Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172024 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 13:26:35 »

If Sasha and Rosita go through with their plan to secretly go after Negan, i dont think that will end very well for them.

I think it's pretty much been confirmed that at least Sasha will die, she has signed up for some sort of Star Trek series that is coming down the pipes..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 13:39:44 »

I think it's pretty much been confirmed that at least Sasha will die, she has signed up for some sort of Star Trek series that is coming down the pipes..
good, shes fucking annoying
Barry Scott

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 13:56:35 »

Annoying or not, I'd stick it in her.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 15:36:21 »

Annoying or not, I'd stick it in her.
Not, no no no.
Rosita on the other hand
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 14:18:19 »

Afternoon.

So did anyone watch E13 then?

I thought it was a better step up from E12 to be honest. I too didn't really enjoy the Rick and Michonne "love in" or "honeymoon"it was a little pointless Rick saying "lets just stay a couple more days.." there wasn't the best logic to it and considering it was a Greg Nicotero directed episode it disappointed me even more. I'm going to say it was the worse episode he's directed on TWD. There were still some great Cult Zombie references though, especially the "Creepshow Walker" in the ticket stall at the carnival. Did you spot it? Well, I don't know, maybe i'm just too much of a Zombie geek but I love those references.

Admittedly the Catana slo-mo throw was very cringey to me. I get the nostalgia effect but TWD (esp. Nicotero) should know by now that they don't need to do this to keep people interested. However there were some good zombie kills by the lovestruck couple, which satisfied even my partially pacifying, satanist mind (is that a thing?). Aaanyway...

Onto E13, So yes did anyone actually watch it? I was pretty surprised Richard was killed in this episode and I wasn't really expecting Morgan to regress to his days of "Clear". I thought  Lennie James played his scenes really well and it was a testament to his acting skills. He's come a long way since Snatch. The whole Melon thing was a little far fetched but I guess Richard had, had enough and wanted to start something. We all know the Saviours run a tight ship.

It was a shame Benjamin had to die but this was always going to be inevitable at some point. He won't be missed too much in all respect. The bit about the episode that got me the most was when Carol came to tell King Ez that "We need to fight" and he agreed but with the precursor  "but not today" and it cuts to her joining him in tending to his vegetable plot! Ok maybe they don't need to fight there and then, but i'm sure there are more important things like; Where the fuck is Jesus? Is Coral still an integral cast member? Did the show just write Dwight's ex-wife Sherry out the show or will we in fact see her again? Is the Junkyard going to end up being a pointless distraction, like the people at the Hospital in S5? Fucking cabbages or carnage, I know what I prefer in TWD (well I like a really good plot*) but each to their own!

I think the episode on the whole geared us up ready for the finale but we've two more episode before that, I'm really hoping this episode throws up a game changer/small plot twist/extremist Neganism/Rick red mist but I just have a feeling that like the last two, they'll be a bit "fillerish". I really hope i'm wrong and it's not an episode focusing entirely on Alexandrians long running survivor and once Carol comforter Tobin, and Aaron's lover Eric. I'm sure it won't be. Surely after the Junkyards Jadis, previous rejection of Ricks weapon offering (careful), Tara HAS to take a few survivors to Oceanside and explain their plight?

What were your thoughts on the episode? Did you enjoy similar elements or something else? Was it "totally wank" or "really enjoyable" or a bit "yehh-mehh".

Once again, await criticism and beration as standard.

Cheers,

Kev

*Definitely not a Cabbage plot
« Last Edit: Monday, March 20, 2017, 14:25:02 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Barry Scott

« Reply #125 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 18:42:24 »

It could've been better. Especially off the back of the previous slow episode. I've decided to wait until the series has finished and then download then all so I don't have to wade through Lost like filler.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 19:38:49 »

I've gone back to the start as I have no life to speak of. It's interesting how the characters have developed
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 20:31:52 »

I've gone back to the start as I have no life to speak of. It's interesting how the characters have developed

For sure, I've also no life and regularly rewatch the pilot season and season 3 & 4. The pilot episode was such a gripping introduction.

btw tonight's episode 14, was a bit more back on track and tense at times. I enjoyed it. This was more the kind of "average to good" episode. I'll stop because i'm not going to spoil it before the episode has aired here Smiley Enjoy.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, March 20, 2017, 23:04:14 »

2 awful episodes sandwiching an ok one sums up the last 3. enjoyed last weeks much more

it's a shadow of its former self
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 10:25:06 »

I've done this too.

Current series like the previous few has been a bit meh.

When its good, its fantastic but the rest of the time it can be really dull.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 12:31:16 »

I find myself caring less and less about each character now. They should just finish it with Carol terminating everyone in a fit of rage.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 18:08:00 »

They have taken too long to build it up this time that's been the big problem. I think the last 2 episodes will be quite action packed though and we will get the usual end of series cliffhanger.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 22:42:30 »

They have taken too long to build it up this time that's been the big problem. I think the last 2 episodes will be quite action packed though and we will get the usual end of series cliffhanger.

No, w won't get a huge cliffhanger like the end of S6. Scott Gimple, Gale Ann-Hurd and Robert Kirkman have said as much. They've said (well Gimple) that what happens in the S7 finale pretty much sets us up for the next 100 episodes (S8 E1 is the 100th ep). That's some statement of intent.

I think you're right in the length of time to build up though. Not so much E14, but E12 and E13 were very filler orientated. There was still good stuff in them but i get the frustration. E15 should be pretty tense one, which ultimately lingers on Sasha either getting killed or being saved by Daryl and Rosita.....possibly Dwight too. Then the onslaught will ensue. I think the Finale will be good and more like S3 finale, which wasn't a cliffhanger but led us on a S4 route that showed a broken Governor find his confidence again and come back at S4 MSF even more brutal. Damn I miss those times! Thought they were on track again with Negan and 'i hope I'm proved wrong.

Trouble is, the show came under a lot of complaints in both America and the UK for the graphic scenes of the S7 premiere (the US cut is even more gory in "those opening scenes" than the UK cut) so they have had to cut certain scenes from several episodes. I believe the Carl eye reveal and the Spencer kill were nearly pulled too.  Also, we all kinda hate Negan (we're supposed to) but the character has become more "loveable rogue" as the season has gone on. The truth here is, Negans comic character and many of the Saviours are total rapists too. The scene last night where Enid takes the fruit to distract the Saviour from finding Daryl and Maggie was supposed to be lets say a lot more horrific than dropping a few veggies.

So maybe they feel like they have had to hold back in some areas, which reflects on the show as not shocking us as often as they have in the past. Come on TWD, fuck the complaints and show the real grittiness and shock of life in the twisted power driven psychopathic world!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 09:13:05 »

Last 3 eps haven't been great, its clearly the calm before the storm but just a bit tedious.

Question in my head is how did Daryl get to Sasha and Rosita so quickly? Even on a bike it seemed a bit rushed.

Eugene surprised me but not wanting to escape but it does seem like he's got a good gig there so maybe he thinks he's safe.

Its been 2 episodes since it was suggested that Tara was going to give up the location of Oceanside so that story-line is still to come back.

I agree with bamboonoshoe in that i'm hoping for real grittiness in the final episodes. Whilst the rape bits can stay in the comics i really want to see loads of blood and guts in the finale.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 09:19:50 »

Quote from: Chubbs

Question in my head is how did Daryl get to Sasha and Rosita so quickly? Even on a bike it seemed a bit rushed.

assuming it is Daryl
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: