Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172006 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Sunday, March 8, 2020, 19:29:16 »

You know what, i went to a comicon probably 15+ years ago and loved it. Was my first and last but yeah, depending on date/location/price etc i'd be up for it. If you have your eye on one, let me know and i'll have a gander.

San Diego would be the dream 😉 Especially a full TWD panel for me, personally!

Haha, yeah I'll see what's what. Was considering Dublin but that's come too soon. Pretty well priced and Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) is there and they're also doing a Robocop screening with the Robocop dude giving a talk beforehand. A little gutted!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Monday, March 9, 2020, 01:58:41 »

TWD definitely building in the right way this time. That was pretty awesome. Without giving anything away it almost felt like the end!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 10:00:16 »

Great episode last night, lot's of questions not helped or answered by TTD not being recorded due to the Corona Zombie Virus..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 11:59:36 »

Oh man, so much going on right now i totally forgot about this week.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 12:25:39 »

Great episode last night, lot's of questions not helped or answered by TTD not being recorded due to the Corona Zombie Virus..

I thought they could've done a recording sans live audience but maybe scheduling put paid to that. I did read that production for FTWD S5 has been halted and writing for TWD S11 has been granted extension, with writers meetings being done over FT/Skype etc.

Back to the episode. Yep watched it on Friday night. Brilliant stuff and only building on the second half of the season. Thought Earl played his parts well. As did Negan, Alpha, Beta & Gamma. Even Carol's part at the end was a justified smile.

Plus I would say they have got the timeline in terms of not dragging a story out correct this time. They fucked up by dragging out the Saviours story (well the All Out War parts) and turning it into an endless "Last Action Hero" montage.

Looks like we're set for a Michonne & Virgil episode as we discover what she's been up to. Intriguing. Then I'm sure we have to get some development from the Eugene & "Stephanie" arc. Really wonder how they'll follow that (in line with the comics). I still think Eugene will end up fucking Rosita. She's showing interest in him now she knows someone is on the scene, the fucking hussy! Smiley

Finally, yep Magna? I liked how they did it but how did she get out? She didn't really say. I think Connie is still alive too. Oh and what now for Beta? Now he's essentially been liberated!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 21:52:24 »

Really enjoyed that episode. I was not expecting the ending. Well, up to the point where whats her face opened the door, then i expected it.

This season has been top notch i think. I read somewhere that Maggie is due to come back this season, no sure if/when that will happen.

Looking forward to how the Eugene story line plans out with his secret rendezvous. I can't help but think its a innocent as its being made out. Could it be a trap?

I'm really not interested in Manga and Yumiko, both characters irritate the shit out of me.

I warmed to Judith in this episode, not sure how long that will last mind.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 23:25:45 »

Well that was a strange episode. So many questions.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 00:19:07 »

Haven't watched yet. Was meant to last night. I assume it is Michonne focussed (without you giving anything away) tonight?

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 11:46:56 »

Haven't watched yet. Was meant to last night. I assume it is Michonne focussed (without you giving anything away) tonight?
Yeah, As you predicted its pretty much Michonne focused. I think i need to watch it again but this time with 100% focus on it. It was so strange, its style was very non-TWD.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 10:42:37 »

It was the Michonne exit episode and basically teed up her own feature length episode similar to Rick's - I fully expect those two episode to coincide together at some point, or be combined.

I expect Rick and Michonne to show up at some point in the standard Walking Dead, probably for a few episodes once they announce the end of the show.  I guess there is a question as to whether next season will be the last?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 11:51:50 »

It was the Michonne exit episode and basically teed up her own feature length episode similar to Rick's - I fully expect those two episode to coincide together at some point, or be combined.

I expect Rick and Michonne to show up at some point in the standard Walking Dead, probably for a few episodes once they announce the end of the show.  I guess there is a question as to whether next season will be the last?
I read somewhere there is plans for a 12 season but not sure if its been commissioned yet.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 08:04:00 »

Decent build up episode getting ready for the SF, which has been delayed. I believe the will show the penultimate episode next weekend and then there will be a wait for the Finale due to post production issues which were slowed down because of COVID-19.
Looks like it will open up a lot of questions around the new group and finally we see some city life again which is nice.

Lots to talk about but little time, i will leave that to you Bamboo.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 17:52:35 »

Yep caught up and then watched both 13 & 14 at the same time on Saturday night just gone. Think the penultimate episode should be available or up shortly - possibly tonight.

So firstly E13: What We Become.

Where what has been said is a Michonne stand alone. Still a great episode and credit to Danai Gurira for a pretty good performance, revisiting old haunts and a familiar face. I really enjoyed how they showed the perspective of how things may have turned out, had she turned her back on Andrea. It also gives us a greater perspective of how we see 'our' Survivors against the backdrop of numerous 'enemies'. We have for so long, backed our people; Rick, Carol et al. Whilst they portray one side of the coin to us, it's easier to view other groups point of view in this world - even those with slightly different angles and approach.

This also led me to think about how they filmed this episode. I wonder if they did get actors back for it, use previously unseen alternative footage or maybe they did that thing like they do with dead actors and can magically make them appear. Think it's called time sequencing, it may just be CGI but I thought it had a different name. Anyway, they take all known imaging/film and map it then "regenerate" a character and can even make them follow a script. I think I'll stick with unseen alternative footage that they then stitched together but it could easily be a combination. Would be fantastic foresight by the writers if they had filmed a "double life" for Michonne. Anyway I'll leave that to my little mind to ponder upon for hours upon end. 

Back to the episode, which of course was mostly centred around Michonne tripping (anyone not up to speed will think "wtf have they done with TWD") and yes it felt very un-TWD and more like somewhere between LOST and The Beach. Yet it did all make sense in the end and paved the way for a Michonne movie, likewise with a Rick movie (which we all know they are working on. I have great hopes that they can become fantastic addons but stand out in their own right.). We now have a scenario of questions that might be answered; will she find Rick...if he was on that boat, why when he left in a helicopter...is it a plant from someone more sinister trying to lure Michonne to them...but what would their motive really be to do so...in the grand scheme of things our survivors are just a group of people who happened to survive but they are not important figures in terms of the USA or the World.

Definitely things to ponder there. So Virgil, living on an ex-naval island. I wonder if that was a slight nod in some ways to Thunderbirds or maybe Dante's inferno? Since what he puts Michonne through is likely as close a visualisation to hell one might imagine...unless tripping while already in an incredibly fragile state of mind is your bag then fill your boots. But maybe in a way he also showed Michonne that she chose the "right" path and by showing her the "what could've been" maybe it's some form of redemption. Which may mean she will find Rick at some point.

The Island consequently, I found out, is called Bloodsworth Island...hmmm desperate times and all that but if a random guy popped up and I was asked to follow them  back, I don't think 'Bloodsworth' would have me dancing all the way there like Dick Van Dyke.

There's not much more to draw from the episode because it stuck very closely to that main plot and there were no other scenes; apart from Judith talking to Michonne towards the end. Like her or loathe her, poor girl was born with no Mother, her Father has disappeared presumed dead, she befriended a sociopath who tried to murder them all, is pretty much raising her brother single-handedly and now her adoptive Mother is off on an adventure to find her presumed dead Father. All at the age of about 10. Girl is mentally strong - lil' ass kicker is probably about right.

Oh one last thing, of course we get a hint of where Michonne is headed as she meets those two strangers who need saving. We get another throwback to her introduction as she once again dons two armless and mouthless walkers. Maybe the two people she meets are her replacements per se. She disposes of here new/old walkers and now has two living people. I don't know how that ties in but it looks like Michonne and friends are approaching some kind of army or infantry that are marching in formation to...somewhere.

Onto E14: Look At The Flowers.

This episode focuses back in the world we know and centers on the aftermath of Alpha's demise. At the hands of Negan and we open with Carol and himself. Carol pretty much double-backs Negan by not holding up her end of the bargain. Basically we get the reveal (which was kind of revealed at the end of E12) that Negan went incognito to do Carol's dirty work. Except Negan being Negan, he actually enjoyed himself while there a little too much. Potentially (but without going into too much side story) he forgot why he was really there because he was part of the Whisperers attack on Hilltop; so a bit of a flaw there but this is Negan and I'm gonna let that slide.

All in all he got the job done and then Carol (and Daryl) are both harsh about the length of time it took him to carry out Alpha's murder. Yet I'm with Negan here, yes he could easily kill her at any time but like he said "I wanted to come out of this with my head still intact!". Possible he didn't need to kidnap Lydia in this but if he was going to lure Alpha to exactly where he wanted her then this was guaranteed to get her there.

So Carol walks of telling Negan he's a "free man", which seemingly for the first time, leaves Negan pretty lost. He definitely needs a group - whether he is leader or not. As much as he likes to think he can go it alone. What is this?! Talking in sympathy for Negan?! Never thought I'd see the day!

Meanwhile at the safe haven where all the Kingdom/Hilltop lot are at we see Magna return with Yumiko (I can't warm to those too and it pisses me off because I think Luke (Fantastic Beasts guy) is a much better character, as well as Connie & Kelly compliment each other well but it seems like those three have been discarded somewhat), to Jerry's delight and then Eugene finally grows some balls to announce he's made contact with someone from outside their world.

It's a call out to bring together a team of people to join him on his comms mission, which culminates in three people who really have nothing else left in the world (romantically I'd say) and are all searching for something. Yumiko, is seeking some form of redemption, Ezekiel has lost Carol and has cancer but maybe he has thoughts that they may find somewhere with treatment? And of course Eugene who is leading his search/meeting with a wider community. All three have hope in some form and what comes next they probably don't expect.

We cut to Beta discovering Alpha's head on the stake as he struggles to come to terms that his leader is now gone. There's a theme in this that I didn't really consider while watching but it is of course leadership & guidance. Negan, Beta, Ezekiel etc. They all seem to be searching for that too. To be led.

There's a brief moment where Negan heads back to the hideout where he held Lydia but she is gone and Daryl appears about to kill him. Negan explains he has "Silenced the Alpha" and shows him her skin mask but Daryl isn't convinced - yet. But it does seem to be the start of some love/hate bromance. Similar to that he had with his brother Merle and also how his friendship with Rick started out. Albeit in different times. Negan says he can prove it Alpha is dead and he'll show Daryl her head. He also makes the assumption/mocks Daryl about his relationship with Carol. Classic Negan being a cunt.

Meanwhile Carol, having her alone time is haunted and mocked by Alpha's apparition and classic lines from past episodes are used by Alpha and has Carol spooked.

Back to Beta (no pun) and he now has Alpha's head in a bag. Seemingly unable to accept his "Alpha" is no more. Not sure where he heads to but it must be a place he either used to perform or jam because there are memories of his own past as he smashes up a guitar and rips a promo poster down. Doesn't look like we're going to get the country singer back any time soon. While there and a little calmer her takes Alpha out of the bag and has some kind of conversation with her. He blasts out what must be some of his old tunes and we get some kind of late night walker rave. I think that's homage to Night of the Living Dead as the scene was reminiscent of the cult horror classic. He later kind of thanks her, stabs her head and then sickeningly we discover he's stitched some of her face onto his previously torn skin mask. Disgustingly gruesome but awesome all the same. That stuff just feels normal now!

The trio of Eugene, Zeke & Yumi are somewhere on there adventure, though it's not certain where they are at first (I later remembered that in the comics it should be Pittsburgh but in the show, in the radio conversations Stefanie mentions Charleston, West Virginia so assume that's where they are headed or near to) they come across a bizarre set of walkers  in a cage on the road? Some kind of old checkpoint maybe...I'm not sure but from there on in their journeys gets more weird but also intriguing. Even more so as they encounter more and more walkers chained and et up in everyday scenarios. It is a nice comedic touch that Ezekiel finds very amusing, and it's a moment of light relief in a world where everything has gone to shit. They're even in brightly coloured outfits for god's sake. On another note, it is nice to see them approaching a city and see that dynamic. I love the woods and countryside but there's only so many times you can have shots of skulking through the trees and foraging for water. So was refreshing to have desolate cityscapes and yes, the trio had reached Charleston.

Negan and Daryl still untrusting each other head to "Spike Hill" to find that Alpha's head has gone (we know Beta took it). Typical as this makes Negan look like he's telling porkies so Daryl understandably points his weapon at him. Ironically at that point a couple of Whisperers appear and point their weapons at Daryl. Negan is taking it all in his stride as the Whisperers confirm what Negan has been trying to say. In another moment of comedy, they kneel before Negan and anoint him as the new "Alpha". Incredible. Negan hysterical, Daryl in disbelief as they then tie him up. They seem to think Daryl is going to come to his fate but the continued smirk from Negan had me and I think Daryl too, believing he was toying with them. Why? Well for the audience that was easy to figure out. There's fuck all of a life with the Whisperers and Negan likes the finer things in life (yes even in this world), why would he sacrifice the doorstep of total retribution just to lose it all? As for Daryl I think he realises that Negan was telling the truth after all, even if the circumstances he's in are not ideal. It's the look from Daryl that says to the viewer "You're not gonna kill me after proving me wrong are you?" even if the actual line he delivers is "If I were you, I'd kill me" or to that effect. It's with that, he shoots the Whisperer to his side and then stabs the other one (I think). We then see the start of Daryl & Negan's 'friendship' as Daryl proclaims "Untie me then asshole". They then wait out to see if Carol turns up, for some reason but there is a mutual respect laid out between them.

Just before Eugene's gang get to the city we find that Ezekiel's horse has gone lame as well as been bitten. He puts the horse out of its misery but it mirrors his own thoughts. He's convinced otherwise and that he must continue with them.

We quickly head back to Carol of the Woods and she winds up in some shack, and still being haunted by Alpha. The roof of the shack caves in trapping Carol and Alpha's ghost taunts her, telling Carol to accept death so she can't hurt anyone anymore (kind of Carol's own struggle. She believes everyone she comes into contact with dies or gets into trouble). This is another mirror story but Carol isn't ready to die and chooses life, just as a walker is about to have a go at her ankle. She then heads back to Alexandria. Which we later see, with Daryl letting her back in through the gates.

There was a tiny bit with Beta, seemingly taking his new found status (I think he feels he is the Alpha now he has a part of her on his face) as leader and Whisperers (and mini horde) with him to his next plan of attack/vengeance.

It pretty much finishes up with Eugene and fellow intrepid explorers reaching the bizarre city of Charleston. As mentioned and like further back in the road, walkers are posed in everyday positions. Two enjoying high tea with purple feather boas. in part it reminded me of Westworld (the  film) as at first, it felt to me like the chained up walkers were being controlled mechanically. Maybe they are? Just as they are getting used to these strange set ups, a new character pounces onto the scene, quite literally with the overly enthusiastic "OMG Hii!!". She is of course, adorned in very bright purple/cerise clothes.

So that was that, a double review (thank god that's over I hear you mutter, yeah me too). I know who the purple character is already, thanks to the comics but it annoyed me a little bit that official TWD & TTD socials revealed the name of the character almost immediately after airing. As if every viewer would know her name and character. That grates me a touch so I'm not going to say it until after the UK airing of E15 The Tower.

It looks like from the pre episode trailer that this new character will join up with Eugene & crew but for one, it definitely isn't the woman (Stephanie) that he's been talking to so that search continues and will be interesting how that arcs. Hopefully we see that get pretty close on E15. As for Beta again from all the trailers and promos he of course takes his mini horde to Alexandria, as he's seen a top the windmill (with a familiar face hiding behind) there. Which poses a big question, if Alexandria was safe where the fuck has everyone (inc Judith and kids, as well as Negan etc) headed to? I guess we'll find out once we've seen that episode.

As mentioned by Chubbs, this will be the last one until later in the year. Of course the circumstances have made it difficult but this make work in their favour. A bit like the GoT hiatus, this early pause may generate some suspense but I also fear that the S10:E16 (S10:SF) Finale will end up getting leaked earlier which would spoil it. But who knows, I'm not sure how much production has released of it so far but I'm sure there will have been pre post-production screenings of it to the industry and journos, critics etc. Let us hope they can keep it under wraps for until they have the airing date.

I'll be watching E15 in a bit tonight so will stick a review on around Tues or Weds after people have had chance to watch. In the meantime, there's plenty of nonsense to get stuck into above and after watching E15 I'm going to rewatch and catch up on FTWD, purely just to stitch in any crossovers and Easter eggs (perfect timing) that may led to a bit more info regarding Rick/Michonne and their future fate.

If you got here without skipping...I salute you. Cheers,

Bamboo Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 20:41:45 »

Have e15 been on this week? Struggling to find a stream on my usual site.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 22:21:47 »

Have e15 been on this week? Struggling to find a stream on my usual site.

Chubbs, yeah I got it on the usual place. Watched it Sunday evening but had planned to watch it Sat eve. Because of the AMC Premiere channel in the states it airs Fridays at 8/9pm over there (if you pay the premium) so it means the stream can be posted here early hours of Saturday morning. Definitely by 4/5/6 am. But yeah it was up on mine in 720p (which is fine on the laptop and even mirrored to the tv is ok at that res too, plus it loads up a bit quicker than 4K. Don't really need it though 720p or HD is fine enough).

Just going to binge some FTWD. TWD World also launches later this year too - not sure about it yet but it has a two season contract. Pretty sensible as I think it is being ran as a bridging series to the movies. So they've got us by the balls somewhat here, have AMC. Clever. I think if we're interested in the Rick Trilogy (of course we are. We want to know what happened to conclude his story and if it  goes a different path to the comic book arc), then we've got to watch this newer series too.

How that works though I'm not sure, because it was due to launch after the S10F of TWD. But now that will begin later in the year. Will be interesting how they schedule it. Too much/too many TWDs all airing at a similar time would just be confusing, especially if this one is key.

So we have TWD, FTWD, TWDW...Some time in the near future and Covid-19 social restrictions have been lifted for a month..."Sorry can't come out of isolation, I'm watching Fear The Walking Dead World Movie Trilogy Part I...."

Smiley

Partially palatable review for TWD S10:E15: The Tower will be in your eyeballs very late tomorrow evening. Bit of a minefield but I'm sure you Princesses can handle it  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: