Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172079 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 22:08:02 »

Appreciated, I have managed to locate the episode I was missing.

You're welcome. Glad you found it. You can get cracking now. I might end up writing this S10 Finale review when I get home!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 18:24:59 »

Just read last night that TWD:S10C (it is what it is) or TWD:S10:E17:One More, will Premiere on AMC Sunday 28th Feb 2021. For UK viewers that looks like it will be the usual Monday 1st March 2021 but if you happen to have access to AMC Premiere you can view 24hrs before. It's not so useful for UK viewers as it still means our friends over the water have the chance to view the episode on Saturday 27th Feb 2021. Although if you have access to a decent stream then you can also watch around the same time it airs on AMC Premiere (USA). This will be the first of six anthology extending episodes of S10; taking us to 22 episodes for the season in total. I'm intrigued what the finale (of sorts) will be like come E22.

Being a total TWD nerd, I will do my usual in watching it at the earliest opportunity; which means staying up from around 3am waiting for it to go live.

If any of you are interested there has been a teaser "read-through" released on AMC's official YouTube of the upcoming Feb episode. You'll need a VPN though as YT gets all stroppy about content from other countries, (yet strangely won't age restrict the song WAP) and it not being your locale. Whatever YT and fuck your Vevo dominated music vids.

Anyway, here's the link

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 18:48:42 »

So does that mean just 6 episodes from February and then Season 11 starting in it's usual October slot?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Saturday, November 21, 2020, 20:01:41 »

So does that mean just 6 episodes from February and then Season 11 starting in it's usual October slot?

I think so Berni. It will kind of level out a "lost" year. The 6 additionals will take us up to mid April. Which is usually around the time of the season finale (usually TWD Season Bs start mid Feb).

Yet S11 will be 24 episodes long and will feel more like a S11 & S12. From what I've read people say it will start in 2021 and end in 2022 splitting it into 3 sets of 8 (A - Oct '21-Dec' 21, B - Feb '22-April '22, C - Oct '22-Dec '22). I wouldn't mind them being scheduled for 2 sets of 12 instead. Something like A Oct '21-Jan '22 and B Feb '22-May'22. I guess the former does fit in with the cast and crews usual filming schedule, just will seem it odd being like a season and a half.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 00:04:33 »

I agree, 2 sets of 12 would be better, as it is it always feels like it is ending just as it gets going.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Sunday, November 22, 2020, 23:47:28 »

The World Beyond doesn't seem to be getting a great reception. A resounding 4/10 on IMDB, 41% on RT
Watched 2 eps and its didn't draw me in at all.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 00:36:46 »

The World Beyond doesn't seem to be getting a great reception. A resounding 4/10 on IMDB, 41% on RT
Watched 2 eps and its didn't draw me in at all.

Hey Chubbs, hope you're good man. I was going to include it in my elusive TWD S10 Finale review but to me (going off only the S1 Premiere) it feels a little like Smallville x Stranger Things x Dawson's Creek/The OC, which individually wouldn't usually be a bad thing.

Clearly AMC are aiming to tap into a younger market with this spin-off come sequel companion series, so it's possible we might view it a little differently. The good thing (whichever way it is viewed) is that TWD:WB is definitely only running for two seasons. I think this is to bring everything to a head in time for the last part (half or third) of S11 and of course then the movies.

I think I can probably manage two seasons worth but I'll likely binge it. Currently playing catch up on a season and half of FTWD, which does seem to get a little better the more it goes on. I think adding Morgan and Dwight to it (for true TWDers) ignited a bit more interest (think that was their thinking) and helped. I kind of know where it's at atm but just watching for watching sake really.

Back to TWD:WB, I'm purely going to watch that just for my own TWD nerd out to look for any clues/pointers/easter eggs that might indicate a potential Rick return. I know that sounds a bit daft via a different show but that is exactly what has been teased. We shall see but a lot of confirmations going around regarding Michonne too.

I'm quite excited about the bolt on/anthology episodes of TWD S10(C). Wondering if they will just focus on further character development/backstories and/or weave it into the current storyline. My theory is they will do this to prep us for the upcoming movies, which most of us know will be standalone features of individual character stories (a la Marvel style).

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 01:13:16 »

Also apologies all. I earlier said that S10:E17 was called One More. This is in fact the name of E19. This was due to me thinking the virtual table read clip above, was for E17. It also revealed that these extra episodes will have the fantastic Robert Patrick, who will always be Liquid Metal Man to me (or T-1000). It's no surprise that he finally gets a role on TWD, linking up once again with Gale Anne Hurd; who as any Sci-Fi and cult nerd will know produced so many great late 80s and early 90s films.

Another release is that Jeffrey Dean-Morgan's wife Hilarie Burton will be featuring as Negan's wife...yep, we finally get to meet the human version of Lucille!

Anyway, here are the correct running titles for S10 E17-E22:

17 Home Sweet Home (Which I'm led to believe is a Daryl/Carol centric episode)
18 Find Me (No idea, will dig. Possibly Maggie or Michonne?!)
19 One More (Going by the YouTube clip it certainly focuses on Eugene, Aaron and Gabriel, along with Robert Patrick)
20 Splinter (Again, no idea but that title could relate to either Lucille (bat) or Morgan's Bō. But this could also mean a splinter cell, maybe relate to the CRM or Commonwealth)
21 Diverged (Not a clue)
22 Here's Negan (Think that is self explanatory)

Whatever direction they go, I think we'll discover much more about the wider world of TWD as it ramps up for S11. One thing is for sure, I'm hoping no Starbucks cups make it into the final edit, although unlike GoT it would be easier to say it was intentional. Just hope the final extended S11 does the whole thing justice. I would rather the series end with me wanting to watch more, rather than thinking "oh well, that's the end of that".

Anyway, I'll keep updating with snippets or info between now and Feb end for you guys to mull over, if desired.

Laters,
Bamboo Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 13:17:25 »

So we're back and i couldn't be happier. Season 10 really brought the excitement back to the show and have been looking forward to these 6 next episodes.

Pretty decent episode, mainly centered around Maggie her new group of people.

As we all know, one group of enemies gets eliminated, a new group is not too far behind. We soon discover a that Maggie and her people have been tracked by a group they call "The Reapers" we get a little sniff of who they are in this episode. Basically a group of mercenaries led by someone called "Pope". I'm sure we'll get to know more about them as we go. 

There is also the reunion of Maggie and Negan which will no doubt unfold throughout the next 6 episodes. Personally as a "new man" i think we'll see Negan go off on his own as to avoid conflict, assuming Maggie doesn't get to him first.

Looking forward to seeing how this all unfolds, especially the Storm Troopers from ep16 which were not included as part of ep17 story line so there are still plenty of things to uncover. .

Im sure bamboo will give you a better run down.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 15:15:17 »

I was a little underwhelmed, but am assuming that it will ramp back up in the next few weeks.  I am hoping to see the storyline start to crank up towards the (sort of) end goal that we know we are working towards.  Now that Maggie has had her return episode, hoepfully the storyline will start to move.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 15:37:12 »

how many seasons are left? might dip back in for the ending

hope the Rick films get made, when he left that's where my viewing stopped...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 19:45:07 »

Yes, season 11 will be the final season but as not the end of the franchise by a long shot. Fear the Walking dead will continue as will the recently started “world beyond”. I’ve not watched either of these but I also remember hearing of at least 1 more spin off plus the Rick films.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 20:56:38 »

Daryl has his own feature planned as well I think, and maybe Michonne - i think there were 3 mentioned

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 09:19:46 »

Watched episode 18 last night. Bernie, if you were underwhelmed by last week, don't get your hopes up for this one. It was good in the sense that it filled us in on Daryl's story over that large gap of how every may years it was but very little action.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 19:04:41 »

Zzz

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: