Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Predicament...  (Read 15047 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 19:52:56 »

Not Sure I agree with the whole experience thing. Branco and Thompson have 250 between them alone. Kasim is hardly inexperienced and neither is Obika
Think we're talking more along the likes of a Greer/Douglas type here, somebody who has games & ability to go with it, especially at this level. As opposed to a Hewlett/Reeves type who may well have had games on their CV but lacked any real talent/game changing ability.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 20:04:19 »

Any news on the training ground ?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 20:10:43 »

Any news on the Nigel Eady money?   

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 20:12:41 »

Any news on the training ground ?
They train there...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 20:16:36 »

Despite all the wrist slitting on here, we are 3 points better off than last season at the same stage.  We do have a few bodies who might add something if they ever get back fit, so we're not down yet. The Scunny game and Eastleigh games could be a bit of write off, and Eastleigh being on the box might mean viewing from

Sofa

But the next home game is against, in the eyes of some, another basket case club with a dodgy owner. 

It's a 12:00 KO so I'm assuming Sky, must be another international break we haven't had one for a fortnight  Angry.   So what better time than to join with the Addicks fans, in a pig protest, I'd suggest orange for us pink for them.  Mr Box get on it  Smiley
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 20:37:01 »

They train there...
Getting the ball through the Windmill ,bounce  it off the roof of the security van .  Too Cool
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 21:08:21 »

I wouldn't mind reading Lee Power's blog. You have access to this blog Rich?

The media output is great if you love emojis!

Awful predictive text scenes.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 22:06:42 »

The style of play argument is pretty redundant. There's no style of play that is guaranteed to win games. I'm sure I saw a statistic earlier that Shrewsbury play the most direct passes in League One and they are bottom.

The issue is our current playing squad is still unbalanced and lacks quality, especially in the wide areas. Rodgers and Branco were regarded as weak links in 2014/15 but are now mainstays of the team. Until that's fixed we are going to continue to be very, very average.
The Saint

« Reply #68 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 22:50:52 »

The style of play argument is pretty redundant. There's no style of play that is guaranteed to win games. I'm sure I saw a statistic earlier that Shrewsbury play the most direct passes in League One and they are bottom.

The issue is our current playing squad is still unbalanced and lacks quality, especially in the wide areas. Rodgers and Branco were regarded as weak links in 2014/15 but are now mainstays of the team. Until that's fixed we are going to continue to be very, very average.

Is that as average as it is possible to be? Like optimum averageness?
STFCDude3

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 23:13:13 »

Which makes me question whether only being allowed in the country 90 days a year is still the case  Hmmm

Its 90 nights, so if he flies in in the morning, and flies back after game, it doesn't count as one of those 90.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:39:36 »

Its 90 nights, so if he flies in in the morning, and flies back after game, it doesn't count as one of those 90.
I am pretty sure there are lots of loopholes in this rule anyway and I am 100% certain that Mr Power will have explored all the avenues available to him as he has some good lawyers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:41:59 »

That makes it more plausible. Does anybody know if he still has other business interests or is his time dedicated solely to STFC these days?

Peter Venkman

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:48:46 »

That makes it more plausible. Does anybody know if he still has other business interests or is his time dedicated solely to STFC these days?
I am pretty sure a lot of his time is taken up with horse racing.

Flashheart

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:51:44 »

Have I missed something? what does being on radio before matches have to do with him only being allowed in the country 90 days a year? There's only 46 league games in a season and he doesn't attend all of them.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 09:54:15 »

Have I missed something? what does being on radio before matches have to do with him only being allowed in the country 90 days a year? There's only 46 league games in a season and he doesn't attend all of them.
Yes but don't forget with cup matches thats 49 maximum Wink he must hate the Checkatrade Trophy cos that means 51 games now Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: