Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Predicament...  (Read 15091 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #45 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 11:56:06 »

Which raises the point that Cooper had it working us well, well enough for us to reach a playoff-final in fact. Our best finish in 15(?) seasons. Another example that it can work. Granted we had more quality in that squad, but we should still be doing better than we are. The current manager just isn't up to it.
Absolutely, I think a change in leadership can and will work wonders even with the squad we have without additions, but with the right additions then it could go a lot further with some direction, fitness and team cohesion and spirit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 12:48:00 »

Tbh I get bored shirtless watching this team play. It'd slow, boring and predictable ans also really easy to combat and play against. Sometimes it does work but it's very rarely. Why we persist with it I'll never know. You don't get out of this league playing tippy tappy bollocks with average players. You either need different tactics or higher quality players with the same tactics for it to work.

There is no buzz around the club. Media output is awful and when did we last hear from Power himself? Ages ago. Is there really a longer term plan or is he simply just blogging it? I'm going with the latter.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:23:43 »

I wouldn't mind reading Lee Power's blog. You have access to this blog Rich?

The media output is great if you love emojis!
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #48 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:24:46 »

Tbh I get bored shirtless watching this team play. It'd slow, boring and predictable ans also really easy to combat and play against. Sometimes it does work but it's very rarely. Why we persist with it I'll never know. You don't get out of this league playing tippy tappy bollocks with average players. You either need different tactics or higher quality players with the same tactics for it to work.

There is no buzz around the club. Media output is awful and when did we last hear from Power himself? Ages ago. Is there really a longer term plan or is he simply just blogging it? I'm going with the latter.
Saturday on the radio
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:25:56 »

On a serious note though I don't understand this need to constantly hear from the chairman. Which clubs have chairmen that are that active with the fanbase? There's not that many, minus the ones on social media.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:34:39 »

On a serious note though I don't understand this need to constantly hear from the chairman. Which clubs have chairmen that are that active with the fanbase? There's not that many, minus the ones on social media.

Get Jed and his cryptic tweets back!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:38:05 »

Our set pieces are my main bugbear. I guess we were spoiled by PDC's side with some well worked corners and some of our free kick routines were a joy to watch. We don't appear to do ANY practice on set pieces at all.

Two quick things - first season data but we were scoring about 2.3% of our corners under PDC - which is worse than 'average' for most seasons (about 2.5%). https://thewashbag.com/2012/04/26/taking-the-long-view-on-short-corners/

I mention is as I just saw this - current Prem data https://twitter.com/SimonGleave/status/790448830219165696 that a lot of teams aren't 'good' at them, unless Pullis is in charge but it will be a team's only shot in that game.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #52 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:52:00 »

The media output is great if you love emojis!
Smiley

Power is on BBC Wilts almost every game pre match.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:53:38 »

Not enough experience in the side to compliment the young talent.
Look poor in both boxes, attacking and defending. Naive and lacking a nasty streak to the side.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 13:55:44 »

Two quick things - first season data but we were scoring about 2.3% of our corners under PDC - which is worse than 'average' for most seasons (about 2.5%). https://thewashbag.com/2012/04/26/taking-the-long-view-on-short-corners/

I mention is as I just saw this - current Prem data https://twitter.com/SimonGleave/status/790448830219165696 that a lot of teams aren't 'good' at them, unless Pullis is in charge but it will be a team's only shot in that game.

It seems I was wrong about the corners, but I didn't imagine Benson scoring from a number of well-worked free kick routines did I?

Seems not much has changed since that washbag article in 2012 then!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:19:06 »

Not enough experience in the side to compliment the young talent.
Look poor in both boxes, attacking and defending. Naive and lacking a nasty streak to the side.

Forget Williams....this is spot on for me. You can see it from space last season.

Big experienced man in midfield to win headers and put people up in the air and lay it off to the footballers. Also come up at corners and threat in the air.

One at the back would be good too.

Never going to happen. Experience costs money and signing a player at 28/30 gives Power no sell on potential.

Williams, Robinson, Cotterill, AN Other this issue will not go away and its sticks out like a sore thumb this season....last year we got away with it....

Clems Army!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 17:31:09 »

It seems I was wrong about the corners, but I didn't imagine Benson scoring from a number of well-worked free kick routines did I?

Seems not much has changed since that washbag article in 2012 then!
You had Matt Ritchie taking the set pieces, there in lies the difference.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 19:48:25 »

Forget Williams....this is spot on for me. You can see it from space last season.

Big experienced man in midfield to win headers and put people up in the air and lay it off to the footballers. Also come up at corners and threat in the air.

Never going to happen. Experience costs money and signing a player at 28/30 gives Power no sell on potential.

Williams, Robinson, Cotterill, AN Other this issue will not go away and its sticks out like a sore thumb this season....last year we got away with it....
Shame really because one or two older heads would complement the ones with 'potential' & allow them to flourish & develop thus reaching their value at which Power wants to sell them at sooner.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #58 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 19:49:11 »

Not Sure I agree with the whole experience thing. Branco and Thompson have 250 between them alone. Kasim is hardly inexperienced and neither is Obika
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 19:50:18 »

Smiley

Power is on BBC Wilts almost every game pre match.
Which makes me question whether only being allowed in the country 90 days a year is still the case  Hmmm

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: