Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172036 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 20:01:44 »

Well not really a full review of both episodes but more of an explanation of how these bonus episodes might pan out and fit in to the "gap" of S10 & S11. Here's my take below, if anyone can stomach it Smiley

S10C: E17(Bonus E1): Home Sweet Home & E18(Bonus E2): Find Me

I think we have to remember that these episodes are in an anthology style so are not necessarily to flow fully with the storyline. They are purely bonus episodes, much like we might get in a limited edition DVD/download. In essence they are going to be very individualistic character development style and mostly fill us in on the voids of or catch a character up with current events.

I made the mistake above when watching the Maggie one because I rewatched the S10 Finale first and it then kind of felt like there was (somewhat ironically) an episode skipped/missing.

How it appeared to me that Maggie was there and suddenly Judith who never met her properly before or had any significant relationship with her, then had this instantaneous bond with her! Remember Maggie lived at Hilltop not Alexandria so never really spent time with Judith as she grew up. She then left anyway before the timehop. I was feeling critical too that Maggie almost comes back and is barking orders to a few people she has no real idea about and who they might be. It seemed a slight social faux pas. If I had been Kelly I'd have lamped her or at least been like "who the fuck she think she is".

I did enjoy the dynamic between Kelly and Elijah (mask fella) and that could develop well in S11. The other fella feels a bit "Boromir-lite". In so much that like in LOTR when Boromir dies, whilst we somewhat care and he has been "protector", we know the story is going to move on quickly. I have no idea but I won't be shocked if he gets killed off very soon into S11 proper. I can't even think of his name?! Coe? Coel? Anyway, can't see him being of a huge need to the show. The only thing that could save him is that this "right hand man" could play the arc of Dante (remember him, the snitch for the Whisperers who was a medic, it was a really good reveal when the penny dropped for Siddiq and the viewers). I think, will have to check but Dante was meant to be involved with Maggie. Since he's gone, it's possible Cole (I just checked, it's Cole) could merge into that arc. Don't ask why though and I still think he'll be bumped off pretty early. We don't really want the cast to expand too much going into a final season. We need fully fleshed out character that we know to then drive through an extra long season.

I know it was designed to lay the plot between Maggie & Negan but I was more interested in the "Reaper" that said 'Pope marked you' before subsequently enacting a suicide bombing; it reminded me a little of Merle Dixon in the craziness of the character. Interesting to see how "Pope" develops and if anything links S10 and S11, it will be the initially story around the "Reapers" but we have the "Stormtroopers to negotiate too Wink

On to "Find Me" which airs in the UK tonight shortly, I am a fan of Norman Reedus as Daryl when he gets chance to have some extended air time. I liked him in "The Cell" (S7E3) and "The Obliged" (S9:E4) previously, he becomes a much more fleshed out character and not this mumbling/grunting biker (which he is endeared to that too), which is what the show needs. Really though we only see the dynamic between Daryl & Carol and how he came to get "Dog" via "Leah".

It also confirmed that Daryl is not asexual as we see him finally get his dick wet or at least it infers he did. It never really mattered to myself but there are quite a few who have wanted to find this out (not likely from members of the TEF). Other than that it didn't tell alot in terms of knitting in with the show directly. It was purely what Daryl did whilst away, which is good but I just wanted a closer knit but then I'm forgetting my own advice in keeping these separate. What does bodes well is that (I know they are doing a Daryl & Carol spin-off series) if they shoot a Daryl-centric movie, Reedus is more than capable of carrying Daryl as a lead/standalone character. Which is apt considering Daryl indeed enjoys being mostly alone.

I did like how they framed the story with Daryl and Carol finding the shack that Daryl had spent time at (a bit of a secret kept from the fans as we all thought he was in his tarped lean to the whole time with "Dog") with Leah that then envelopes it and ends back on Daryl and Carol in the present. The framed story also mirrors somewhat issues and difficulties with trust, friendships and relationships in this present day post-apocalyptic world. It's definitely one you'll enjoy if you prefer more about character development than just the action elements.

I have a feeling we'll see Leah again (maybe in the spin-off) but what does this also mean for Connie? Does this mean we now see Daryl as a slightly different character to before? Maybe he is not such the quiet man than we thought. Again, that kind of arc doesn't interest me so much in terms of who he is getting into bed with but it will of course for some fans of the show. Anyway, the spin-off for them is not meant to be until about 2023 and we have a whole bumper of a S11 to negotiate, as well as these four other S10 bonus episodes. We can't speculate on the direction of Daryl (and Carol, Connie, Leah) at a later date.

As I stated at the beginning try to view them separately and don't make the mistake I did with the initial episode of trying to knit it too firmly to the S10 Finale. Yep, Lydia I think narrated the opening scene, with a kind of S10 Finale reminder and catch up as if she were relaying them to Maggie somewhat. That was the only main linkage the the S10 Finale. I would say it's more about gearing us up for S11 and any subsequent spin-offs, as well as the standalone movies too. Now would be a good time, for an actor on TWD to put in some decent individual performances as I'm sure they'd get a better/renewed/extended contract.

So verdict on the first two? If I put my pure TWD head on and try to join the episodes up then I would say S17 (Bonus E1) is quite underwhelming  but if I treat it as mostly individual then it lays good groundwork for the future S11 as well as leaving us with a good teaser to a new and yet seemingly strange/more sophisticated threat? Are these "Reapers" a precursor to the CRM or Commonwealth? I don't know but it was those parts that got me thinking, as well as the obvious Negan/Maggie arc.

S18 (Bonus E2), I enjoyed more but possibly because I treated it more in an individual sense. We figured out more about Daryl and his friendship with Carol. But there were no real reveals, perhaps there wasn't meant to be and the episode was really nicely shot. We also have to remember that these have been filmed under covid restrictions and smaller cast and crew than normal. It's great that we have this additional content at all but I'm glad they are bridging the gap and providing it to some of us more loyal lot.

All in all, I'd say S17 was an average TWD episode with a few minor irritations. I think I'll have to rewatch it and treat it differently. S18 was good but I think you could have watched that having never really watched TWD. It was very much standalone and thinking about it, this was probably a way of getting some new people interested. Other than it being a piece of Daryl's timeline, I think potentially we have to treat it a little how Logan is to Wolverine. You can watch Logan having never watched/read anything about Wolverine, I would be more than happy if TWD followed this with certain key TWD characters Smiley

Right, that's me done. Hope those that haven't enjoy elements of the episode in about an hour.

Cheers,
Bamboo
Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 04:09:30 »

I'll do a review/overview of Bonus E3&4 (or S10:E19&E20) later today as I watched the latest on Thursday just gone. For some reason, I'm now able to watch four days before the UK air date on Mondays! All good for me!

Anyway, I'm just wondering since I'm on a roll, I'm thinking of actually doing video reviews and reactions (don't worry, not overly hammy ones where they run behind the sofa) for the whole back catalogue of TWD. That's right, all the way back to 2011 when Rick Grimes said "little girl, little girl...".

It's true form for me, that after ten seasons of watching, I finally decide to do what I've sat and watched pretty much several TWD fans do, and subsequently have some semi-decent traction out of it! For me personally, it's more of a cathartic thing also likely linked to me not wanting to let go of TWD Series, as it comes to an end.

So yeah, where was I?! Wondering...oh yeah, that's it...so I'm wondering if any of you filthy animals would be interested in listening/watching my reviews and reacts over on YouTube (or similar), instead of having to read my long ass pieces on here? That way, we can relive all the seasons and episodes (there's quite a few). I'm thinking of putting these out once per week and also doing a giveaway because shock-horror, I have quite a lot of TWD merch; from tees to Funko Pops and comics to collectables. I'd rather they go to people who might appreciate them and I have duplicates so better sharing the TWD love than not!

But this obviously will take up a chunk of my time so I may set up a Patreon or something and basically if you subscribe to it, you'll get tiered benefits. But I'll likely just put the giveaway level at $1/£1 as I'm not looking to break anyone's bank. The first giveaway will probably be done for free to all who commented/liked/thumbs up and shared it and then be just the $1 sub after that.

Let me know what you think. I'm fielding this out across a few other places too as there's not a raging TWD fan base on the TEF but I think it'll be something worth viewing between now and the start of the TWD movies. With around 140 episodes, there's a good 3yrs worth of continuous content to go through - I might be all caught up by around the time the first movie has premiered.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 00:01:52 »

I forgot for a moment that i'd watched Ep19, but that was the Gabriel and Aaron one, wasn't it?

Just watched Ep20, it was interesting, different but enjoyable. Doesn't really answer many questions, apart from does it mean Zeke is dead. (it says spoilers on the title so tough shit if someone reads this) I may be wrong but that's how I understood it.

Princess is a wild one, eh?

These recent episodes has been a bit Meh to be honest, i get its all story telling but its just opens more questions when so many are already left unanswered.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 09:34:39 »

I forgot for a moment that i'd watched Ep19, but that was the Gabriel and Aaron one, wasn't it?

Just watched Ep20, it was interesting, different but enjoyable. Doesn't really answer many questions, apart from does it mean Zeke is dead. (it says spoilers on the title so tough shit if someone reads this) I may be wrong but that's how I understood it.

Princess is a wild one, eh?

These recent episodes has been a bit Meh to be honest, i get its all story telling but its just opens more questions when so many are already left unanswered.

Zeke is not dead, he was stood at the end with a hood on his bonce.  Apart from the start where they got into the scrap and the end where she handed over all of the info and saw them in the hoods, everything else in between was what was going on in her head (apart from the interrogation).  The idea being that the all of the time she was in confinement she disappears into her own world.

Just another fill in episode to give you more back story on Princess - that is what it seems all of these bonus episodes are, which is fair enough i suppose - better than nothing i guess.

The first episode ever where nobody dies, and the only walker you saw were not realy walkers in their typical sense.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 19:01:51 »

These Bonus Episodes seem to be coming through thick and fast and I'm about to watch TWD S10: E21(Bonus E5): Diverged which I think recenters back on Daryl & Carol, with a few things thrown in (they really are pushing the focus towards new viewers with the Daryl & Carol spin off, considering this will be two standalone episodes in this batch of six). First off though, it's time to revisit TWD S10: E19(Bonus E3): One More & E20(Bonus E4): Splinter as I review the two most recent episodes.

In "One More" I thought this was the first one of the bonus lot to standalone quite well and  it had the right balance. This really could have been a pilot to some TWD Universe side story - which in some ways it was. I think the episode was helped by having the excellent Robert Patrick (you will know him for certain), the once Liquid Metal Man or T-1000 if you like showed he can still play a convincing, if somewhat confused villain and also as his incredibly confused as well as imprisoned brother.

I'm going to touch on the T:2 reference for one moment because one of TWDs executives, Gale Anne Hurd obviously was a big part in bringing The Terminator series to the big screen. It's no coincidence then that both Gregory (Xander Berkeley) & May (Robert Patrick) ended up on TWD. It's a shame the two didn't get to work together again as Berkeley played the fated Todd Voight, subsequently killed by Patrick as T-1000 in "that" milk drinking scene.

Anyway back onto the episode. Gabe and Aaron are on a supply run, under Maggie's orders  (this still grates with me a bit, there's no way she'd command that much respect, appearing out of the woods, after being pretty much AWOL for all this time.) as there are some locations that still have some goods left. After pretty much zero joy and the usual killing of Walkers, the two are thinking about home and their respective daughters. Aaron is really keen to head back but Gabe wants to scout just "one more" location. They get caught up in a sloppy mud pit and the map they have gets destroyed. Deeming their mission for Maggie pretty much over, unless they wander aimlessly.

They decide to kind of call it a day when they stumble upon a warehouse (which to me, looked similar to Daniel Salazar's warehouse in Fear TWD. Interesting but I'm not sure the two correlate, at least not geographically. Salazar's Warehouse was in Texas. Not sure where these pair are but they are somewhere they haven't been before and let's also consider that Aaron was a tracker/scouter for Alexandria so he's covered some square mileage around his stomping ground. They aint in Texas though!).

At this point it seems pretty slow and nothing is really happening. We think that we're just going to get Gabe and Aaron talk about things and we'll learn more about them. This kind of happens as whilst scouting the warehouse, it's empty but there are supplies. Aaron then comes face to face with a wild boar. Jackpot. Well at least for Gabe and Aaron. They also find whiskey and wind up hunkering down, playing cards, getting pissed, eating wild boar and we also find out how Gabe knows so much about whiskey. Again, fairly standard and slow, not much revealing.

Although during their game of poker, Gabe states that evil people are now the "rule, not the exception" which would be concerning coming from a man of the cloth (or so we've always been led to believe). Next morning, Gabe wakes and finds Aaron is not around. Which is where this episode then ramps up somewhat. Whilst looking for him enter stage left "Mays" played by Robert Patrick. It turns out Mays lives in the warehouse and that the wild boar Aaron and Gabe ate, was actually his domesticated apocalypse pet. Oh dear. Mays is a pretty cut up and deranged character and whilst sat at a table with Gabe, he reveals he has Aaron in the room where he found the boar. He then brings Aaron out, spiky arm missing and makes him sit across from Gabe. Time for another game?

Indeed, Mays pits the two against each other in a game of no compromise Russian Roulette. Either choose to shoot yourself or shoot your friend. If neither, he'll shoot the two of you. Essentially, one of them IS going to die. I still was trying to figure out what Mays was going to get out of this. He's seemingly been alone for quite some time and whilst they may have eaten his pet, there is potential to build a friendship. But this is TWD and sometimes the people aren't nice for any real reason. Maybe Father Gabe is right - maybe evil people are the rule now. Mays kind of gives them an excuse for his sadistic face off, stating that "this is who people are now". This comes after he actually stops Aaron from shooting his own face off. There was a click into the chamber and Mays allowed the both of them to take it all the way to within moments of their lives.

It was quite an intense and gripping moment. You couldn't be 100% certain if one of them would die. It would be strange and shocking in a bonus episode and the two characters aren't the main leads for TWD so for a while I thought "damn, one of them is for it". But Mays stops them after he's toyed with them. It seems like he's been convinced that Aaron and Gabe are actually decent people. We then find out the Mays lost all trust after his own brother stole most of his food and had to deal with him.

It is in this moment we first here of Mays introducing himself by name. Within seconds of him saying it to Aaron, we next see Aaron shocked and covered in blood. Another mini twist and for me personally I think Aaron must've likely thought he was kneeling down in front of Negan again. Gabe is stood there having bludgeoned Mays to death with Aaron's prosthetic arm! He simply says "We couldn't bring him back" or similar.

We then get another little twist as they do a final sweep of the warehouse before leaving. Hearing a noise from above, they discover that Mays was lying and they find his brother (also played by Patrick), chained up, surrounded by his dead family. In an act of retribution they unshackle him and consider bringing him back. But in a quick turnaround and possible state of shock, he wounds up shooting himself and dies next to his family corpses. This is quite a poignant moment for TWD because even when there is a chance of hope, people in this world are still incredibly hopeless. Even saving them can't save them. It's probably the biggest ongoing psychological element to TWD that we see on different occasions. How characters struggle mentally and they often do explore this well.

With Gabe and Aaron now leaving the Warehouse, they both actually agree to scout out the last place, the Water Tower, their "one more", we then see the Water Tower come in to shot and the episode is pretty much rounded up.

I think, despite the one off appearance, Mays (Patrick) really stole the show and it must've been great for both Ross Marquand and Seth Gilliam to work with such an iconic actor. You could tell the quality of delivery by Robert Patrick and we could easily have just had an episode carried solely by Mays. Maybe they could have had him linked to the CRM in some way? We never really knew enough about him, which is a shame...his story was similar to so many in that he wound up in that "safe haven" but I feel they missed a trick by not having him linked to the bigger picture of the CRM. It would also have made a good link across into the following episode too.

Again, of course these are just bonus episodes and I find I'm repeating this to myself. They are literally Bonus DVD content but I'm still thankful in some ways. Just expected a little more development. Having said that, this episode was a better one but it did need a bit more flesh around the Mays character. The main cast have come face to face with lone wolves (nice reference) before and never spent much time considering them. I think if you're going to feature them for a whole episode then we need to have something that underpins them being discovered, otherwise it just becomes a longer dead end.

I liked Mays, great character and that is purely testament to T-1000 himself - Robert Patrick.

========================================================

Ok so onto TWD S10: E20(Bonus E4): Splinter which was confined to filming on a very small set and based pretty much all in a train freight car. This is the only episode so far to have a genuine follow on from the end of S10:E16 proper. Whereby we catch up with the Fab Four - Eugene, Ezekiel, Princess & Yumiko (who appears to not really feature in it all) and their tribulation of being ambushed by what we think or know to be the CRM or quite possibly a faction of. Nothing was really explained, they could be some very clever charlatans but as Chubbs and several others across the TWD Family/Viewership have mentioned...they make for some very convincing Stormtroopers Smiley

I also enjoyed this one and whilst there was not much going on in the "Whack-A-Zombie" stakes, there was a lot going on in the "this is trippy af, what's happening" stakes. It gave us some great development for Princess and not really a lot for anyone else. Possibly for Ezekiel but then if the majority of this was a mirage/apparition/delusion/hallucination then this episode was ALL about Princess (and the CRM or whoever they are).

I'll touch on the CRM theory quickly because these guys could easily be "something else". If you've seen TWDWB (World Beyond), FTWD and even in parts in TWD, then you'll notice one glaring and very contrasting difference.  The CRM wear mostly all black uniforms and feature fairly heavily in FTWDs later seasons. Incidentally it now appears that the CRM (and Jadis) were responsible for saving/taking Rick. Essentially, the CRM or the "helicopter people". In FTWD, Althea falls for a CRM Operative too and has very close interceptions with the/a CRM helicopter. They also come across as very shady and very secretive.

So yep, black uniforms but these guys in S10E16&E20 are all predominantly wearing all white. Which means they could in fact be the group known as The Commonwealth. Now, in the comics (if you have read them) the CRM do not exist; The Commonwealth certainly do...so could this be the beginning of a division of all our TWD heroes? With Rick seemingly now collected by the CRM, Michonne heading that way and Daryl seemingly determined to find Rick we have three key characters going towards one path. Whilst on the flip, without fully knowing, we have Eugene, Ezekiel, Princess & Yumiko now looking like they are going to be utilised by The Commonwealth. Who else could join either? Maggie, Aarron, Gabe, Carol, Jerry, Negan...what about Asskicker?! Where does all this fit in and what does it mean for the rest of the cast. I'm happy to "forget" about a large chunk of them but there has to be some way bringing them to a conclusion of sorts. What about the rest of the original Famous Five (Yumiko we know about but Connie, Kellie, Luke & Magna) and then the likes of Lydia and so on? They all have decent strands linked to the last few seasons so at the minimum they will need tying up. I guess we'll kind of see this during S11s extended season (one would hope).

But yep that was my little CRM/Commonwealth side bit as if that's the way the story heads then we may see our original group of survivors essentially being pitted against each other? Possibly. As a final aside the CRM seems to be much larger than The Commonwealth. CRM consists of 3 main locations and two other areas (one being West Virginia). The Commonwealth are based purely in Charleston, West Virginia. Where Eugene thought he was finally going to meet his Radio HAM beau - Stephanie. Maybe he still will but if The Commonwealth is separate to the CRM, this could be the start of a much bigger story. If The Commonwealth is a faction of (one of the five) the CRM  then it'll be interesting how it all pulls together.

Ok, so on with the episode, which doesn't really have a lot to tell except it focused on Princess' dissolution with trust, here constant hallucinations throughout. It was good, it kept you guessing what was real or not but other than that there wasn't a great deal else. It just revealed a bit more to us about the "Stormtroopers" and the fact that whether for the right reasons or not, they really can't be trusted. Basically if one of them will allow themselves to be battered to the point of death or even sacrifice themselves, just to maintain the status quo then that is what they are prepared to do - at any cost. So if nothing else, we now know what type of group we're dealing with and they are pretty well armed!

There isn't really much for me to add onto the episode. Princess gave a largely great individual performance and we learnt more possibly about her earlier life (and the things that trigger it). We're now left with all four with bags/hoods over their heads and I assume the next time we see them, will be via some form of further interrogation (because they already had been for some period during the episode) possibly?

As I said, this one just flows in between what we should see more of going into S11 so it was nice for continuity's sake. Another thing I will add is that this episode mirrored similarities very much of the S4 Finale: E16: A where Rick and the gang are captured and locked in a train car, at the hands by the Cannibals of Terminus.

That's about it for those two episodes, I think they were both somewhat better than the opening Bonus One and only for the fact Daryl was quite good I'd say they were both better than Bonus Two as well. I'm going to give a very short review of S10: E21(Bonus E5): Diverged because it really was the worse of the lot...I hope that they are saving the best till last with the self titled "Here's Negan".

Ok, I'm out. Let us know your thoughts (if not already). Is it just BBC (Bamboo, Berni & Chubbs) commenting here now? Well whatever, it's always good to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,
Bamboo Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 16:31:17 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 17:02:17 »

Just completed the review of both E19&E20 above.

Here is the very brief and necessary review of S10:E21(Bonus E5): Diverged.

Basically Daryl & Carol part ways in a continuation of what has probably been one of many mini adventures since they've been looking for Rick or just being good friends. This led on from Bonus E2 and they do as the title suggests and "diverge".

But it turns out it's not really a parting of any significant. Maybe a parting of minds but that's about it. Daryl continues his hunt for Rick (we think) but then the fuel pipe on his bike breaks and he goes in hunt of a spare. Searches a few cars, nearly gets trapped which I thought was a bit stupid considering he could either just deal with the Walker straightaway or at least prob the unstable part of the car up. He's a clever guy and that was pretty out of character.

Anyway, this episode ends up with that being his only real mission - to fix his bike. I'm sure he's had to do similar stuff tons of times. The difference this time he hasn't got his trusty Swiss Army knife. He's that good a mate, he has given it to Carol. So he has to go on a hunt for some tools. Eventually he finds some more undead military fellas, and they not only have a few "Leatherman's" on them but also some rations too.

The episode mirrors with Carol as she struggles back at Alexandria to essentially do nothing. So we get mad/mentally unstable Carol again...I say again because we've seen her do this before and it was nothing new. In a standalone episode, I wanted a bit more (from both Carol and Daryl) instead of Jerry just looking at her as if she was some kind of bit part character. I don't know, maybe it was highlighting the feeling of "imposter syndrome" for Carol and that was the point?!

Carol decides to make soup for everyone and a rat buggars up her plans, in the meantime she forages wild foods and gets back into her niche in destroying a mini horde of Walkers. I liked how it was shot and Carol basically having a chat with them "Where'd you think you're going?" before slicing them all down. Back "home" she continues with her veggie soup. Dog is continuing to go ballistic and we then get a Ratatouille/Mousehunt mashup in the Alexandrian Soup Kitchen. This all ends with ratty escaping into the cavity and Carol losing her shit in the middle of the night - tearing the whole wall to bits. We've all been there, figuratively in the least.

Next day, Jerry spots the "mess" and does what Jerry does best...massive hugs all round. In an ironic twist (or not) the rat skulks out to freedom and then Daryl returns home (what?!). I assume Jerry, Carol & Daryl all ate soup after Daryl's nap and had a threesome because what's a shit episode without a happy ending?  Roll Eyes

I think that is the first time I've ever given a TWD episode the status of "shit". Usually there is something to claw from it but the whole "diverged" part didn't really cut it. Not being overly harsh but realistic here but surely, if Daryl is trying to find Rick, and he's covering an expanding perimeter over the last 6yrs (possibly more since the timehop), then by now he shouldn't really be coming back to base. Remember, he's a tracker so the fact he came back to Alexandria after "parting" with Carol was a bit of a poorly written part. Didn't do either character justice so this episode can go in the bin for me.

Only Jerry's realisation that Carol was going through the mill was any saving grace. Daryl didn't even share his Forces Issue Meat Pack with Carol for her soup but he did tell her to keep the Swiss Army knife - so I guess all is good in the world. Fuck me.  3/10

I'm now about to watch what I hope upon hope, will be the best of the lot. The final installment of the Bonus episodes S10:E22(Bonus E6): Here's Negan, which needs no introduction or explanation - hopefully. I'll hope back on in a couple of days to review that one, as I know it might be a while before any of you get to see it. If any of you have the heart to watch it at all Smiley I really do hope it's good. A standalone exploration of Negan should be good and maybe it's a chance for the Negan character to get their own spin off/feature length movie. I'm all for this being a cracker, I hope I'm not disappointed in the same way Jerry was when he tasted Carol's soup  Cheesy

Let me know what you thought about "Diverged". Were you equally on the same kind of shit level or was there a bit more you could reason with on it? As usual, always love to read your comments and see your thoughts on any episode.

Cheers,
BambooNoSoup
 Grin

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 23:02:17 »

Not really posted and have been massively underwhelmed with these recent episodes and Carols last week was the final straw. It was terrible.

That said, this week "Here's Negan" made up for last week's shit show a little bit. I'll let bamboo give the  full lowdown but it was good to see what happened in Negan's life early on in the apocalypses and what drove him to be the monster he was (is). Towards the end we get a hind that "Nice Negan" isn't going to be around much longer.

Was that the last one or is there more?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 14:01:44 »

Last one..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 21:48:58 »

It was the last one of the Bonus Episodes but TWD S11 Premiere starts on August 22nd. Not really that long and a shorter gap than then usual "between seasons gap".

The news also comes that Berni and I speculated earlier regarding airing schedule. It's now confirmed that the 24 episode season will be split into three sets of 8 episodes. Essentially the final season will run exactly like a season-and-a-half.

Here's the scheduling to date:

S11A (1-8)
Aug 22nd
Aug 29th
Sep   5th
Sep 12th
Sep 19th
Sep 26th
Oct   3rd
Oct  10th

S11B (9-16)
There's no confirmed dates but going by the usual mid-season break, it's usually around two months. This would put S11B at mid-December to mid-February. It's possible they might wait though and launch at the usual Season "B" date of mid Feb (poss Feb 13th/20th 2022). Which would then bring us to the normal April time for the SB MSF (poss April 10th/17th 2022). So a late Winter/early Spring SB.

If the latter is done that will mean a slightly longer wait than normal between SA mid-season finale and SB mid-season premiere of 4 months.

S11C (17-22)
With the above in mind it could mean another 4 month break before SC starts at around mid-August (poss Aug 14th 2022). Ending  Crying around mid-October (possibly 9th/16th Oct 2022). A late Summer/early Autumn SC.

============================

That's about that at the moment in terms of schedules for TWD & S11. If you're watching any of the other stuff from the TWDU, I think the delayed continuation of FTWD S6B is due to air on April 10th. The season got curtailed at E7 due to good old Covid but has 16 episodes in total to complete. I'm not certain but I have a feeling they are running these remaining 9 episodes straight through from now until June (which I then think will open up for the last season (S2) of the "kids" version of TWD - aka TWD: World Beyond and lead upto the TWD S11 Premiere. Seems about right to me).

S6 of FTWD is fairly good. It mostly follows Morgan and his renewed sense of brutal wrath against main antagonist and nostril flared Virginia; after she left Morgan pretty much dead. It's somewhat a return to the Morgan of old in that he will now kill to seek revenge on someone pushing his reserved buttons one too far.

There's several time hops, so I'm wondering if there will eventually be any tie-ins/crossovers once we get to TWD S11 & FTWD S7 (because I think FTWD S7 will weave between the S11A,B&C gaps). Be interesting to follow.

Anyway, I'll pop a review on of TWD S10 E22 (Bonus 6): Here's Negan shortly.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 18:10:27 »

Disney+  Angry   Crash

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 18:54:49 »

Shrug

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 19:20:22 »

?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 19:28:43 »

As in S11 is only available in the UK on Star via Disney+ which I don't have.
Could stretch to £80 for a subscription at a push I guess.
Any alternatives?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 19:38:04 »

oh I see.

legal? probably not other than waiting for DVD release..

otherwise, in guessing some IPTV VOD will carry it
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 19:51:40 »

As in S11 is only available in the UK on Star via Disney+ which I don't have.
Could stretch to £80 for a subscription at a push I guess.
Any alternatives?

You’re really not missing out. It’s been shit since they left the prison. I watched the last episode and just hoped they all died apart from Negan. Fml I hate Maggie.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: