Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Car Insurance Renewal query  (Read 1465 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 13:50:08 »

My insurance company automatically renewed by policy without notification stating what the new premium was. 5 days after it started I noticed the premium had gone up by 150%. I phoned to cancel.

I have now received a threatening letter for £74.78 for 5 days cover and cancellation charge.

Is there not a 14 day cooling off period for renewals and how can they charge over €40 for 5 days cover?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 13:57:41 »

A lot of companies now do a paperless renewal. They email you before renewal date.

Did you not receive an email? How did you receive previous documents?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 14:05:36 »

All email. But previous companies have always sent a letter stating the new premium. The email I received from Dial Direct didn't mention the new premium and it took some digging when I logged in to find out that it had risen from £19 a month to £46.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 14:06:08 »

My insurance company (when I had some.... (got company car now) used to send me my renewal in the post 1 month before it renewed but some also email you as well. If you received nothing I would tell them to take a hike.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 14:07:34 »

I bet you received a renewal email.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 14:45:31 »

Won't help you now but you can opt out of this 'service.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 17:54:44 »

You would have got a renewal notice because you need it to carry your no claims proof over.  What they may have done is e-mail the notification and stored the documents in your online account.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 20:22:43 »

You would have got a renewal notice because you need it to carry your no claims proof over.  What they may have done is e-mail the notification and stored the documents in your online account.

It's this.

Ironically if you don't open your email they will send you a printed version of your offer.
I'm surprised the email didn't make mention of the offer price, they normally do

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 20:53:33 »

I've sorted it. Got them to knock £25 off - which is what they charged to send me a threatening letter!

£11 for 5 days cover which was fair enough and a whopping £38 admin charge for cancelling the policy.

Still a bunch of cnuts - that was my drinking budget for tomorrow's game!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: