Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 46538 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 16:26:24 »

I wouldn't be averse to Robinson....other than he's Scouse. That would worry me, so on reflection probably a no from me.

As for the model, it is more likely that you'll get decent sell on and attract interest if your players are up the top end of the table.

We got good money for Ajose, because he scored goals in a struggling side, but it only attracted another side at our level.

Williams will be judged by Power on his turd polishing, rather than our league position, and at the moment the jury is very much out..... he's just about managing to get lads from non league standard, up to occasional Div 3/4 standard and no more.

These lads need to be able to kick on from that to something a bit more Ben Gladwin sexy style
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 16:36:33 »

The thing is, Williams has been so poor, almost anyone with a modicum of experience/success will be gladly acceptable.

Whether Williams has enough lack of ego to go back to coaching  under someone else remains to be seen.

Either way he has a long contract to soften the blow.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 17:35:16 »

The thing is, Williams has been so poor, almost anyone with a modicum of experience/success will be gladly acceptable.

Whether Williams has enough lack of ego to go back to coaching  under someone else remains to be seen.

Either way he has a long contract to soften the blow.

Unlike many footballers who'll have a bit of a pot to fall back on from their playing days, Luke will need a job....I'd imagine his profile has been raised somewhat by his involvement at the CG, so likely he could get another coaching gig, possibly even a high end academy, which would likely pay more than managing Town. Think he'll move on.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 17:37:25 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #213 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 18:08:01 »

My concern is that Luke Williams seems (to me.....and I might be wrong, it's just my opinion....) to be toeing the Power Party line and is more interested in progressing the careers of his individual players than the interests of the club by looking to sell them on as soon as they reach a level that makes them sell-able. Which is great for the players and may be why they all seem to like him but for the stability of the team it's not so good because we have to start every season with a new team of young hopefuls.
You're not alone in your opinion. This works for everyone  but the fans unless you get very, very lucky which we nearly did. A big mutual love in other than the fans.
Karl Robinson would be interesting but I think he'd be looking up not down. He's got a great track record of bringing youngsters through the ranks to be sold for big bucks. Cant see it happening.
I'd imagine Luke gets a free pass next Saturday but if he loses to Eastleigh then thats a cash stream closed down and it could be curtains. 

corner

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 18:30:44 »

I'd imagine Luke gets a free pass next Saturday but if he loses to Eastleigh then thats a cash stream closed down and it could be curtains. 
I reckon we could have someone else in charge by then
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 19:24:34 »

I reckon we could have someone else in charge by then

Nah, he'll be there for Eastleigh. Lose that though, and echoes of Malpas.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 19:50:24 »

Nah, he'll be there for Eastleigh. Lose that though, and echoes of Malpas.

This will be the case.

AND not outside the realms of possibility.

Clems Army!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 22:04:31 »

Karl Robinson can fuck off, the man is synonymous with Franchise. I've heard what a nice guy he is etc but I don't want him here. Ever.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 22:13:27 »

Karl Robinson can fuck off, the man is synonymous with Franchise. I've heard what a nice guy he is etc but I don't want him here. Ever.
Ditto.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 03:08:20 »

Presumably you felt the same about Danny Wilson?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 07:37:16 »

If he came in and sorted this shit out I couldn't give a fuck who he had managed. If I have to choose between a winning team, or having a manger who hasn't been at Franchise, I think it's an easy decision.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 07:51:40 »

If he came in and sorted this shit out I couldn't give a fuck who he had managed. If I have to choose between a winning team, or having a manger who hasn't been at Franchise, I think it's an easy decision.

This.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 07:52:38 »

If Williams steps down, he will move back into his coaching role. Him and Power are tight mates.

Williams will still take the training and we will still continue to play in the same way.

Changing the manager is pointless, unless Power and co change their ways.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Flashheart

« Reply #223 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 07:57:53 »

That's what people said before Martin Ling.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 08:04:15 »

Changing the manager is pointless, unless Power and co change their ways.

Inclined to agree with this. I have zero problem with Power running the club on a sound financial footing given the multiple problems we have had in the past. However the refusal to bring in a couple of experienced pro's at any point really baffles me. The team lacks leaders and fighters. We all knew we were one CB short at the end of the window and they should have got an old head in for that position and they need a ball winning, aggressive midfield player. Kasim has been criticized and rightly so on recent performances, but his game has always been the same, he flourished when he had Thompson and Luongo doing all the running and ball winning alongside him. We just have too many of the same sort of players at the moment.

Enough people have credited Williams as an excellent coach for me to believe it. Is the transition to manager all that tough given the responsibility Power refuses to yield, i don't think so. I don't think Williams is the problem, the only doubt in my mind there is if he is too accommodating to Power (hard not be) and if someone else would stand up to Power and get the players we need.

Why Robinson would want this job when he has had a positive managerial record thus far and has just left MK because of a director of football signing players he didn't want. He can do better than us.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: