Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead *SPOILERS*  (Read 171470 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 10:33:43 »

Ah, well, the film spin offs is the spoiler I mentioned.

Though I hadn't heard it could be set as back story. Who the hell cares about Rick's back story.

Still skeptical a reboot/reset will have me back watching. Going to watch the next episode though, accidentally read about something happening in that too.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 11:32:04 »

Not necessarily Rick's back story in his case, but other movies might feature other characters and their back stories.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 11:41:34 »

Not necessarily Rick's back story in his case, but other movies might feature other characters and their back stories.
whatever its about, its a dumb idea. :-)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 11:48:23 »

Agreed.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 12:30:49 »

Oh, almost forgot about the Negan/Maggie bit. No one actually believes Negan right? He is perceiving himself as a broken man, nothing to live for, willing to die.  He's clever, hes playing Maggie so stay alive. He's biding his time to strike.
At least thats what i think...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2018, 12:44:51 »

Oh, almost forgot about the Negan/Maggie bit. No one actually believes Negan right? He is perceiving himself as a broken man, nothing to live for, willing to die.  He's clever, hes playing Maggie so stay alive. He's biding his time to strike.
At least thats what i think...

Had the same though too. Expected to see him smirking as the camera pulled back.
Though he does seem obsessed with Lucille.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, November 10, 2018, 18:19:26 »

Thought it was a really decent episode, considering it wasn't even a SP, MSF, MSP or SF. Liked the hallucinating/losing consciousness parts. Ricks piece with Shane was great especially when he came back round and was faced with a walker. Thought the Herschel bit was good too. Without going in to too much about it even though most guessed the outcome, the episode did leave us guessing throughout. Even though I was hell bent on the helicopter, when Rick blew up the bridge I genuinely felt the same as Daryl in that moment. Even when Anne/Jadis was signalling with the helicopter I didn't guess she'd find Rick.

Essentially it concluded and I guess many of us thought that was the end of the episode (Rick & Anne leaving in the helicopter), which did now open up a wider and much bigger/more sophisticated world elsewhere. Will be interesting if we ever do get to see that side of TWD, not in the planned feature length films, as planned but an actual exploration/expanding in the TV show. Clearly it throws up questions and mine is; surely there are much bigger influences/important people at play and that will be interesting how they/we find out. Would love them to explore Jadis/Anne character role even more but clearly we're not likely to see her for some time.

As Chubbs touched on, a new group are on our horizon I believe, for me it's been pretty evident for a while. I think I've hinted at this group since S6/S7. Whenever they do turn up, It will be a totally different ball game!

I like the time jump (significant enough to separate a story gap), and I like the idea of bringing Judith Grimes to the fore. She looks like she is going to be a proper "Lil Ass Kicker". I can see Daryl, Carol and herself creating a formidable, no nonsense partnership. Love the look of the characters from that last few minutes of teasing. Especially a long haired Carol, Michonne's look and of course the introduction of an older Judith. It almost feels like that it has gone towards a Medieval kind of look.

I also think that Eugene & Rosita will get together.

What's great is it gives us so many questions to ponder, yet without it leaving us hanging because we have the next three episodes to get some of those questions answered. I like the angle this could go and the avenues it may explore.

I don't think they'll keep hopping forward and back either. Certainly makes an interesting approach for the coming E6. Did anyone catch in the S9E6 preview, I think it was Eugene said "The Walkers are developing". Personally I was also thrilled to see the introduction of Magna, Luke, Connie & Kelly (they're all in the GNs). Especially Magna Smiley

Any of you catch a hoard of Walkers and one clearly say "Where are they?".

All in all a really good episode and sets us up perfectly for upto the MSF, which is when I think the "New Group" will be revealed.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, November 10, 2018, 18:27:04 »

Had the same though too. Expected to see him smirking as the camera pulled back.
Though he does seem obsessed with Lucille.

Lucille was his wife's name. Lucille the baseball bat is Negan's symbolism for not wanting to let go which is why he begged Maggie to kill him. Totally believed him. Think we're going to see more of Negan the person from now on than Negan the persona/cult/dictator.

As a side, did you notice how when Negan was trying to talk Maggie out and reminded her of how he killed Glenn, he also spoke about how Herschel got murdered too. Now, to me he wouldn't have known how he died as Negan wasn't part of  The Governors set up (as we know). Tell me I'm barking thee wrong way but potentially could some Woodbury survivors have wound up at the Sanctuary, instead of joining Rick's group? Therefore Negan would have heard the stories of the battle at the prison, etc. I don't know but when he said to Maggie about that (How Herschel died) it made me wonder.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 21:19:24 »

5 minutes in and I hate Judith already....
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 22:23:47 »

Now that’s what I’m talking about. More of this please.
It looks like they’ve stuck with the time shift for now and I’m ok with it. Big question is, who got michone up the duff? If the time shift is 6 years, there’s no way that kids more that 3 years old.

Carol, what a badass. That’s what I want to see more of. Ruthless, none of this sparing peoples lives bullshit.

Brings me onto Judith, surely it’s not possible to be more annoying than Coral?

Will be interesting to see how Negans character develops now.

Rosita and Gabe? Did not see that comming. Poor eugene, who actually looks to have grown some balls atlast.

Great episode.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 23:03:08 »

I'm out for now. I no longer care. found most of that dull.

may catch up at the end of the season. not sure
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 00:17:26 »

If any of you have read the "Rise of the Governor" book then you'll see that an adaptation of that would make a great film. I'm sure this will be one top of the list.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 00:53:31 »

I'm out for now. I no longer care. found most of that dull.

may catch up at the end of the season. not sure

You sure you were watching the same episode? I know I'm a good old rose-tinted kin of soul but that was a really good episode and we didn't have a "Rick hangover" per se. Yes Michonne still struggles with her grief but I think that is reflective and real to most of us that have loved.

I think the young actor playing Judith is brilliant. Annoying but brilliant. Her line "...their voices are starting to fade. I hope you still hear them." Was fucking heartbreaking and was delivered very well. Not just some half arsed young kid actor. She has a future for sure. Real talent.

I like the "new" gang of people and I like the brave decision to include a deaf actor too. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that just one deaf person would survive so it does add another sense of realism. Also the guy playing Luke you may recognise if you've seen Fantastic Beasts. If not...well no biggy but he's also a great actor. I thought he had some good parts tonight.

Cast regulars, largely Carol was ever the badass and continues her ways. I think she's too much for King Ez, who seems to just want the simple life. Eugene, as mentioned seems to have finally grown a pair of balls and Father Gabe seems to be getting all the pussy the lucky lucky man!

Yes I came up with that thought as well RE: Michonne's little boy, who does look about 2 ish. It can't be Rick's as stated and also Michonne had an 'X' scar on her back (Kidney area) so I wonder what's gone on there too. It will indeed be interesting how they develop Negan from his cell. It's clear he loves kids and I like how his tone and manner is different to when he's being "Mr Big Balls". I thought the conversation between him on Judith was pretty good and quite comedic. Left you thinking...Judith, you stubborn little sod! I would guess that was the point.

I don't see how you can have found most of that dull Batch? Carol getting revenge on the last annoying hint of Saviours, better elements of story writing for characters than has been in a while, and then the added twist at the end left you thinking "wtf, was that!" (I have a good idea) but it was creepy as fuck.

Each to their own I guess. I found this episode much more hopeful and inspiring than Towns latest managerial appointment!

I like the look and feel of the characters now in general, in this time jump. More believable, weathered, rustic and honest. It's not all sunshine and lollipops. You believe that Judith has grown up knowing only this world (even if Michonne is desperate to protect that) but she is fairly smart and wise to it. She'll make mistakes...she's about 7. Yep, bloody annoying but I like her character.

One last thing, adding to cast members with quality. I'd say of the 5 that have joined, Luke will be one of the best. Magna has potential but could be a washy type. Think Connie & Kelly make a great double act. The other we haven't really seen yet. On top of this, I believe Samantha Morton is joining the cast also. Now that would be an awesome fit for TWD.

Ok, I'm out for now. May revisit the episode tomorrow but I won't let it get away Wink

Cheers,

Boo (TWD Geek)

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 07:16:31 »

I've stopped caring about any of them bamboo. found myself playing with my phone about 45 minutes in.

figured if I feel like that, no point keeping up with it.

will watch the Rick films though
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 15:32:40 »

I've stopped caring about any of them bamboo. found myself playing with my phone about 45 minutes in.

figured if I feel like that, no point keeping up with it.

will watch the Rick films though

Fair enough mate. Shame though, I think this Season is better than much of S7 and about half of S8. Things naturally run their course though. I think they've reinvented the show enough to warrant S10 (which has the green light anyway) as there is a bigger world to explore. I also think we will see Rick. I'm sure give it a few years and we'll be where he's at. My mind imagines him getting the treatment he needs in this new world and becoming a significant force. Whether that is for good/bad I don't know.

Not sure we need a backstory on Rick as we learnt a lot about him but the feature length stuff would be great to show us what happened in the 5/6 years since leaving on the helicopter. Then that could set Andrew Lincoln for a reprise a few years down the line, when he's done those and maybe one or two. If AMC were offering Norman Reedus a $20m contract for TWD then what would someone like James Cameron or Peter Jackson offer up to AL? They are the kind of people I can see him working with. Cameron the most likely as he was married to Gale Ann Hurd (TWD Executive Producer). Cameron actually has a lot to thank Hurd for. Before they were together Hurd bought the screenplay to The Terminator off Cameron for $1, as long as he directed it. It paid dividends as Hurd is worth $60m and Cameron is worth $700m.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: