Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 171481 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 14:06:27 »

If any of you guys read the Graphic Novels (ok comics for grown up kids like me), you'll have noticed that there is a lot of foreshadowing in TWD television series. It also explains (in the show) why key moments like Glenn & Abraham's exit had to be as brutal. That's Negan. He's a brutal, sadistic, psychopath who isn't as stable as your average calculated serial killer...but then who would be in that world.

It's a changing of the guard, it had to be done that way and Greg Nicotero is "the Special FX guy" who directed brilliantly as always. Yes they milked it a little and it was horrific, yet we have to remember the key genre is Horror here.

Where do I think it will go....? I read the GNs so I have an idea of key moments going forward. Yet they still manage to surprise me in the show.

I'm looking forward to King Ezequiel (and his pet tiger Shiva) and all the others in The Kingdom, where Carol and Morgan are currently. Anyone remember Jesus? I think we'll see him more as we only had glimpses of him in parts of S6. He's part of The Hilltop. For me, he has more to play and seems a relatively equalled character. Erin is holed up at Alexandria (Maggie locked her in the cupboard) along with Rev. Gabrial and obviously a few others.

There are lots of ways this could go but in a nutshell we have now three groups. Negans The Saviours, The Kingdom & The Hilltop. As well as Alexandria (which I think will be given up). Don't forget that Eugene was formulating plans to run The Foundry to make munitions. This could still happen and may be pivotal (they all need ammo in this world) could be a masterstroke for him as will be a massive trade off.....if it happens that is.

One thing is for certain...not necessarily this season, but in a season Rick will die at some point. That's not a spoiler, that's just a common fact.

I know odds and sods of the comics, mainly through speaking to my friend who is a big fan. I'm looking forward to learning more about King Ezequiel, though the thought of him having a tiger like that seems very silly. Where the fuck did he get a tiger from....

I fear this season may go stale if they aren't careful. There are theoretically 3/4 story lines that have to be followed as mentioned above and for me, when they've done this previously I've found myself loosing track due to the constant chopping and changing, and in turn loosing interest.

As long as Coral gets it before they end the show, i'll be happy.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 14:10:54 »

A zoo?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 14:21:04 »

OK Smartarse. Maybe the question should be how the fuck did he get a tiger?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 14:22:22 »

The zookeeper became a walker. Or he was the zookeeper. That's my preferred theory
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 14:49:08 »

I know odds and sods of the comics, mainly through speaking to my friend who is a big fan. I'm looking forward to learning more about King Ezequiel, though the thought of him having a tiger like that seems very silly. Where the fuck did he get a tiger from....

I fear this season may go stale if they aren't careful. There are theoretically 3/4 story lines that have to be followed as mentioned above and for me, when they've done this previously I've found myself loosing track due to the constant chopping and changing, and in turn loosing interest.

As long as Coral gets it before they end the show, i'll be happy.

I agree there are a lot of plot streams to follow. Think Alexandrians and The Hill top will merge and the main focus will be on Negan and The Saviours, along with King Ez and The Kingdom. Will "our" group separate further and join one of the three main groups (Daryl for instance, although enforced).

See what you mean about the Tiger being a bit silly (like in LOST with the Polar Bear, but they were all dead so anything goes) but the source will be revealed soon. For me it just makes me think how are they sourcing Shiva's food supply? hmmm Hmmm Hmmm

Yeah I thought Coralll is overdue some personal misfortune and thought it was going to happen in S7 E1, however this could be foreshadowing something else...Also when you watch the opening credit and Jeffrey Dean Morgans name flashes up, tell me what you see.

The show for me is really clever at times, even if it gets hammered for its writing, which considering it's essentially a comic I think it writes better than any soap and most shite that's out there alongside GoT and BB. All three though are completely different  so I never know why people try to compare them. Why not compare GoT with Sharpe, LOTR. compare BB with Trainspotting, Limitless, Pulp Fiction. Compare TWD with World War Z, Zombie Nation, DoTD, DayOTD, NoTLD etc.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 18:21:21 »

.Also when you watch the opening credit and Jeffrey Dean Morgans name flashes up, tell me what you see.

ok, i got ya.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 20:19:53 »

I've never actually seen it... keep getting told that I should!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 10:30:12 »

ok, i got ya.

I don't get it.  Have looked at the opening credits and can't see what you see..  Maybe I am just dense..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 11:00:19 »

I don't get it.  Have looked at the opening credits and can't see what you see..  Maybe I am just dense..
I'll PM you if you want, I mean I don't know if what I see means anything but it could be a potential spoiler.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 11:15:51 »

I'll PM you if you want, I mean I don't know if what I see means anything but it could be a potential spoiler.
The whole thread is a fucking spoiler thread  Wink
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 11:23:52 »

The whole thread is a fucking spoiler thread  Wink
I get that, but to spoil something that hasn't happened yet, i'm not that mean.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 12:17:17 »

Can we have 1 rule, no comic book spoilers ?

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 12:43:15 »

Can we have 1 rule, no comic book spoilers ?

I agree, the thread was made to talk about episodes that have recently aired that not everyone has had a chance to see.

Talking about parts of the comic that have been shown on the TV and comparing the two is ok though.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 27, 2016, 13:00:32 »

Do it!!!!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 14:27:35 »

I want a tiger

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: