 »

Not for me.

Shirt or and/or ground sponsors wouldn't bother me either way.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 22:07:24 »

It would be one or two more steps removed from a new out-of-town soulless stadium.
I'm sure I'd fucking hate it but get sucked in and eventually enjoy 'the ride'. I prey to fuck nothing of the sort happens.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 22:28:57 »

All i know about red bull, is it makes me retch if i smell it. I have to move on buses and trains it's that bad. So in answer would hate it, it would be as bad as their shitty drink.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 22:40:27 »

Would be totally against it, we'd be the definition of a Franchise so would make us complete hypocrites for criticising the original 'franchise'. We'd be completely dependent on whims of their marketing division and just become part of a brand rather than a football club.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 22:57:14 »

No thanks. I love the fact we're an average sized club that once every few years puts together a good squad capable of challenging. I'd like more money available for transfers and wages of course. Investment will always be welcomed by me but a total re-brand would make any success feel artificial to say the least.

Annoyingly Bristol City have it the way I'd want it here. A minted owner who's also prepared to write off huge sums of money because he loves the club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 23:03:12 »

both city and Reading have done it right, wankers.

Apologies of it was one of you that pointed it out, but RBs disregard for history and tradition is apparently quite shocking for the clubs they own. not sure I'd wast to sell my soul.

lastly they employ Christian Horner and Helmut Marko at RBR, reason enough to give them the finger Wink
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 02:03:57 »

If I wanted success at any cost I'd support Chelsea or something. I'm sure I could come up with some bullshit reason like they all do.

But success isn't why I support Swindon (I mean obviously). Admittedly you'd have to be a bit naive to assume we're free of the money=success formula, but there is still, to me, more satisfaction in watching my club win on a budget compared to winning with selling out everything I remember watching and falling in love with when I was 10 years old.

You can lose your virginity to a sex worker but it's not the same as doing it with someone you love.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 07:33:00 »

If I wanted success at any cost I'd support Chelsea or something. I'm sure I could come up with some bullshit reason like they all do.

But success isn't why I support Swindon (I mean obviously). Admittedly you'd have to be a bit naive to assume we're free of the money=success formula, but there is still, to me, more satisfaction in watching my club win on a budget compared to winning with selling out everything I remember watching and falling in love with when I was 10 years old.

You can lose your virginity to a sex worker but it's not the same as doing it with someone you love.

Best analogy ever - summed up perfectly 😀
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 07:37:38 »

It would probably be fun.

Not sure I'd totally agree with it. Its probably the only way we'd ever be successful.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 07:49:34 »

I don't see much difference whether a club is bankrolled by a billionaire individual, like Chelsea, Man City, etc, or being bankrolled by a large multinational...

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 08:00:11 »

I think to me it depends how much they change your identity. happy to pretend the country ground is called red bull arena for a few seasons, less happy to be called red bull Swindon, have the drs renamed the Christian Horner stand and pretend we are new club starting in the league again.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 11:10:45 »

Rory Bellend Swindon?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: