Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 171465 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 21:52:21 »

Quick synopsis:

Hello Whisperers.

Jesus doesn't save.

Negan.

Fantastic Five earn their keep.

There's something about Michonne.

Daryl thinks he's losing his tracker touch.

It was good. Eugene's cameo was brilliant. It was stressful and tense viewing in the two main elements of the episode. Not as explosive as some of you might have hoped but those Whisperers are fucking creepy and ruthless.

Felt like there is one more episode to come but a very effective cliffhanger.

"your messing around in places where you don't belong" was probably the creepiest line I've heard. Awesome.

I'll revisit the MSF: S9E8: Evolution properly tomorrow.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 22:41:45 »

Jesus! Noooooo!!!! Did not expect that.
Slow start but as expected the cliff hanger was huge.

The writers have dropped a ball by not using Jesus to his full potential. Can’t dwell on that now.

Always knew the old Negan was in there somewhere.

Really enjoyed this first half of season 9.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 01:14:27 »

Jesus! Noooooo!!!! Did not expect that.
Slow start but as expected the cliff hanger was huge.

The writers have dropped a ball by not using Jesus to his full potential. Can’t dwell on that now.

Always knew the old Negan was in there somewhere.

Really enjoyed this first half of season 9.

True and there was some good story to work with. I guess it's a case of too many characters and it was nice to have a surprise key character death in there. Tbh though, his character was annoying last season when Jesus became...Jesus. That whole "Don't you kill the Saviours (during a war with them) but kill them" did grind. Especially as it was a nondescript character. That's not Tom Payne's fault, he's a good actor. Just poor character writing and Scott Gimple obsession with All Out War lasting longer than most conflicts.

I didn't think it was necessarily a huge cliffhanger but an effective one and introduced the Whisperers in a very shocking way. If people watching, knew nothing about this group - that sudden 'Walker into Whisperer moment' was fantastic.

Negan, I still think we'll see a different Negan...even if the S9:E9:MSP Trailer seems to suggest otherwise Smiley

What did you think to the Whisperers entrance Chubbs? We've not really met them yet but looks set up for a cracking S9B Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:04:41 »

True and there was some good story to work with. I guess it's a case of too many characters and it was nice to have a surprise key character death in there. Tbh though, his character was annoying last season when Jesus became...Jesus. That whole "Don't you kill the Saviours (during a war with them) but kill them" did grind. Especially as it was a nondescript character. That's not Tom Payne's fault, he's a good actor. Just poor character writing and Scott Gimple obsession with All Out War lasting longer than most conflicts.

I didn't think it was necessarily a huge cliffhanger but an effective one and introduced the Whisperers in a very shocking way. If people watching, knew nothing about this group - that sudden 'Walker into Whisperer moment' was fantastic.

Negan, I still think we'll see a different Negan...even if the S9:E9:MSP Trailer seems to suggest otherwise Smiley

What did you think to the Whisperers entrance Chubbs? We've not really met them yet but looks set up for a cracking S9B Smiley

I think because we know about the whisperers, the suspense was not as great as for those who did not.
I've not read the comics, but have several mates who have so I've just picked up on a few bits.

RE: Negan, I'm assuming the room he entered was Judith's? I didn't catch what that drawing on the wall was.
It's possible he is a changed man and will help in the fight against the whisperer's

No one knows...

Still really gutted about Jesus. Aaron doesn't have much luck in love, does he.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:56:49 »

I for one am not upset that Jesus has gone, the character annoyed the crap out of me.

Was a decent episode but think they could have done a little more with it, still makes me look forward to the second half though.

As for Negan, I reckon he is going to behave himself.  I think he is looking for Lucille, once located I reckon he will head back to his cell to prove he has changed, with Lucille tucked away safe just in case.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 12:43:20 »

I for one am not upset that Jesus has gone, the character annoyed the crap out of me.

Was a decent episode but think they could have done a little more with it, still makes me look forward to the second half though.

As for Negan, I reckon he is going to behave himself.  I think he is looking for Lucille, once located I reckon he will head back to his cell to prove he has changed, with Lucille tucked away safe just in case.
The way he was talking to Gabe made me think he's still got that ability to manipulate people and it worked. I think he's still an evil bastard.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 13:05:38 »

Since I'm not watching it, the summary is

New characters do stuff
Jesus dies
Maggie is Awol
Negan is free (who freed him)
Whisperers whisper.

Is that right. Was wondering whether to catch up.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 14:06:20 »

Since I'm not watching it, the summary is

New characters do stuff
Jesus dies
Maggie is Awol
Negan is free (who freed him)
Whisperers whisper.

Is that right. Was wondering whether to catch up.

New characters do stuff- Nor really until the very end of the episode.

Jesus dies- yes

Maggie is Awol- we learned this last episode and this is still the case

Negan is free (who freed him)- I believe it was Gabe. Negan informed Gabe that Rosita was hurt (he overheard someone talking from his cell) so im guessing Gabe in his rush to find out more forgot to lock the cell.

Whisperers whisper- Funny that :-), but in a nutshell, yes.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 14:20:28 »

cool. may watch it on a rainy day. not today.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 14:59:19 »

cool. may watch it on a rainy day. not today.

Fucker. Was tempted to add a whole MSF review onto this quote. But I won't cos I'm not a cunt  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 15:13:00 »

MSF? oh, mid season finale

just post what you want, it's a spoiler thread, I can choose to read it or not.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 15:36:40 »

Yep mostly agree. What started out as a very intriguing character became very inconsistent and annoying. It seemed like with the Aaron partnership that things were getting on track, although it was annoying at his stubbornness to take responsibility at HillTop. I thought that the "pack" of Daryl/Aaron/Jesus seemed to work. Bringing together three people that enjoy their "me" time. Jesus - A HillTop Informant, Aaron - An Alexandria Scout, Daryl - A Redneck Tracker. That could've been a good dynamic.

Ultimately Tom Payne (aka Jesus), hadn't been happy with his character prominence (or lack of) and I think they've spent a lot of negotiation on keeping Lauren Cohan (Maggie), who will be back in S10. So I guess it's a matter of something's got to give. Jesus was a good ninja but as we saw...almost too confident in his own ability. I think Aaron is a better actor anyway, maybe he and Daryl will team up (seeing as the show has given Aaron the pathway that was part of Rick's story, in losing his arm) which would be quite good?

Yep, they could've done a bit more with it. If they cut much of the "Henry" parts out they likely could. They clearly have an arc for Henry though, so that's why we've seen more of him in these last two. I liked he wasn't a grass though and maybe he'll continue elements of Coral's story? Who know! I like how the intensity and danger heightened throughout the episode though, much like in the S6F when our group finally met Negan.

This of course brings me to Negan and I think, while still being a ruthless asshole (he admitted as much that he should've cared for Lucille (his wife, not bat) more), he has changed and Alexandria will need Negan more than ever. Maybe he'll go back to the Sanctuary and restore some order - we've not really seen them much since bridgegate? Except for Carol torching some of them to death for taking her engagement ring.

I'll finish on Michonne, then round up. There really is something about Michonne. What has she done? We can understand her grievances with Maggie but seemingly HillTop, Kingdom & part of Alexandria all kept from her that Maggie had left. But HillTop were so cold with her. I want to know about that fucking "X" scar on her kidney area (Daryl has it too). I'm purely speculating here now but it looks like it could either be a branding or an operation. If the former it could be that she had been banished for something she'd done? That would also mean Daryl would too? I don't know, I'm speculating and rambling. So I'll stop. For your lots sanity  Cheesy

Anyone think Aaron's "prosthetic arm" looks kind of like a medieval version of Kingpin? Makes me smile even though it is actually good.

This episode actually felt like it was a standalone, cult horror movie. Up there with Friday The 13th for cemeteries and smoke. The Walkers were even more "Day of the Dead" than normal too, with colour draining from them by the years. Really looking forward to S9B.

Cheers, and apologies Berni  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 17:49:58 »

MSF? oh, mid season finale

just post what you want, it's a spoiler thread, I can choose to read it or not.

soapy tit wank I meant "fucker" more in the sense of you being a cunt  Wink Seeing as it is a rainy day.

Yeah, I'll post what I want in this thread. There's only 4/5 contributors and we all (used to) watch the episodes anyway. I enjoy the speculation and just general discussion. I like a lot of film and TV but TWD was the first Undead/Cult Horror to do this genre seriously/at length and with substance, while being great (most of the time). Not since Romero's "birth" of the Undead has anyone came close and even that was scoffed at by many at first.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 10:00:07 »

I cant be the only one still watching this.

Im really enjoying this second half of season 9. The arrival of the whisperers has really put the tension back into the program.

With Coral gone a while ago, i didn't think the show could have a characterful as annoying as him, but they've pulled it out the bag with Henry. Once again, like Coral, always thinking with his Dick.

I wont go into detail, will leave that to Bamboo but it's no longer starting to feel like a chore watching TWD.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 12:33:40 »

I wont go into detail, will leave that to Bamboo but it's no longer starting to feel like a chore watching TWD.

Interesting, becaue while I've given up I tae the odd dip into another forums TWD thread on occasion to see if there was much to entice me back. The theme there seemed to be 'can we kill off the new peope and get new new people' ...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: