Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eastleigh v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 57102 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #300 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 22:42:40 »

Is the replay on TV at all?
nope Don't think we got selected

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 23:15:59 »

nope Don't think we got selected

OK, thanks.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, November 13, 2016, 23:41:22 »

I saw us play them a couple of times in the 80's that was back in the bleak bleak days when we were really bad.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #303 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 09:57:03 »

I saw us play them a couple of times in the 80's that was back in the bleak bleak days when we were really bad.
Will never forget the game in 82 at the CG when they beat us 1-0 it was one of the worst performances I have seen by a Swindon side, we couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo from 1 yard.

They scored in the last minute with their first attack, their keeper Lee Smelt had a good game as he always did against us as he always seemed to back in the 80's.

Their goal scored by a young Bobby Davison who went on to score 170 league goals for Derby, Leeds, Leicester etc.

One thing I do remember was laughing at their team sheet (as a 16 year old it was funny) that the first 3 names on the team sheet were Smelt, Nobbs, Wood. (sniggers)

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 10:10:32 »

their keeper Lee Smelt

Of what?  Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 10:13:59 »

Will never forget the game in 82 at the CG when they beat us 1-0 it was one of the worst performances I have seen by a Swindon side, we couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo from 1 yard.

They scored in the last minute with their first attack, their keeper Lee Smelt had a good game as he always did against us as he always seemed to back in the 80's.

Their goal scored by a young Bobby Davison who went on to score 170 league goals for Derby, Leeds, Leicester etc.

One thing I do remember was laughing at their team sheet (as a 16 year old it was funny) that the first 3 names on the team sheet were Smelt, Nobbs, Wood. (sniggers)

Brilliant I'll join you in a snigger.

I actually liked that bleak period around the early 80's, leading up to Macari. We were seeing but maybe didn't realise at the time the systematic dismantling of of the post war political consensus, whereby collective action, working together and a civil society was replaced by "there's no such thing as society"

Somehow supporting had greater meaning to it....I'd only just moved back to Swindon, and on meeting new people would talk them into giving the Town a try on a Saturday afternoon....it was still cheap back then. We always seemed to be terrible, when I dragged someone along  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #306 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 10:23:14 »

Of what?  Hmmm
Nobbs Wood Cheesy

Peter Venkman

« Reply #307 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 10:28:40 »

Brilliant I'll join you in a snigger.

I actually liked that bleak period around the early 80's, leading up to Macari. We were seeing but maybe didn't realise at the time the systematic dismantling of of the post war political consensus, whereby collective action, working together and a civil society was replaced by "there's no such thing as society"

Somehow supporting had greater meaning to it....I'd only just moved back to Swindon, and on meeting new people would talk them into giving the Town a try on a Saturday afternoon....it was still cheap back then. We always seemed to be terrible, when I dragged someone along  Smiley
I actually used to quite enjoy the games back then, we were much much worse than we are now but we accepted it, as a club, as fans and even the players it seems.

The real dark days of STFC, kinda makes you appreciate the good times so much more.

The day we got Lowndes Lambert on board as sponsor and the whole club was lifted with the appointment of Macari after several years of less than mediocre is still a high point in supporting STFC for me.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 19:58:52 »

If we get past Eastleigh tomorrow I see our second round game is on a sunday at 2 oclock

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

Let's hope Macclesfield can do to the pox on TV what they did to us 2 years running
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, November 14, 2016, 23:02:30 »

If we get past Eastleigh tomorrow I see our second round game is on a sunday at 2 oclock

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

Let's hope Macclesfield can do to the pox on TV what they did to us 2 years running

That will be on the football focus programme with live goal updates.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 05:46:48 »

I doubt that's the actual kick-off time. More likely it's just been shunted to the end of the list until the fixture (and time) is confirmed.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 08:18:01 »

Can we get two wins in a row!?

I'm away with work, or might of been tempted to go along after Saturday's performance.

I do hope we kick on and get a win.

Get through the next game and a glamour tie away would be great..

Clems Army!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 21:24:33 »

Don't think it's going to matter what day it's being played, unless you want to watch Eastleigh in the second round Sad
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 21:33:54 »

Is the replay on TV at all?
Hope Not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: