Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 7932 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

+7/-6

Loves it so much I came back!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 13:59:56 »

Ooooh, that's what that was. Meant to google that, then forgot all about it. Cheers SY

Yeah, last season Dwight was seen making these little wooden soldiers when Darryl originally met Dwight in the woods with his Mrs.  I guess this is why he thinks that Darryl will put 2 and 2 together without him risking dropping himself in the shit if Negan found it..

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
bamboonoshoe

+3/-1

A Beard is for life not just for Decembeard

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 16:33:10 »

Yeah, last season Dwight was seen making these little wooden soldiers when Darryl originally met Dwight in the woods with his Mrs.  I guess this is why he thinks that Darryl will put 2 and 2 together without him risking dropping himself in the shit if Negan found it..

Yeah actually think they are handmade chess pieces. In the S7 E2: The Well, in the opening scene Dwight is seen playing a board game with one of the Saviours women. Not Sherry, but some other woman. She then downs a shot of something but when I saw the figure and "Didn't Know" I was like...ahh clever (some may think different, but I like those little touches). Not massively significant but reduces continuity errors (i'm aware every show/film/production has them though, intentionally or unintentionally).

It wasn't a perfect episode but I did enjoy it and as Sonic Youth says, it was good they could show a finale without going all out gore. I'd like to know if Junkyard actually were already an offshoot of The Saviours, and I'd still like to know why they still talk like some retarded being/ alien lifeform. Also why didn't Jadis just shoot Rick on that platform (I mean headshot)??

Ok so the general main characters have to remain so this can make a "faceoff" situation seem a little farfetched but like any series we already know that this is the constant. It's when a lead or supporting lead gets killed that makes you sit up. Like Glenn and Abe.

Wasn't too fussed by the Abe/Sascha bits but it was only to depict her drifting in and out of consciousness, so I'm neither annoyed or overjoyed. Unlike Tyreese when he drifted and died, which I really enjoyed as I didn't want Tyreese to go. You could say as siblings Ty and Sasch had similar exits with the flashbacks/conscious loss etc. Maybe that was intentional but whatever i'm drifting haha.

The thing that actually threw me was I was expecting something to happen with Negan in this meet up and nothing happened to him. I'm not going to say what but if it does mirror the comics then they will probably do it at S8 MSF.

However, S8 SP is the 100th episode, so I imagine Kirkman has saved much of the story or action for that (we know what TV is like and hyping up for numbers etc. Which imo is the biggest shame. Just write and produce, but it's a global brand now), I don't really like that element of any show but the price of success sometimes mean you have to tow the Production Company line, AMC in this case. Hopefully it doesn't get too lost in it's own success. I can see why some of you are concerned/pissed off/annoyed with how it goes at times but even GoT, Prison Break, BB, and such like are all guilty of having a bad Season. I don't think this was a particularly bad season overall. Just a slightly stagnant at times season, a bit like the pond where the boathouse was.

Apologies Berniman, because I've hacked an answered quote and turned it into my "weekly TWD" post. Anyway, so if you was annoyed or peeved at some of the episodes this season, what would you like to see in S8? How would you like it to pan out? Not what you think, but what you'd like? How would you like to see events unfold from the mini aftermath of S7 SF, in the 100th ep, S8 SP? There are still major players to enter stage left in the Seasons and it's a really interesting group, how this all pulls together, i'm not sure but i'm certain the show still has plenty to keep us interested for a while yet. It's almost like a relationship and it's the longest one i've held down so i'm going to keep on for a while longer Smiley Grin Grin

Keep the faith guys, being Town fans, nothing is ever going to be easy. I await the usual derailment of my musings, but as always, any of your comments or response are appreciated, even yours Barry Scott Wink Plus I enjoy reading everyone else's opinions on the matter as a) I have no life and  b) well i'm just an out and out TWD geek. Which probably explains my single status too  Cheesy Cheesy Suicide

COYR WA<<Insert Manager>>RAWA STFC

Please help us fund our first major challenge http://www.GoFundMe.com/ProjectICE
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

+7/-6

Loves it so much I came back!

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 16:53:41 »

No problem from my side, I enjoy your posts on this, you obviously study things a lot deeper than me.  I'm glad you corrected my error on the making the wooden soldiers, I was going on what I thought I remembered rather than what you say, which is way more likely to be correct than my memory.  The basis is still the same though..

My answer as to why no headsot?  Junkyard had obviously done a deal with the saviours, and Negan always said that he would never kill Rick as he needed Rick to keep everyone else in line.  If he killed Rick then he risked losing the rest of the group.  The way to effect Rick was to threaten or end one of his family.  This would say to me that Negan would have said "help me double cross them, I will reward you, but nobody kills Rick"

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
bamboonoshoe

+3/-1

A Beard is for life not just for Decembeard

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 17:04:47 »

No problem from my side, I enjoy your posts on this, you obviously study things a lot deeper than me.  I'm glad you corrected my error on the making the wooden soldiers, I was going on what I thought I remembered rather than what you say, which is way more likely to be correct than my memory.  The basis is still the same though..

My answer as to why no headsot?  Junkyard had obviously done a deal with the saviours, and Negan always said that he would never kill Rick as he needed Rick to keep everyone else in line.  If he killed Rick then he risked losing the rest of the group.  The way to effect Rick was to threaten or end one of his family.  This would say to me that Negan would have said "help me double cross them, I will reward you, but nobody kills Rick"

It was actually S7:E3 The Cell (Daryls Episode), so apologies but you're right the basis is the same.

Ahh that figures more. I was just thinking in the moment, as that seemed like their plan had gone tits up a bit but I guess if that was the deal struck then she stuck to her word.

Thanks though Smiley

COYR WA<<Insert Manager>>RAWA STFC

Please help us fund our first major challenge http://www.GoFundMe.com/ProjectICE
Chubbs

+6/-14

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, April 6, 2017, 10:45:12 »

I think i'm more pissed of with Coral getting a reprieve AGAIN!!  Just die already.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: