Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 46021 times)
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #225 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 08:08:30 »

We don't need a new owner, we need new (and more) fans. Not fucking fickle idiots.
Have to disagree here. Anyone who knows me will tell you i have been a big supporter of what Power has done but that second half on saturday was up there with any poor performance i have witnessed at the county ground and the fans have a right to be fucked off during the game ranting.Not sure we are more fickle than every other clubs fans
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 08:11:52 »

Deano is right unfortunately, as much as I dislike our own supporters, we aren't much worse than others when it comes to being fickle. I don't agree with chanting abuse at players though. Luke Norris's girlfriend and family were sat in front of me on Saturday and I felt so sorry for all of them, whether he plays well or not, no one should have to listen to that.

Two real pieces of quality for both Walsall goals. First, that shot was superb. Second, that pass was superb. If we can shift Kasim and put a bid in for that Oztumer in January I wouldn't be unhappy, he ran the show. Our heads dropped completely after the 2nd went in and we couldn't do anything right. A few of them huffed and puffed, credits to Fonz, Murray and Goddard who were at least trying but no one really played well.

I can see a change coming soon. I think it's needed.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 08:38:08 »

Great to see a player with skill, effort and determination on the pitch Saturday.
Unfortunately he was playing for Walsall.
A thoroughly dismal and pathetic performance from the Town.
Devoid of any inspiration from the management team. Devoid of any inspiration from the captain on the pitch.

Walsall got their own back for "that" goal by Simon Cox a few years ago.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 08:39:42 »

I'd have Karl Robinson here in a heartbeat, he was Swindon long before the Franchise even existed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 08:46:32 »

just saw the highlights, looks like we were lucky.

great skill for both their goals, but that second, Jesus, terrible defending. that said, Rodgers freed up delfounso in a similar way
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 08:49:46 »

I'd have Karl Robinson here in a heartbeat, he was Swindon long before the Franchise even existed.
Agree. Some people are far too precious with their objections - probably the same who didn't want PdC cos he offended their 'right on' pretensions
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #231 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 08:57:07 »

I would take KR, he had a mixed bag at MKD some good some bad but he overstayed his welcome there.

Like him or loathe him at least he comminucates well with the press and fans, the players seem to respect him and has experience of promotion to the Championship under his belt.

We could do a lot worse (and probably are at the moment, in all honesty).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #232 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:01:03 »

He's about the best qualified a club of our size could hope to get.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:01:54 »

Karl Robinson leaves MK by mutual consent

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:02:41 »

Agree. Some people are far too precious with their objections - probably the same who didn't want PdC cos he offended their 'right on' pretensions
yes, because the two cases are exactly the same aren't they? Doing a cracking job of living up to your username over the past few days ....

FWIW, I bow to no-one in my hatred of Franchise, but Robinson is an employee, working in a line of work where there are only 92 jobs available, can well understand he can't afford to be too sniffy to turn a job down, same as Wilson before him. I'd have him here.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #235 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:03:03 »

The big problem i can see though is how does it work going forward with Williams?

Power will be keen to keep him at the club and i'm not sure that would work to be honest.I'm not as worried as most are about length of contract because Power isn't stupid so there will be no way we would have to pay up a full 5 year contract.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:05:26 »

If Williams could step down I think that'd be idea. Him & Ross are very friendly with the players and we need a 'bad cop' so to speak.

Probably getting ahead of ourselves but he fits our style and I'd be surprised if Power doesn't at least give him a call. It has potential to work but more potential to last 3 months and be a disaster IMO.
Flashheart

« Reply #237 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 09:05:29 »

Karl Robinson leaves MK by mutual consent

Keep up at the back.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 10:06:56 »

You can fuck right off. I have nothing against Karl Robinson, and I don't think making a distinction between a minor football rivalry and a full-blown fascist narcissist is pretentious or right-on.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 11:58:45 »

Anyone considered that with Williams as manager he's simply not having the same amount of time to coach as he used to? This would help explain somewhat the downturn not only in form but player improvement.

I don't think the system is broken and Power needs to go, I just think we need a seperate manager and coaching staff. You can see from some of fhe players that there is real talent waiting to be unlocked in our squad, but perhaps Williams isn't able to put the time in that he has been able to in the past.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: