Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Netflix Vs Amazon Prime  (Read 8507 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 07:52:10 »

Hi all,

Does anyone use either/both of these services? I've got Netflix and I quite like it.. is it worth getting Amazon Prime?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a Fire Stick and loading Kodi onto it, would I need either of these streaming services if I use Kodi?

I'm shite with all of this technical stuff..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 08:55:58 »

Prime is ace particularly if you buy loads of stuff, easy worth 70 quid for free delivery alone.  Tv wise both are like boot sales, mainly shit, with the odd good find, but the good stuff quickly runs out, and you're back to watching old inbetweeners in the evening..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 09:01:09 »

I quite like prime, yes the delivery is good if you order of Amazon a fair bit. Actually with prime I tend to order more, because lower value items are  more affordable due to not having to pay delivery. But to be honest I've not checked regularly whether you can get the same item for the same price elsewhere..

Amazon music is useful, I can stream it at work.

agree on the video side, hit and miss. watched a few films I wouldn't have and a couple of series.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 09:34:25 »

I have Prime & Netflix and a Fire stick with Kodi loaded.

Netflix is really good IF you can find what you want to watch (i.e. if they have it). The auto start for next programme is a great feature and you can pick up on another device where you left off. It is great for kids as there is loads of Lego, Pokemon and you'll find an app on smart TVs, BT, Xbox Android, Iphone etc.

Prime is also good as it increases the amount of films and shows you can watch - again IF you can find them. The free next day post and the photo storage are 2 more advantages as is Amazon Music.

Kodi is great as it is free and shows everything however I do find on a Firestick it can be a little erratic and buffers quite a bit, mainly on streaming of sports. It can be a little fiddly to set up.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 09:36:15 by Bewster » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 09:42:02 »

I have Prime & Netflix and a Fire stick with Kodi loaded.

Netflix is really good IF you can find what you want to watch (i.e. if they have it). The auto start for next programme is a great feature and you can pick up on another device where you left off. It is great for kids as there is loads of Lego, Pokemon and you'll find an app on smart TVs, BT, Xbox Android, Iphone etc.

Prime is also good as it increases the amount of films and shows you can watch - again IF you can find them. The free next day post and the photo storage are 2 more advantages as is Amazon Music.

Kodi is great as it is free and shows everything however I do find on a Firestick it can be a little erratic and buffers quite a bit, mainly on streaming of sports. It can be a little fiddly to set up.

Thanks for that, I actually have Netflix.. I do quite like it..

When you say Kodi Loaded... what does this mean? Do you pay extra for that etc?..

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 09:44:07 »

I have both. I order a shit load of stuff from Amazon so its useful for that but use Netflix for watching stuff. There's loads on there, plenty of British / American sitcoms, some cracking documentaries (all of Louis Theroux's stuff is there).

I don't think I've watched anything on Prime yet. I have Now TV as well so don't really need another service to watch stuff.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 09:44:38 »

He means Kodi loaded onto it.

I just use kodi for everything, no longer pay for netflix
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 09:46:26 »

He means Kodi loaded onto it.

I just use kodi for everything, no longer pay for netflix

That's cool.. I'm pretty shit with all of this technical stuff..

I'm assuming you can buy a normal Amazon Fire Stick then load Kodi onto it yourself?..

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 09:57:55 »

You can indeed, but i have heard that it buffers a lot. You can jailbreak an apple tv and put it on there

Failing that buy a box from amazon or entertainmentbox.com

I got mine from the second one and its spot on
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 10:01:27 by tans » Logged
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 10:04:37 »

I think Barry/Si shared a link a week or so ago of a box on Amazon that was perfect for that.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 10:28:28 by Bewster » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 10:04:45 »

You can indeed, but i have heard that it buffers a lot. You can jailbreak an apple tv and put it on there

I got mine from the second one and its spot on

Thanks mate.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 10:17:10 »

I've got both. I watch Netflix more (and so do the kids) and only really have Prime because I qualify for the half-price student rate.

I'd rather pay for streaming services than to be forever hunting for a reliable/quality stream using Kodi.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 10:19:11 »

I've got both. I watch Netflix more (and so do the kids) and only really have Prime because I qualify for the half-price student rate.

I'd rather pay for streaming services than to be forever hunting for a reliable/quality stream using Kodi.

That's cool, I have Netflix and Now TV... plus NFL Game Pass.

I just didn't know whether the Amazon Prime was worth paying extra for.

With the general feeling towards the buffering, I'm unlikely to cancel my subscription to Netflix..

Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 10:20:10 »

I've learnt that by paying for a decent add on i am hardly searching for decent streams anymore
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 10:23:37 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56720.msg1400783#msg1400783

That thread is most likely what Bewster is referring to. The box I link to is half the price of one on Tans' site but you will have to wipe and setup Kodi. Works great though and once setup the Mrs and her kids can operate it easily.
Youtube guides make this relatively simple if you can be bothered to spend an hour or so of your time.

If you're a total tech tard or can't be bothered to do any setup whatsoever then get one from a seller that can do a full setup.

I only use two or three addons on Kodi. There is zero point in clogging it up with hundreds that you don't ever use.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: