Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon match day thread  (Read 38621 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10:56:53 »

Coming up against organised well drilled sides who can score goals is always bad for us. Comfortable win for Scunny today

You have to hand it to clubs like Scunny, in that they show you can be successful up to point, and I think for clubs like ours we're talking getting up to the Championship. If they can maintain their start, then it will be their 3rd elevation, since we were last there.

This achieved by good housekeeping and good old fashioned management, relying on getting goalscorers.  They have Paddy Madden to bring on from the bench....we have Luke Norris.

It's a proper shame, that they can get a Harry Toffolo, and we get a BOO.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 11:04:54 »

Pre match breakfast in The Blue Bell Inn.

Can't quite get the chav cap at the right angle so not really blending in with locals.

Probably clutching at straws but we tend to do a bit better when not expected to, so going for a hard fought 1-0 loss.
No damage done and move on.

Third instance of retail park football this season.  Angry

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 11:07:20 »

Port Vale chairman said on Twitter a couple of weeks that Scunthorpe have the biggest budget in L1 (£5m).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 11:10:59 »

Pre match breakfast in The Blue Bell Inn.

Can't quite get the chav cap at the right angle so not really blending in with locals.

Probably clutching at straws but we tend to do a bit better when not expected to, so going for a hard fought 1-0 loss.
No damage done and move on.

Third instance of retail park football this season.  Angry

Glanford Park is a particularly fine example, you could be on the edge of any town in the country, absolutely nothing to distinguish it.

At least Power has shown no desire to relocate us to a similar Kassam style flat pack shithole.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 11:12:04 »

You have to hand it to clubs like Scunny, in that they show you can be successful up to point, and I think for clubs like ours we're talking getting up to the Championship. If they can maintain their start, then it will be their 3rd elevation, since we were last there.

This achieved by good housekeeping and good old fashioned management, relying on getting goalscorers.  They have Paddy Madden to bring on from the bench....we have Luke Norris.

It's a proper shame, that they can get a Harry Toffolo, and we get a BOO.

They are overspending to achieve though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 11:17:22 »

They are overspending to achieve though.

Are they?  I've always had them down as being a fairly prudent club.  Of course things can change, and I know they're looking at a new ground again.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 11:52:56 »

we will thrash them 0-1
adje

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 12:00:54 »

Might Doughty return then?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 12:10:23 »

Think this could be Williams last match as Manager/Head Coach/Power's Puppet, today
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 12:16:39 »

Might Doughty return then?
possibly according to most recent reports,  has to be on the bench if available
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 12:17:57 »

Are they?  I've always had them down as being a fairly prudent club.  Of course things can change, and I know they're looking at a new ground again.

Biggest budget in L1 this season with 21st highest average attendance.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 12:19:23 »

Quote from: Quagmire
Think this could be Williams last match as Manager/Head Coach/Power's Puppet, today

away to the top of the league. I don't see why losing today should influence things, it's expected.

I guess it depends if Power has already given up on him,
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 12:20:20 »

My guess is next week is more likely if at all. Today should be a free pass. Eastleigh however is a different matter. The tv money might buy Williams a bit more time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 12:24:33 »

Biggest budget in L1 this season with 21st highest average attendance.

Do we have any evidence for them having the biggest budget?  I'd be amazed if for example they spend more on wages than say Sheff U or Bolton, or even Oxford.
woolster

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 12:37:27 »

My guess is next week is more likely if at all. Today should be a free pass. Eastleigh however is a different matter. The tv money might buy Williams a bit more time.
all depends on the nature of the *defeat* today

*might not happen*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: