Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eastleigh v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 57618 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 04:50:10 »

Seeing as I'm going to this I may as well start it off as you previous fuckers have had the kiss of death recently.

Twisted as I am, I'm looking forward to this - but then, again, I do like a bit of self-flagellation.

My first away sortie since we beat Orient 2-0 with a sublime performance just a few short years ago but feels like a lifetime.

I shall be well tanked as due to arrive at 5ish to fully lubricate me vocal chords in anticipation of hurling abuse at Cunstable.

I'll save the Beeb a job by apologising to viewers if they heard some bad language - fucking pinkos.

I do have a tendency to fart hideously after beer + some shitty pub grub so I pity the poor suckers who sit anywhere in the vicinity - Southampton should just about be safe.

Anyway, fwiw, I'm confident we can revert to our giant-killer status and trounce these upstarts 5-1.

Apparently, other upcoming events at Eastleigh include performances by Mungo Jerry and The Stylistics - we have Sham 69. Sums it up beautifully

As an aside, that Ray Dorset is a ringer for Fred West.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 4, 2016, 05:15:06 by Rory Bellend » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 07:46:50 »

Good work A.

Everyone seemingly has written us off. Away, in the FA Cup, against a big spending lower league team. You can see why it has that feel about it.

But I'm confident it'll be a tight game that we can win. We have to be a) up for it and b) have a rare good day in the office in scoring the chances we make - because they will be at a premium.

Lose this one and Williams will really feel it at the CG next weekend, another TV game..

Batch says : relax - we'll grab a draw and do them at the CG in a replay.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 07:51:49 »

I will be on a train. Thanks BBC.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 08:31:00 »

It's either a tense but tedious unconvincing squeeze into the next round against "plucky underdogs", or humiliation on national TV as we become the latest bit of grist to be served up to the "cupset" mill. We really can't win here. I don't even want to watch this on telly tbh. But I will, probably from behind the sofa, like I used to watch Dr Who when I was a kid. Well, and the Stone Angels episodes over the last couple of years as well
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 08:35:15 »

Unfortunately I can't see past humiliation on national TV without us scoring any in return.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 08:35:55 »

We're a cheery bunch, aren't we?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 08:45:19 »

We're a cheery bunch, aren't we?
If you expect the worst then you aren't as disappointed when it actually happens Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 08:53:58 »

Eastleigh (-1.0) is around 5/1

Just saying

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 08:59:35 »

Draw there tonight, lose the replay at home!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:09:09 »

Draw there tonight, lose the replay at home!

.....after extra time on a cold, wet, windy and miserable night. Typical Swindon.

Hoping for a draw so the Treble will still be on.  Grin

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:27:31 »

Tough one.. I can't see past a loss... hopefully I'm wrong, though.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:40:26 »

What are you all worried about we have our goal scoring machine up front Norris - fancy him for a goal tonight at the other end we have Kamikaze Branco who has to be the shittiest centre back in L1 and no doubt he will leave his player for a free header in the box for him to score or may even let their forward just ghost past him without making any effort to catch him.

On a serious front Eastleigh will be right up for this and if our lot don't turn up again it will be a long night. whatever happens LP wont get rid of LW as his excuse has been up to now the number of players that have been out.

As a Swindon fan for a long time I have never been so pissed off watching us play and fucking bored out my head. The atmosphere in our ground is crap and its all down to the crap we are being dished up on the pitch.

Lose tonight and I think next week there ill be a lot of crap being thrown LP and LW way at the home game to Charlton.

Our results against non league sides has been crap over the last four years and that was with better squads so im fearing the worst tonight but I hope Doughty starts tonight as he is a real driving force for us.

Quite honestly i'm not worried if we lose any of this squad in January as none of them have performed and quite honestly I don't see who would want any of them anyway.
Panda Paws

« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:52:46 »

What are you all worried about we have our goal scoring machine up front Norris - fancy him for a goal tonight at the other end we have Kamikaze Branco who has to be the shittiest centre back in L1 and no doubt he will leave his player for a free header in the box for him to score or may even let their forward just ghost past him without making any effort to catch him.

On a serious front Eastleigh will be right up for this and if our lot don't turn up again it will be a long night. whatever happens LP wont get rid of LW as his excuse has been up to now the number of players that have been out.

As a Swindon fan for a long time I have never been so pissed off watching us play and fucking bored out my head. The atmosphere in our ground is crap and its all down to the crap we are being dished up on the pitch.

Lose tonight and I think next week there ill be a lot of crap being thrown LP and LW way at the home game to Charlton.

Our results against non league sides has been crap over the last four years and that was with better squads so im fearing the worst tonight but I hope Doughty starts tonight as he is a real driving force for us.

Quite honestly i'm not worried if we lose any of this squad in January as none of them have performed and quite honestly I don't see who would want any of them anyway.

What a load of shite - so, you're happy for us to lose Vigouroux, Thompson, Obika, Doughty etc etc...

Jones and Doughty coming back in will be a huge boost, hopefully preventing Branco from playing. We'll win 2-1.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:54:26 »

I'm willing to get shot down on this one, but I reckon Branco is just what we need for this game.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 10:03:15 »

I'm willing to get shot down on this one, but I reckon Branco is just what we need for this game.

Can you expand on why going down to ten men when he does something fuckwitted is what we need?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: