Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 171996 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 08:27:13 »

Other than the murder (turn)coat killings and and the helicopter I found it utterly utterrly boring.

Ah yes, how could i forget...the chopper. I'm still leaning towards that chopper belonging to Georgie and her people.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 08:45:27 »

is that the meals on wheels women that visited hilltop?

I think she, the helicopter and obviously Jadis will be linked (given Jadis knew about the chopper)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 08:48:46 »

is that the meals on wheels women that visited hilltop?

I think she, the helicopter and obviously Jadis will be linked (given Jadis knew about the chopper)
Yea, with the 2 strange "body guards". Im still maintaining the prediction that she is the leader of a massive almost city like community.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 09:26:56 »

you know what would be a twist. if tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber were reclaimed zombies/stopped from turning when dying with the side effect of stupidity.

but yeah, clearly some (relatively) tech rich society who look like they are trying to nudge some survivors to prosper - but without direct involvement
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 09:45:08 »

Not forgetting the fact that it revealed that Jadis had "luxury" living quarters, and a suitcase in her scenario says to me that Jadis had been "dropped in" to carry out some sort of mission and was due for extraction.

This for me is the only type of development that can prolong the series, they need to introduce some bigger, external story rather than regurgitating the same old new evil boss scenario.

And I agree, Georgie is part of this bigger story.  Her nice spanky vehicle and need for records says to me that she is part of a bigger organisation that is looking to reboot civilization by collecting important things from the past, i.e. records, books etc.

That's my take anyway..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, April 6, 2018, 23:03:05 »

Another decent episode. Really enjoyed the Jadis/Negan exchange. Negan is pissed and i think we may see the end of Simon very soon.

Glad to see Rick's ruthlessness back again, where he played the saviors and stabbed them right in the back. Brutal.

I know you meant Negan but had to change it  Wink

Yes I thought it was a good episode which answered a few more questions, left us open to a few more and a few scores were settled. The character pairings worked well. As you say, Jadis/Negan stuff was good. Rick/Morgan - Rick took advantage of knowing Morgan was in 'Robocop' mode again, so the Sheriff and Robocop went on a ruthless, lawless backstabbing rampage. Good moments that partially surprised me. Reminded me of 'Last man standing' when playing Goldeneye on N64 with my mates and one would always get the Golden Gun and double back you (I'm verging towards that 'Computer Game Theory' again aren't I?).

Recurrence with the helicopter throws up the questions RE: Jadis and the possible links to Georgie's gang. It could well be but it also could be linked to something else too. Jadis however could still be from this potentially more sophisticated bunch. As Berni said, she could well have been airdropped but my only gripe is...for continuity...surely someone like Aaron (Alexandria spotter) would've noticed this at some point or even anyone in the TWD world. There was a helicopter that crashed wayyyy back. Possibly S3 but that was deemed at the time to be Military. That could though have been from that group. Would knit things nicely in that sense but I think we're well past that now.

Things do seem to be linking better in this half of S8 and a sense of some kind of future, out of the smog of All Out War. Compared to part of S7B & S8A (last four and first four respectively), which just seemed like they were plundering a bit and the direction showed. I think a few individual performances carried it through. With the Morgan/FTWD X-over imminent, it will be interesting to see how that pans out. I first thought, maybe he'll somehow get a lift in the helicopter but I just can't see that, it'd be a bit of a cop out way to fade him out of the show for the meantime. Although it would be a more realistic way of him travelling the distance needed to get to FTWD World...hmmm ponderous.

Anyway that's all speculation and I could go on for days about it. I thought it was a good episode and this second half has piked up more than I expected. Going into the last two so i'm sure we'll have a few of those answers sewn up and we'll find out who Negan was inviting into the car! Hopefully there will be some surprises too and a few more answers to knit together. 7/10

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 08:06:10 »

A reasonable episode in many way, betrayal, bluff, rough justice and a trap set.

If all this had happened in a shorter Negan story line, and hadn't happened before then we there wouldn't be half as much criticism.

But as it is, the episode was enjoyable but the story arch is dragging. I swear I'm done with this show if they largely drag some sort of resolution across the seasons.

Isn't there just one more to go? They needed to finish this now, and hook us on the next storyline before the break IMO. That seems unlikely.

Oh, and Mr head writer, can we have badass Michonne and Carole back please, instead of the whiny touchy feely rubbish. And some actual stories for Daryl.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 15:09:33 »

A reasonable episode in many way, betrayal, bluff, rough justice and a trap set.

If all this had happened in a shorter Negan story line, and hadn't happened before then we there wouldn't be half as much criticism.

But as it is, the episode was enjoyable but the story arch is dragging. I swear I'm done with this show if they largely drag some sort of resolution across the seasons.

Isn't there just one more to go? They needed to finish this now, and hook us on the next storyline before the break IMO. That seems unlikely.

Oh, and Mr head writer, can we have badass Michonne and Carole back please, instead of the whiny touchy feely rubbish. And some actual stories for Daryl.

They will be doing. Think we will see an altogether different TWD World/Universe next season. Next monday's episode should be pretty poignant. I don't know how they're going to bring that together since Negan has repositioned himself to now doing exactly what he really was in the first place (brutal murder) but then he wasn't, then he was using "resources", then Simon got pissed at the plan so reverted to a plan of brutal murder which actually failed miserably, Negan eventually found out he'd been triple-crossed by Simon and octuplet-crossed by Dwight. So then he's decide he'll just murder everyone again. The comeuppance of Simon and Dwight has been coming, probably should've come sooner. Although, Stephen Ogg (Simon) played his role pretty well and he even delivered Saviours style brutally in some pretty savage ways. It's a shame he's gone but in terms of storyline, he had to go at some point. Wonder what will actually happen with Dwight? Made to suffer or will he get a 'Jail Free' card again? Will Sherry turn up again? Would be odd.

The Hilltop is pretty much an easy targeted and with false intel, they could be walking straight into Negan's trap. However, it looks like Oceanside are likely to have a say and seek retribution against the Saviours. My semi-surprise element and this is purely a guess (relating to Jadis' story arc), will be that the helicopter will make a reappearance or some link to Georgie's group. Hopefully that question will be finally answered, in part at least. There is definitely going to be a surprise event happen (in the eyes of the Saviours and Hilltop anyway).

I'm looking forward to the knitting of Morgan's story arc to FTWD and his crossover there. So some element of the S8F should be focusing on his new journey, particularly as FTWD:S4P follows straight after TWD:S8F. There's been a lot spoken about this coming episode being about closure. Not just of All Out War but closure of these eight seasons to date, and a newer beginning.

It's going to be interesting how it develops from that moment on. I agree with you Batch that All Out War should maybe not have been for a whole season. Half would possibly been a little short but twelve episodes could've spent enough time on it, created a few arcs and resolved it. For e.g I think the Scrapheap/Garbage/Junkyard could've just been isolated to a concentration of just Jadis and developed her story to where we are at now. However they spent too much time on their switching of sides and it became a pointless group as a collective (much like Oceanside too). These two groups have probably made the All Out War and Negan story arc drag out much more than they should.

I know they wanted to focus a good chunk of that section from the comics into the tv show, as some kind of honour but it didn't really work or transfer onto screen as well as they probably thought. Lots of pointless moments and many individual 'out of character' moments. It's also meant that several decent characters have been lost in the haze and muddiness of the bigger picture. I'm sure the writers realise that it was the wrong thing to concentrate on this with almost no true way of how to write it out. A good cutting point/end to the war would've been in the aftermath of Carl's death. Like the following episode. Which is what I thought they were doing (reflection and the start of grieving and what really kind of mattered), but then they threw in the added mini arc of Simon losing it (which I didn't mind) and that let to muddying the direction again.

We'll see but I hope we get a pretty decent to very good finale. I imagine it will be a longer episode as if they do follow Morgan's crossover and focus on the ending of this war then it'll need that to do it well. Otherwise it'll just seem like  they've rushed it and chucked it all into one episode.

On the flipside, I know we don't care too much for the studios and writers etc, but there have been ongoing disputes with AMC and Skybound (Robert Kirkman), Scott Gimple, and I think Gale Ann Hurd, as well as others about certain payments so maybe some of the writing has been affected by this (hands tied, refusing to release content). We saw that happen with the big writers strike during I think S4 or S5 of Lost and that very much affected that season(s). While there are obvious needs to remain professional and a fulfilment to contractual requirements. If those very contractual elements are 'up in the air' then very much if we strike with work, or we reduce our productivity to the bare minimum then the output becomes affected. It's quite possible that while still delivering the show, the writers in dispute have quite possibly spoken with their pens.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 15:17:49 »

I had the same thoughts with the helicopter people. clearly a more advanced/old school form of society does exist, and they will come into play. But it would feel a bit of a cop out if they ended the war.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 15:45:29 »

I had the same thoughts with the helicopter people. clearly a more advanced/old school form of society does exist, and they will come into play. But it would feel a bit of a cop out if they ended the war.

Yeah indeed it would. As that would confirm that they've been viewing it all from afar, then again high powers that be do have this sadistic way of wanting to play at being God. So.....yeah I'd be pretty miffed at that. Just trying to see an angle of how they'd end it, other than taking the protagonists and antagonists by surprise.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 16:43:40 »

https://tvweb.com/walking-dead-season-8-finale-details-series-conclusion/

Interesting...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, April 13, 2018, 19:06:18 »

Haha, when did that article get written? Seems to correlate with a fair amount of what I said. Hands up high, I had not seen that article until it appeared on here  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 11:36:33 »

Interesting read that.

To me it sounds like they will kill off a large portion of the current cast, keeping a few key players.
I can see Daryl being killed off amongst  another couple of surprises.

Looking forward to the finale now and seeing how season 9 starts.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 19:02:06 »

Season 8 Finale: Wrath:

Not going to put any spoilers on just yet but very interesting, and not how I thought it would go, so you can deduct my musings at least. A few questions answered and some new ones to ask.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, April 16, 2018, 20:56:19 »

What a load of absolute shit. I think I'm close to done with this.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: