Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Predicament...  (Read 15310 times)
GL5 Red

« on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:28:45 »

Hovering above the relegation zone, awful performance Saturday, discontent amongst supporters, crowds dwindling...Power still doing a good job?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:30:51 »

Clearly he isn't but let's not pretend he has been awful from day one. It went wrong last season and he put it right with the appointment of Ling. He can't be blamed for what happened there.

If he doesn't act soon then yes he has fucked up so let's wait and see
GL5 Red

« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:35:51 »

If he appoints a decent manager with a decent budget then credit to him. Unfortunately I think he will look for the cheap option who will have to rely on players no-one else wants. Saturday was a disgrace, 4 home league defeats already is embarrassing.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:36:44 »

I still have my reservations re Power and what his eventual legacy will turn out to be, but we should be doing better with the squad we have.

That's down to Williams - the players brought in are decent enough. He's had a long, long time to fashion a competent defence but seems incapable of doing so. For that reason, he should be out.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:37:55 »

If he appoints a decent manager with a decent budget then credit to him. Unfortunately I think he will look for the cheap option who will have to rely on players no-one else wants. Saturday was a disgrace, 4 home league defeats already is embarrassing.
It's 5
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:39:42 »

Get in the right manager and we could be in the playoff places come Christmas.

It's all ifs and buts though of course.....
GL5 Red

« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:42:50 »

What is massively frustrating is the league is really poor yet we are struggling. If Power had shown a little more ambition then we could well be in those play off places. Realistically, if Williams departs who can we expect?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:46:28 »

For me, overall.. yes he is doing a good job. Room for improvement on many aspects but I like the idea of running a sustainable club getting in younger players and developing them and (trying...) to play decent football. It's the stubborn nature of it all that's the most frustrating. I also wish he'd start thinking longer term... The ground needs more than a lick of paint and the marketing side of things leaves a lot to be desired.

On the pitch can't really complain. One alright season, one very good season, one naff season, and one season that looks naff again... We are a League One club so we're at our level. I think he has put too much faith in Williams.

I don't see him as the villain many see him as (or want him to be).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:47:04 »

What is massively frustrating is the league is really poor yet we are struggling. If Power had shown a little more ambition then we could well be in those play off places. Realistically, if Williams departs who can we expect?

Define a little more ambition?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:47:55 »

This is where i disagree slightly. He has spent money and got some decent loans. Ok not helped by injury but most of our problems are down to management not really powers reluctance to invest in my opinion

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:48:41 »

Perhaps with Obika, Doughty and Jones we would have been.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:57:42 »

We have made some goods signings. To suggest we are lacking ambition is myopic to say the least.
GL5 Red

« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 10:00:34 »

Define a little more ambition? Maybe I expect more but Power has done well with revenue received from players who have departed. Aside from Vigirouz and Norris, we have relied on loans and free transfers. Why could we have not paid fees and made more permanent singings? I simply cannot accept the dross we are currently putting up with, I hope Power proves me wrong and appoints some a decent manager and gives them a decent budget.
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 10:04:49 »

We do have a decent budget, we have also spent in excess of 500k this season on transfers. That is a lot for a club our size.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 10:08:28 »

Define a little more ambition? Maybe I expect more but Power has done well with revenue received from players who have departed. Aside from Vigirouz and Norris, we have relied on loans and free transfers. Why could we have not paid fees and made more permanent singings? I simply cannot accept the dross we are currently putting up with, I hope Power proves me wrong and appoints some a decent manager and gives them a decent budget.

I don't have the figures to hand but hasn't Power previously put a fortune into stabilising the club (including when he was funding Jed), paying off debts etc and noticeably reducing the risk of another administration so I suspect in line with the sustainable model most player revenue has gone on reimbursing the investments/loans he has made previously, not seen any evidence as yet that he has turned down money from others investing in the club?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: