Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 172020 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 20:25:14 »

Miles is both right and wrong in many ways. There has been some cracking episodes since the Prison departure in S3.

Granted there has also been some average episodes, some meh episodes and a few and far between rubbish ones. Considering 11 seasons (in completion) will average out at just under 180 episodes, there will always be a few that don't float peoples boats. In the main and imo the "worse" period of TWD was S7B & S8A but that ws more to do with Scott Gimple and his obsession of dragging out "All Out War" for as long as possible. It may have been accurate to the comics but it didn't translate so well for TV/Adaptation. There's only so long you can watch two groups continuing to bomb each other with zero compromises.

Any way Wobbly Bob... I know someone who has a decent stream or something if you are interested. Having said that, I think if you have BT you can watch via AMC Premiere and there is also the option of using a VPN and then logging in to the AMC website to watch episodes as well.

In the main though, UK customers will either have to shell out for it via Disney+ (although there are some 6month free trials knocking around) but I do have a feeling that it will be shown on either Fox or another UK Digital channel (not sure on Fox airing at present) just not at the initial airing date. I've just watched S11E3 (or 2 if we count S11E1A&E1B: Acheron as one episode) but do let me know if you want to watch it "gratis".

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 08:15:10 »

So has S11 started then? - I had no idea..  usually it's promoted all over the place.  I will have to catch up.  I am away for the next week so will have a good 4 or 5 episodes to catch up on by the sounds of it.

Is TTD on Disney + as well?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 15:30:50 »

So has S11 started then? - I had no idea..  usually it's promoted all over the place.  I will have to catch up.  I am away for the next week so will have a good 4 or 5 episodes to catch up on by the sounds of it.

Is TTD on Disney + as well?

Yep, 3rd episode on AMC+ (Premiere). Think it's all to do with Disney now owning FOX when the merger happened a little while back. Which if I'm led to beleive means that Disney have opted to put TWD into their premium service (Disney+/Star) instead of purely running it on FOX.

I did a further dig and it looks like FOX officially ended (in the UK) in June  Crying Can't be certain but it seems as though TTD is not being carried over to Star with TWD. Which kind of fucking sucks. It seemingly means that TTD don't legally be broadcast to viewers in the UK. Feels a bit like we've been shat on by Disney over here as I know for many TTD is a big part of the viewer experience. It's genuinely a decent formatted chat/after show. But I'm thinking surely another broadcaster will pick up some form of secondary rights to broadcast not only TTD but also TWD. Meaning they can air it but only after its been on Disney+/Star.

Ironically, remember 5Star? Part of the Ch5 franchise (owned by Sky), they used to air catch up episodes of TWD so my line of thinking is as I said above; if not one of them then maybe amazon will integrate it into their Prime services but seems unlikely as it's in direct comp with Disney+.

*Ignore what I said about AMC (in the UK on BT) because even though that is the studio TWD comes directly out of, it's not even on their Premiere channel over here (FTWD is/will be though?!). Really does seem like Disney's ownership of 21st Century Fox has really messed things up in the UK arm of things. Where the fuck will I get brand new Family Guy now? 

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 11:57:17 »

In a weird way, it kind of makes me glad it is coming to an end if they are going to fuck about with it like they are..  I have watched TTD for probably about 10 years after watching an episode, so it does take a lot away for me..  oh well - i will find something else to focus on rather than TWD in the future no doubt

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 13:32:37 »

In a weird way, it kind of makes me glad it is coming to an end if they are going to fuck about with it like they are..  I have watched TTD for probably about 10 years after watching an episode, so it does take a lot away for me..  oh well - i will find something else to focus on rather than TWD in the future no doubt

To be honest Berni, it's not really AMC/TWD fault. Disney are the ones to grind at. Essentially capitalised the market of ironically another capitalist media giant in 20th Century Fox. It's a bit difficult when the UK arm of your main broadcaster gets shut down (FX/FOX) a month before your final season airs. I guess they could've said screw you to Disney contractually and just kept everything on their own AMC channel (US & UK) but I would imagine that the complication of broadcasting rights/shareholders and all the stuff that just isn't really "TV or Film". Add to that they (AMC) have probably signed agreements for future distribution rights via Disney/20th Century...especially as they go into the era of their franchise of TWD movies.

If you have AMazon Prime and create an AMC account, you can watch TTD via there (with a VPN).

In other TWD Universe news...have you seen the latest trailer for TWDWB (World Beyond, what I call the "kids TWD")...I was pretty impressed. It's got a bit darker by the looks of things. The "High School Musical" vibe has been ditched and it's more in line with the grittiness of TWD. Alexa Mansour looks great too and the CRM dude part was pretty impressive Smiley
Watch to the end for a very familiar friend  Wink

https://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-dead-world-beyond/videos/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-season-2-trailer--62704

I did mention they would start knitting together in some way and that reveal is a big tease in terms of what characters may reappear going further into TWD & FTWD! Releases October 3rd or available to stream September 26th.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 15:32:34 »

Oh and I just checked, if people don't want to pay for Disney+/Star then  provided you have Amazon Prime, you can buy a season pass of TWD S11 from £15.99...yes it's an additional cost but much less than the Disney+/Star option and as it is a 24 episode season, it works out at less than 67p per episode (because combined you'll be using your Prime benefits for other things like groceries/music/one day delivery of drones etc).

Prime obviously works out as good VFM compared with many of its competitors. Even if it is part of the Bezos capitalist space traveller corps...so long as you do tend to use those extras involved in the monthly fee then there's likely not a better legitimate deal around.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Friday, September 10, 2021, 15:47:57 »

Watched E4 and soon to watch E5. Have to say they are doing a pretty good job so far.

E1&2 (Acheron I & II) laid down the groundwork of two/three main arcs. Following Ezekiel and gang into the Commonwealth and their processing. The other focusing on Maggie/Negan/Daryl on their hunt for food to Maggie's Crew. They are intercepted by the Reapers, which then splits that arc into two.

E3 focuses on Negan & Maggie and follows their continued hunt. Whilst also still being hunted themselves by the Reapers. We're still not fully clear on why the Reapers are after them but Maggie & Negan are essentially forced to work together from here on in. Interesting to see how that dynamic evolves. It's a good episode except for a bit where Carol and a bunch of people go horse whispering. It probably wasn't needed as we know they are pretty hungry and I selfishly wanted to see more in the development of Maggie & Negan.

E4 is on the Daryl end of things which was centred amongst him and his capture/introduction to the Reapers group. I like what they did here with one of the group members and also Daryl's waterboarding too. The character has clearly been pushed in his time on TWD. This season makes no exception (so far). There's another great scene for those who love the gore/SFX moments and we also get to meet "Pope". All in all a great episode and it didn't switch too much so we got an hour of continued story.

E5 is not out yet but it returns back to the progress of Zeke, Princess, Yumiko & Eugene at the Commonwealth. Hopefully it'll spend most of the episode there as we get introduced to one of the biggest settlements on TWD to date. I'm interested to see how they are portrayed because to us, they are our "Heroes" per se but in a wider community they are pretty much survivors like anyone else, so essentially "nobodies".

Also Berni, I know someone who has a link for TTD episodes - if you're interested.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 13:34:27 »

Yea please bamboo, pm me the link thanks.  I am away at the moment but will catch up when I return

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Saturday, September 11, 2021, 22:31:08 »

Yea please bamboo, pm me the link thanks.  I am away at the moment but will catch up when I return

Will do mate!

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:43:45 »

Well...that was a very interesting reveal on TWD S11B Premiere!

There's a good week before it airs on normal telly so I won't spoil yet. Seeing as there are only about 5 of us on here that watch.

Hunk had started watching but he has left the TEF by the looks of things.
Haven't seen Chubbs post in a long while. Hope he's alright.

Does that just leave Berni, Batch and I?  Hmmm

Oh, Wobbly was going to give it a go too I think.

Anyway, good episode for the Part B opener. Definitely laid down how some of this is going to culminate at the very end.  I guess in the middle part of this final season they are likely to write out several characters (death or disappear) so it could be "adios" for some season regulars but not leads (well I'd imagine).

I'm kind of excited as to the shape of TWD landscape by the end of Part B and then how the final Part C finally closes out the last episodes of TWD forever (on TV at least). Interesting...veryyy...interesting (to me anyway) Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:44:31 »

Hunk left as fed up with things on here

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:48:02 »

I gave up on twd when Andrew Lincoln left
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:57:16 »

Hunk left as fed up with things on here

I was talking to Hunk the other day but noticed he left. Shame. Decent guy.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 20:59:15 »

j have up on twd when Andrew Lincoln left

You on the alcohol Batch? On a Sunday eve?! Shicking! Wink

That's a shame man - there has actually been some good stuff in between then and now. I mean you can obviously do what you like but you can't get this far down the line and not see it finally culminate Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 21:01:06 »

I was talking to Hunk the other day but noticed he left. Shame. Decent guy.

Yes decent guy but got fed up with things he couldn't do anything about.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: