Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eastleigh v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 57921 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 12:01:18 »

Ditto what everyone else said about the atmosphere. Barring the power out twats it was a good effort. Got into an argument with one of them after the game had finished and they were singing it as the players and staff came over to applaud the fans. Bugger had no idea what the alternative was but just wanted Power out for some unexplained reason other than 'What's he doing to our club?'. Idiots. I would rather have power than no-one or some fucking cowboy who puts us into a winding up order or administration again so we then have no club at all.

A bit like the current Brexit situation - fair enough to want change, but what the fuck is the next step?

If the shouty Power-outers can't come up with a credible answer when probed (don't) they should be prepared to accept idiot status.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 12:05:28 »

On the Facebook group they keep saying the fans should take over ............. most on there think £25 to watch L1 is too expensive and don't have a pot to piss in so that's a no go plus who ever buys the club would have to fork out a lot of money to pay off Power and Black.

In theory getting a new owner in is a good idea........ but in reality it ain't gonna happen, when Black walked away we only had 2 potential "investors" and the one who "won" only put £1 in, had to ask money from a known fraudster (hall) when that failed to materialise he went to Power who was meant to be director of football and not his investor.

Unless someone comes up with a viable alternative, there is no other choice but it does give the idiots on the Facebook group to talk about.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 12:09:58 »

A bit like the current Brexit situation - fair enough to want change, but what the fuck is the next step?

If the shouty Power-outers can't come up with a credible answer when probed (don't) they should be prepared to accept idiot status.

What a load of bollocks.

Don't have a go at an MP unless you become one yourself and become leader and put forward a manifesto!?

Don't have a go at a player unless you can play better yourself?!

Don't criticise a Chairman unless you can buy the club yourself and win promotion....??

Clems Army!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 12:10:50 »

On the Facebook group they keep saying the fans should take over ............. most on there think £25 to watch L1 is too expensive and don't have a pot to piss in so that's a no go plus who ever buys the club would have to fork out a lot of money to pay off Power and Black.

In theory getting a new owner in is a good idea........ but in reality it ain't gonna happen, when Black walked away we only had 2 potential "investors" and the one who "won" only put £1 in, had to ask money from a known fraudster (hall) when that failed to materialise he went to Power who was meant to be director of football and not his investor.

Unless someone comes up with a viable alternative, there is no other choice but it does give the idiots on the Facebook group to talk about.
I think change will only happen if someone comes up as the viable alternative. I don't do Facebook, but I suspect it won't be any of them.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 12:13:20 »

What a load of bollocks.

Don't have a go at an MP unless you become one yourself and become leader and put forward a manifesto!?

Don't have a go at a player unless you can play better yourself?!

Don't criticise a Chairman unless you can buy the club yourself and win promotion....??
No, not at all. The point I'm making is by all means criticise, but when challenged, back up your criticism with your reasoning, not just by posing another question or being abusive.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 12:22:33 »

I think change will only happen if someone comes up as the viable alternative. I don't do Facebook, but I suspect it won't be any of them.

good idea, cos if you don't think Power is a cunt then you are sucking him off and his love child ...... 
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 12:32:16 »

Just watched recording.

We did ok.

BOO looked to have a decent game, great anticipation to make the clearance.

Case now of not fucking it up in the replay.

We look to have three new players according to Keown, in Armand, Dowerty and Kasam.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 12:33:30 »

We've a game in midweek in the Boycott Trophy.

Another example of the stupidity of this comp, it's a game we certainly don't need, especially now we've a cup replay. All the evidence of this season tells us that most of our players aren't fit enough for 2 games a week....normally we'd have exited by now, so leaving a free week for the preparations for Charlton.

BTW, if you think we're shit at home Exeter make us look half decent....1 win in 16, albeit the Devon derby last season.  Only 2 goals, one draw and 6 defeats this season.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 12:44:25 »

Most people thought we'd lose that game - we didn't, so I don't get what some are moaning about.

Better teams than us will struggle and lose against supposedly inferior opposition.

Fuck 'em, I say.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 13:35:28 »

I think the negative is all our frailties and weaknesses didn't look any better against  lower league opposition.

But hey, baby steps.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #250 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 14:43:27 »

Most people thought we'd lose that game - we didn't, so I don't get what some are moaning about.

Better teams than us will struggle and lose against supposedly inferior opposition.

Fuck 'em, I say.

No point dwelling on a game which doesn't really mean an awful lot in the context of our season. A big concern was that we only looked marginally better than non-league opposition who gave us way more respect than we deserved. The positives were that we didn't totally buckle having conceded and cuntsable had little influence. Cue a load of abuse in the home replay and a crap goal to silence it.

A good measure of our piss poor season thus far is the change in Iffy's Onion Bhaji's posts from a broadly neutral perspective back to the despairing rants of yesteryear. Once a stout pessimist, his attitude has been lightened through Jagerbombs and the realisation that the pre and post match meet up with mates is far more enjoyable than football can be. However, you can see a decline into his old everything's shit ways which is mirrored by the declining performance on the pitch.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 15:36:26 »

Fuck 'em, I say.

Bugger me Bellend, is that a positive post?
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 15:53:07 »

Typical twisted wisdom of one of those that cant see further than the end of their nose when it comes to the lesser talented one of the Thompson brothers.

If you want a hero to worship, crack on with all the others who have low standards.

It takes more than wearing the captains armband, kissing the badge and clapping the fans after a few matches to get hero status, and being with us since he was 8 really doesn't make him one of our own, though why let facts get in the way of a mouthy rant eh Chalkie?

Now, run along son.

What an absolute bellend.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 15:56:53 »

I'm a Power - meh, Williams - out kinda guy. What gets me goat is that I'm convinced we've got the players to get us the table but, game on game, Williams proves he hasn't got what it takes to get the best out of them.

He said recently we didn't have the players to go 442 yet, yesterday, when it was forced on him, we looked so much better.

Who knows if the system is forced on him from above, but we need new blood in the dugout.

We're not useless, we're frustrating.
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 16:21:45 »

You're confusing two issues. One is whether NT is one of our own, which I think most people would say he is. The second is whether hes any good or not. This is opinion. As I said, I think he's limited. He's been at fault on some incredibly fucking dumb goals to concede eg Rovers. But whether he's any good or not has no bearing whatsoever on whether he's one of or own.
You don't rate him, I get it. You're not alone but don't combine two different arguments.
Now I'm jogging along, dad.

I'll have that debate with you or anyone else all day long CS, preferably withouit resorting to name calling and insults. Apologies if I riled you last night, but I think you've hit the nail on the head with that post: I don't rate Nathan Thompson. Not that would change my opinion of him as a player, but I don't know him personally like so many claim to, and I don't get the willingness of so many to hero worship him or to call him one of our own.

To be absolutely honest I dont think he should be captain of the squad either as it just seems to burden him. He's a fullback being asked to play out of position and he sometimes does too much on the pitch, hence making personal mistakes and also getting injured perhaps more often than he should for a relatively young player.

A good manaeger would be smart and give him a break and stop trying to appease the fans by continuing with him as skipper.

And for the record, I'd never boo him or any of our lads no matter how bad they were, so whoever mentioned that last night can go fuck themselves.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: