Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 171483 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 07:59:02 »

Interestingly I read somewhere that the kid we saw is in fact Ricks. I don’t buy it. No way was that kid 5/6 years old.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 14:22:45 »

Interestingly I read somewhere that the kid we saw is in fact Ricks. I don’t buy it. No way was that kid 5/6 years old.

I know what your saying. If Michonne fell pregnant in say E4/E5 then we can take 9 months off but time jump is meant to be 6 years and surprisingly Judith is about 10. Then again she was born in S3 so that would add up (Season timelines were shorter in those days). The only thing I may have thought was that Michonne could be hallucinating and seeing her son Andre (pre apocalypse). However that would be odd because I'm sure Magna (new girl, wavy hair, rebel, quite fit) saw Michonne & RJ (yep that is his name) when she planned to attack her and had a change of heart.

Still want to know what the "X" is on Michonne's upper hip/kidney area?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 15:19:40 »

Cant believe i didn't put 2 and 2 together with the talking walkers at the end.

I know that the scene with Rosita and Eugene at the end is in the opening credits but it was actually my wife, who wont watch the show, notice them talking..

I wont spoil it but it you watch it back, listen carefully and you will hear the walkers say "where are they?, "they must be close" "don't let them get away"

I have not been this excited about the show for a very long time.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 16:18:07 »

Cant believe i didn't put 2 and 2 together with the talking walkers at the end.

I know that the scene with Rosita and Eugene at the end is in the opening credits but it was actually my wife, who wont watch the show, notice them talking..

I wont spoil it but it you watch it back, listen carefully and you will hear the walkers say "where are they?, "they must be close" "don't let them get away"

I have not been this excited about the show for a very long time.

Haha, I mentioned this in my longer comment above Smiley

It was very fucking creepy and with Batch not watching the last 15mins or so he's missed an absolute treat. Can't wait to see it develop properly.

Like I said, Samantha Morton is being cast in the season. With Dan Fogler (Luke) already making an appearance they have replaced quality (Andy) with two cracking actors. When we'll see Samantha Morton is anyone's guess but she has played some brilliant film roles. I remember her from back in the day, in Prostitution Drama; Band of Gold.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 16:21:53 »

I watched the whole episode and heard the walker speak. was just messing about with my phone for a fair bit of it.

talking, evolving zombies, meh.

bits i enjoyed:
bad ass mode Carole
the exchange between Judith and Michone
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 16:33:36 »

I watched the whole episode and heard the walker speak. was just messing about with my phone for a fair bit of it.

bits i enjoyed:
bad ass mode Carole

Haha! Oh you're in for a treat. Please do keep watching. It's about to get very dark.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 11:46:32 »

They pretty much confirmed on the Talking Dead that the kid is Rick's, although I agree he didn't look like a 5/6 year old to me..  more 3 or 4.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 12:05:26 »

bits i enjoyed:
bad ass mode Carole

I haven't read the comics so this either might be a unintentional spoiler or I am barking completely up the wrong tree.

Everyone knows that the next gang coming along are called the Whisperers, I took the talking not as the Walkers evolving and talking, but the new group whispering to each other and somehow finding a way to exist with walkers, using the herd as a weapon and a way to keep themselves incognito, just the whisperers playing a part to travel from A to B with everyone else avoiding them.  I am not sure as to what end but that is how I took it.  If you looked at some of those walkers, they we not greatly decayed, just acting like Walkers with their heads down, especially one big bald guy in particular and a bunch of women with long black hair.  The leaders of the herd were definately walkers, but the ones walking in the middle I don't think were.

Now I might be well and truly barking up that wrong tree, but I don't think that scene was necessarily as it seemed on first viewing.  I know BBS will already have a good idea, but that is how I took it anyway.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 13:15:22 »

FFS Bernie!!! Spoiler Alert!!!

I didnt want to be the one who gave too much away but you are spot on Bernie. I've not read the comics but know enough, so if the writers perceive the Whisperers as they are in the comics then we're in for a treat.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 15:39:48 »

1.)  The title of the thread says spoilers
2.)  I preempted my theory with the statement that I hadn't read the comics and have no knowledge of
      what the future holds, I just gave my theory of what I saw

so...  FFS Chubbs!!!  You just dropped a huge Spoiler Alert!!! by confirming my theory Cheesy

I did not have any clue and could easily have been barking..  

It's only you, Batch and BBS that actually seem to take part in this thread anyway, so I don't think the audience has been harmed too much..   
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 15, 2018, 15:42:04 by Berniman » Logged

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 02:15:31 »

Ok, I was being reserved too tbh. There's plenty of theories for other stuff but as you may or may not know...

Samantha Noton will play the role of Alpha. Someone from Sons of Anarchy will play the role of Beta.

This isn't related to Anne/Jadis/Helicopter people's A+B but it could've been a major foreshadow for these upcoming and very important characters. I'm excited to see how it all pans out.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 10:00:19 »

Not a patch on last week but certainly sets us up for a massive mid season finale. Lets be honest, the last few MSF haven't been great but im really looking forward to this one. As bamoboo has already said, this is about to get really fucking dark.

The Maggie part was interesting with her leaving and Jesus now running the show. I actually had forgotten about Georgie and took me a while to figure it out.

There is obviously a 6 year gap which needs filling so i think as the season goes on we'll find out more about certain things.

Anyone else think that Jesus and Aaron have a thing going on? I certainly got that impression.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 12:29:03 »

Yeah, Jesus and Aaron are definately playing hide the sausage.

Agree with you Chubbs, not as strong an episode but I think this one and next weeks are all about setting up the second half of the season.

Interestingly this episode was directed by the dude that played Abraham.

Look forward to next weeks ep.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 12:40:50 »

Glad its not just me who had their gaydar tuned :-)

I didn't catch the bit about Abraham directing that episode. 

Next week is the MSF and i have a feeling a massive cliffhanger is coming.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 14:30:38 »

Yep this episode took a little step back and focussed mainly on "Tracker Daryl" and the "Fantastic Five". The latter (Luke/Magna/Connie et al) got a chance to show their worth and the two with the sling shots were pretty cool.

I like Luke, or should I say, I like the actor that plays Luke. He's an absolute loon but awesome. Michonne's understandable paranoia in the "Violin scene", it worked as a good piece of comedy in what seemed like an initially tense moment. Is Luke just a very clever facade though? I think his charm will turn over some people and while it's only a theory, there could be more to him than meets the eye.

Daryl and "Dog"! Only Daryl could name his dog, Dog. I also noticed that he also has a "X" scar on his kidney area, in the same spot I mentioned about Michonne. Except he also had two "ll" marked on him too. This was even overlooked on TTD as they focused more on the impending Whisperers, Luke's group and chatted to Cudlitz about his directing debut. I'm really curious as to how they have got those near identical scars. Will others have them too? Is it a branding? An operation? I really don't know but it leads me back to...

Michonne and her seeming at unease with going to HillTop. Obviously she was unaware of Maggie and Hershel Jr leaving but even then she was doubting at going there. This gives us a huge question over what has happened in those 6ish years, other than what we already know. I think the show has hinted at a few flashbacks, to make certain things relevant to present day.

So Maggie has left with Georgie & The Beastie Twins (sorry can't help it) a far as Jesus has now informed us? The Georgie part is a bit odd as they certainly have an arc for that but haven't explored it further yet. All we've had is a cameo role and it's been left open. Now Maggie has gone, it's left a gap of why she's gone. I'm aware Lauren Cohan is returning in S10 so she's doing a bit of a Lennie James (Morgan) in disappearing for a bit. How they link that altogether and reintroduce Georgie, a new world, etc. will be interesting. Just quite annoying we'll have to suck it and see.

Suck it and see!? Indeed - I think Paul Rovia aka Jesus and Aaron are impeding their fight club liaisons with a long game of "cache le jambon". All's fair and two strong characters that actually deserve more airtime. It shouldn't be for their sexuality plots though - it should be for how good those characters are but hey, we all need love, even in an apocalypse!

Totally agree in the sense that the last few MSF have not been the best but then which do you think is more important? A strongly plotted developing MSF with an explosive MSP? or An explosive MSF with a strongly plotted developing MSP? I'd opt for the latter but I don't think hurts either way round. Although this is is what pissed off people before. It was a massive waiting game (S6SF - S7SP) on Negan's wrath. While I thought they were two fantastic separate episodes, with the plot built in the former and the explosive, shocking reveal in the latter, it was too long and everyone agrees they felt milked. I think you can get away with it more mid-season as we only have at the most 3 months to wait (unlike the 6 between seasons). I still think they should go for the shock strategy in a mid-season finale and then follow that through with a strong story into mid-season premiere.

Final note - Yes, I think the MSF will give us our first frank and exposed view of the Whisperers and the way Rosita & Eugene are pretty much shell-shocked amongst something they've never contemplated in this world before, sums up this impending group. Even some of the twisted amongst us would not have those thoughts/actions. They've built up the creep factor already and I really hope this brings the show back to where it was. With Samantha Norton and Ryan Hurst cast, I think they can bring an added element of classic cult horror to the show. Especially Morton who I think will scare even the toughest of us. Bring it on!

Many questions still to be answered but S9 is ticking along nicely. There hasn't been a "shit" episode yet. Some erring on meh but largely they told Rick's exit story well, and basically since S9E6 it's been a new show. I actually find it great that I'm not thinking about things like 'This show can't go on without Rick' but actually focussing on what comes next in the show. I haven't really thought about Rick. That's great testament to the writers and the new cast members (while still lots to learn about them) seem to have slotted in pretty well.

Ok, I'm done rabbling on!

Cheers,

Bamboo Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: