Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172007 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 08:35:10 »

i can only see the ending of the next episode being the coming together of all the groups with a war face, tooled up and ready to fight.

wouldn't be surprised if somebody double crosses Rick.

all speculation, not read comics/spoilers

Again agreed.

TWD is capable of throwing a random twist in, so maybe something unexpected will happen. It'd be kind of good/funny, if Sasha simply slips him the poison and he's gone before anything happens.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 09:30:54 »

Pretty generic TWD related question but do any of you guys watch The Talking Dead? I used to but haven't watched as many as I usually do. For some reason it's been really hard to find a TTD related link which is bizarre. I know the shows popular in America...as it's live. Almost as popular as TWD itself. Chris Hardwick is ace, in the sense that as well as being a fan/geek/nerd his humour is different to that of most american chat shows. I feel he presents well to the UK viewer.

Anyway, I'll post about S7 E15 later if any of you can bare to read it. FWIW...I thought it was a good episode.

Yeah I watch the talking Dead, it's on Fox an hour after the Monday night showing of the new episode.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 12:41:21 »

Yeah I watch the talking Dead, it's on Fox an hour after the Monday night showing of the new episode.

Oh sorry Berni, I understand its on FOX straight after but I'm cheap (usually watch it at bro in laws) and when I'm not watching it elsewhere I tend to find a stream of it just like TWD. It just seems harder to find TTD streams as opposed to TWD streams due to it's increased popularity.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 12:12:55 »

Well!! S7 Finale... Not to be missed.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Barry Scott

« Reply #154 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 12:29:08 »

That's some serious rose tinted specs there, imo.

I thought it was annoying, predictable and another exercise in milking the viewer. I won't be rushing for the next series.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 14:23:22 »

That's some serious rose tinted specs there, imo.

I thought it was annoying, predictable and another exercise in milking the viewer. I won't be rushing for the next series.

Not rose tinted at all. I don't think for a minute they milked the viewer (ok, very, very slightly). Actually thought they learnt their lessons from the last finale and did as many fans asked in not leaving us hanging. A finale will always throw up some kind of hanging element but they didn't go all out to leave us wondering. They are however allowed to give a compelling, humbling and reflecting episode without being bashed for it. Then again when you're at the top a lot of people want to find ways to bring you down. It's all about opinions I guess and I respect yours.

Cunt.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Barry Scott

« Reply #156 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 18:28:03 »

Not rose tinted at all. I don't think for a minute they milked the viewer (ok, very, very slightly). Actually thought they learnt their lessons from the last finale and did as many fans asked in not leaving us hanging. A finale will always throw up some kind of hanging element but they didn't go all out to leave us wondering. They are however allowed to give a compelling, humbling and reflecting episode without being bashed for it. Then again when you're at the top a lot of people want to find ways to bring you down. It's all about opinions I guess and I respect yours.

Cunt.

I absolutely respect yours.

I think what annoyed me is we had all that build up and then what felt like a bit of a cop out. I hate the way Negan, predictably I suppose, got out scot-free. And every time someone's near him they seem to let him live. I hoped it'd be a simple bite from Sasha. Then I hoped the tiger mauled him, in more than a Hull-fan's way. Then I hoped Dwight offed him...

I get that the writers/producers wanted to make us feel that, but they ALWAYS make us feel that. I suppose we're gluttons as we keep coming back and they know it. I think what I find most annoying, is this series has been like a few in the past where it's all build up and then nothing really happens.

And Negan could be so much more if he actually displayed something more substantial in his character than petty-rogue. I don't even understand how he rules over so many when he doesn't even come across as particularly unhinged or intimidating. And he has almost no protection. He walks everywhere without a care in the world.

He could be a properly evil villain. He started well, but now he's just a smug twat that's not scary, does nothing particularly bad, and is as annoying to watch as Hershall was. Countless people could, and should, just knock him off.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 21:20:14 »

That was utterly terrible. Was it me or was the audio all over the place. I found I had to keep adjusting the volume on my TV.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 21:20:42 »

I really enjoyed that. I wasn't expecting a resolution but that was an excellent piece of TV and demonstrated that it's possible to create tension with threat and not outright gore.

Next season should be interesting.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 06:21:38 »

Well, I didn't see any of that coming. What a massive surprise.

i can only see the ending of the next episode being the coming together of all the groups with a war face, tooled up and ready to fight.

wouldn't be surprised if somebody double crosses Rick.

all speculation, not read comics/spoilers

Oh wait. Yes I did. It was all fucking obvious.  But not only that they put tedious bits with Abraham and Sasha in it.

Good bit: Sasha the zombie. The double cross wasn't who I'd thought it would be. Eugine.

Everything else was obvious and turd. And the tiger, don't get me started on the tiger. How the fuck did they train it to only target the bad guys amongst all the others. FFS. Oh and 'badass' Michone suddenly forgot how to fight too.

Ran out of patience now, may just binge watch the next season. That way I don't have to suffer weeks of frustration to get rid of the utterly pathetic pantomime jeffrey dean morgan.
-----
yes some of the sound was a bit mumbley. Assumed it was my cloth ears.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 07:51:50 »

I'm with Batch. Really disappointing series and in the next series we can look forward to Rick fighting Negan with other groups taking sides or ducking out or double crossing each other so essentially more of the same. Would have been better to have it done and dusted this series and move on.
Its a bit like Dr Who - loved it and still in love with the concept and feel a bit dirty criticising but its been crap for a while and the signs are it ain;t going to change - hold on a bit STFC like as well.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 09:24:07 »

On the whole, I thought the episode was a bit shit.  Haven't watched this week's Talking Dead yet so haven't heard their explanations of what the thinking was behind some of the dafter bits.  Missed large chunks of most of the one-to-one dialogues because the sound level was so low during those parts. Had to keep turning the volume up to catch any of it!

One of the explanations I may have missed was why, if Dwight was just doing a simple double-cross and then left Alexandria on his own to meet up with Negan's lot, did he bother going to the trouble of cutting down those trees to block the road?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 09:42:40 »

i suspect he's still genuine on taking down negan, but is maintaining his cover.

which was probably your point..
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 10:13:08 »

He also left that message for Darryl written on the toy soldier - "didn't know"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 12:13:19 »

Ooooh, that's what that was. Meant to google that, then forgot all about it. Cheers SY
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: