Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Watford  (Read 3307 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:50:59 »

Been caught passing forged bank documents to enable the Pozzo's takeover of the club to be ratified by the FL. This is a serious breach of the regulations and, if proved, the law.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/24/watford-face-fine-and-points-loss-over-forged-hsbc-bank-letter/
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:57:21 »

Can't be that serious is all they get is a 5point deduction. Demote the fuckers to League 2
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:58:12 »

Maybe Jed wrote it for them in green wax crayon and matchstick men like the one he tried to pass off to the trust
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:59:54 »

Can't be that serious is all they get is a 5point deduction. Demote the fuckers to League 2
This, we were demoted for far less serious financial misconduct. #never-let-it-go

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 11:08:30 »

Interesting that in the article they don't mention Swindon but :

There is no known precedent in professional English football for the offence, although Chesterfield were docked nine points in 2001 for financial irregularities, including falsifying gate receipts and giving a player two contracts.

So there is a precedent for financial irregularities which is what this would fall under. I also remember Chelsea and Spurs being found guilty of financial irregularities not long after we were made an example of and both got away with financial penalties only (Spurs were also initially banned from the FA cup but were allowed back in after threatening to take their case to court if I remember correctly).

Both penalties for Swindon and Chesterfield (not to mention Peterborough I think it was who were demoted for financial irregularities back in the 60s) were far more severe than any of the big clubs will ever get. Ok, the penalties were imposed by the Football League not the FA (who, it must be said reduced our initial penalty to demotion of just the 1 division.....). It will be interesting to see what the penalty will be for Watford.

I'm not sure that our financial misconduct was less serious than Watford's mind. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 11:10:48 »

I think it was a guy from Chesterfield's supporters trust that once highlighted the resin for the difference between their punishment and ours.

"better lawyers"
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 11:54:38 »

They have now claimed it was a 3rd party that created this without their knowledge and he has no involvement in the football club - sounds rather like getting someone to conveniently take the fall for them
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 12:56:49 »

Spurs were originally deducted 12 points alongside a fine in the region of £1.2m I think, before threatening litigation, quite aggressively as I remember, and then getting those points back.  Chelsea were tickled on the belly.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 13:57:23 »

Wouldn't wish what happened to us on anybody.

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 14:03:20 »

Wouldn't wish what happened to us on anybody.

Same. Except for Franchise, I'd love it to happen to Franchise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: