Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon match day thread  (Read 38622 times)
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:44:04 »

Very similar observations to Wobbly from me: I didn't learn too much yesterday.

I would love 'the model' to succeed, and I think it could with nous, and fine tuning (ok , that's maybe a bit optimistic). I like Williams and that our approach is different and when working, causes challenges that opponents can't overcome. But.

I'm resigned now that a basic, no-frills, streetwise bunch of the best division 3 cloggers that money can buy, can brush aside our sensitive souls and troubled that they're the finest that this dire division can currently offer.  I hated it when the likes of Preston bullied our good model team; I'm genuinely perplexed as to how and why an owner experienced and understanding of the dark arts has tolerated our miserable failure of the last 18 months or so.

So at half time it did feel as though a watershed may have been reached, when even the patience of the few dribbling, incoherents dull enough to travel all the way to Scunthorpe, may have finally given way. After all, our heroes had withered at the first attack the hosts could muster, and capitulated with a cup of tea and a "we're still in this" bravado team talk in sight. So abject those few minutes were, that it was deeper and beyond the "you're not fit to wear the shirt" anger, it was literally hopeless.

That the second half turned into an exercise of some energy, some tackling and some redemption is neither here nor there, as hopeless turned into pointless.  It's easy to try, to raise your game, when all bets are off - a release from the fear and nerves and self-pity of the first half.  As tends to be the case for sore losers, the ref was a monstrous homer: ignoring their every tug, push, pull or assault whilst waving yellow cards around at our lambs at the tiniest opportunity.

And with humiliation avoided, there was some actual relief at the end - Luke made every player, yes even Yasir - acknowledge our troubled existence and they trudged off in one direction, we another, but surely as one in thinking where the hell do we go from here?

(For those appreciative of birds, there was an amazing display (murmuration?) over Doncaster on the way back. If they can bring such order, unity and beauty to the world, maybe, just maybe, we can find hope that eleven footballers could do likewise).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:46:15 »

I'd be well happy if we replaced footballers with starlings.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 20:55:23 »

I'd be well happy if we replaced footballers with starlings.

No one wins anything with 11 on the wing..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 21:01:37 »

Great post Christy.

It's shame the starlings weren't around Glanford Park, to take your mind off of it.   I remember being at Adams Park, for one of our now regular early Cup departures......we were terrible.  However Adams Park is great for surrounding avian activity, so I watched birds rather than the football.

A perch high in the Arkells, can often afford views of starlings at this time of year.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 21:06:45 »

Bollocks. The birds you watched were those strippers!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 21:23:19 »

Bollocks. The birds you watched were those strippers!

Big busty indian ones at that.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 12:04:41 »

Chapaeus off to Wobbly Bob, seems to go everywhere to watch our clowns!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 12:27:15 »

Chapaeus off to Wobbly Bob, seems to go everywhere to watch our clowns!

Having a high pain threshold helps!
This Friday will be the first away game missed since start of 14-15 season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 16:33:49 »

What a picture

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/14832625.Williams_apologises_to_travelling_Town_fans/
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 16:39:30 »

Last of the summer whine?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 16:39:58 »

Smiley
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 23:27:38 »

We made it on the BBC's football tweets of the weekend because of an apparently poor dab.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/ec0d8a97-1626-4441-91af-0cec2d0de552

I hate to compliment the lad (well I don't) but to me it just looks like he's celebrating cos he's a bit pleased he scored a goal. I didn't realise these things had to be choreographed now  Suicide

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 06:58:53 »

what the hell is dab
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 07:02:48 »

some sort of digital radio I think

I come from a land down-under
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 12:22:00 »

That headline is total BS the adver annoys me as Williams did not apologise to the fans he agreed with Andrew @ BBCRS that the fans deserved an apology but he didn't give one though.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: