Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Significant Announcement - Thursday  (Read 71251 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #345 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 20:44:30 »

Power did say something along the lines of 'We're being particular about not calling Tim the manager because...." and then said something about Luke not being demoted. I can't find the link now, but it's hardly a mystery.

It helps prevent Luke from losing face, and might also be a kind of insurance policy for Tim. His CV wont look as bad if he fails with a DOF title rather than manager.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 20:48:34 »

He did say that, but then in the next breath say TS would be in charge of player recruitment, picking the formation/style and players.

So I'm not entirely sure the CV situation holds up for either. Footballs too small a circle to not know the real score.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 20:49:03 »

As he's clearly the new manager why not just name Sherwood as the manager ?

To avoid demoting Williams

Edit: fh beat me to it.
This is the liveliest thread for a while, that's got to be something!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 20:53:43 »

I guess he would be off if he does very well anyway, but it doesn't feel right Smiley

What's success? I'd settle for avoiding relegation, a bit of a change in style, and the feeling of building something up for next year.

Ditto, although there is a very quiet voice in the back of my head saying "Barnsley, Barnsley".. Could just be the wife shouting "Bastard" from upstairs though.

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 20:55:48 »

But Williams has been demoted. That is obvious as Sherwood is now in charge of team matters.
They've just been very polite about it I suppose by not naming Sherwood as manager.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 20:59:29 by Arriba » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #350 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:04:11 »

They've just been very polite about it I suppose by not naming Sherwood as manager.

Exactly, they're just being diplomatic about it. That, and I think that they do genuinely hold Williams in high regard.

I'm wondering if Sherwood's being bought in as a sort of hands on consultant to help Williams get it right, the DOF title would make it easier for Sherwood to take a step back if things are going well (for Luke).
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:11:22 »

But Williams has been demoted. That is obvious as Sherwood is now in charge of team matters.

Called man management skills.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:19:47 »

Quote from: Flashheart
I'm wondering if Sherwood's being bought in as a sort of hands on consultant to help Williams get it right, the DOF title would make it easier for Sherwood to take a step back if things are going well (for Luke).

had that thought too, but eventually dismissed it because it was stated ts has complete control.

don't think this is a king/coppell scenario
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:25:00 »

I'm quite pleased with the news.

A manager, sorry dof, who is good friends with the chairman and has good contacts in the game. His previous record means nothing to me, that was at premiership clubs. Lets see how he does at this level.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:25:36 »

I wonder whether it might be a short term thing, to give the team a boost, give Williams a breather, before he takes back over for the run in with town safely mid table, with Sherwoods stock having risen

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:29:21 »

I wonder whether it might be a short term thing, to give the team a boost, give Williams a breather, before he takes back over for the run in with town safely mid table, with Sherwoods stock having risen

...then Power gets a better price from the energy drink company.

Beers Not Jägerbombs
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:41:14 »

Exactly, they're just being diplomatic about it. That, and I think that they do genuinely hold Williams in high regard.

Maybe Power is looking for the bounce we got last season when Lingy came in this time last year. Sherwood knows the set up under Power and I think Power has got absolute trust in Sherwood to hand over transfer policy. It also allows Power to be less hands on and devote time to other interests, Waterford maybe?

Sherwood has got a chance to rebuild his reputation, he can't stay out of work forever, and if comes off he can walk into a bigger job. The non contract thing seems to give flexibility both ways but we do miss out on compensation.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:46:11 »

Who does post match interviews?
lambourn red

« Reply #358 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:48:17 »

Who does post match interviews?
That was my thoughts as well, this Saturday's post game media interviews will give use a big clue to the new Dynamics of the management team my guess will be Sherwood especially as it is on Sky
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 21:54:44 »

Only just got in from GWH having had a small eye operation checked out so rather late to the news. As far as I can see it is a positive move by Mr Power, takes the build up of pressure off Luke Williams and lets him get on with what he is happiest with, and we get someone to "manage" the team who has experience of doing that.

I have now gone from being concerned about the direction in which we were going to one with slightly more optimism.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

I agree with you btw.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: