Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 46019 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 09:43:28 »

Danger Danger *HOOF* Matt Heywood.

Is that meant to fit to 'Danger High Voltage' by Electric Six? That's how it reads in my head.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 09:47:13 »

FWIW I think a win today could be an indicator of a good little run and a push up the table.

Defeat would suggest to me that it's going to be up and down this season. I've backed Walsall today so hoping to lose some money.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10:02:36 »

Definate no to the first one definate yes to the 2nd. Matt fucking Heywood? whatever next? Matt Hewlett?

My guess is Joey Beauchamp.

Not sure how this works, but Matty Heywood comes in at number 64 on the appearances list, was nothing more than an OK Div 3 stopper, and fucked off to Bristol City at the earliest opportunity.  I suppose it's a harmless bit of fun.

There are those amongst us who would argue he's the sort of thing we need now, but he wouldn't get anywhere near the current side.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10:05:40 »

Honestly cannot predict which Swindon team turns up. Walsall tend to draw quite a lot so I'm going for 1-1. Be a shame if Tommy Smith to lose his place in the team.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10:06:21 »

My guess is Joey Beauchamp.

Not sure how this works, but Matty Heywood comes in at number 64 on the appearances list, was nothing more than an OK Div 3 stopper, and fucked off to Bristol City at the earliest opportunity.  I suppose it's a harmless bit of fun.

There are those amongst us who would argue he's the sort of thing we need now, but he wouldn't get anywhere near the current side.
Didn't need the useless fucker then and even though we are shit at the back he certainly ain't the answer now or at any point in between.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10:11:19 »

Hope we keep the same team and produce a similarly gutsy performance as with Rochdale, the only game I've really enjoyed this season.
This but I think Kasim will come in for Smith!
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10:14:41 »

There's no way that Williams should be changing a side that won 3-0. Kasim on the bench, Smith to start please.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10:16:02 »

Is that meant to fit to 'Danger High Voltage' by Electric Six? That's how it reads in my head.
Yeah heard some fan randomly shout it after a trademark Heywood hoof and it's stuck with me ever since.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10:42:47 »

Didn't need the useless fucker then and even though we are shit at the back he certainly ain't the answer now or at any point in between.

TbF to Matty, Kingy brought him in to the hopeless side that T*dd had left behind, because he noted our vunerabilty to crosses into the box. Matty played half of that season and we did improve and just about stayed up. He was one of those who'd give you 40+ games a season, and was a part of the decent side of the Mooney season.

Town fans don't mind mediocrity as long as they see commitment, after all as a fan of a traditional Div 3 club, you're going to see plenty of it, it was the fucking off to Bristol City, that did for his reputation. You need to be a Shaun Taylor to get away with that, status intact.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10:51:26 »

Town fans don't mind mediocrity as long as they see commitment, after all as a fan of a traditional Div 3 club, you're going to see plenty of it, it was the fucking off to Bristol City, that did for his reputation. You need to be a Shaun Taylor to get away with that, status intact.
Heywood when he arrived was better than what we had but is no hall of famer under any circumstances.

As for Shaun Taylor, he is one of the few players that could have left us and even went to the Pox with his  status as a hero still intact, not many can say that....ever.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 11:04:39 »

Heywood when he arrived was better than what we had but is no hall of famer under any circumstances.

As for Shaun Taylor, he is one of the few players that could have left us and even went to the Pox with his  status as a hero still intact, not many can say that....ever.

Shaun, of course, was helped by seemingly being shown the door by the Steve McMahon. I'd put Shaun into the legend category.

I've no idea how this H o F thing works, but Matty played 200 games in an interesting period for the club.

If it's just viewed as a bit of fun, then fair enough. I'd imagine there are some who get asked but can't be bothered with it. You're finished as a player at a young age, so if you want to come back and feel the vibe again, why not.

One of the things which the club has got badly wrong, probably since McMahon, is having an old player kicking around somewhere who gets what the club is about. Zippy fitted this bill for a while but PdC did for him. Fraser is sort of around and does a bit, which is good, and appointing Alan Mac hopefully a positive.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 11:19:23 »

pulling them out of a hat, "one greedy bastard" and "hoof" greeted him on his returns to the CG. legend.

I guess qualification is simply playing for us for a few seasons.
Flashheart

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 11:22:30 »

Who was the last player to play more than 200 games for us?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 11:23:16 »

I guess qualification is simply playing for us for a few seasons.
That does seem the be the requirements it would seem.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 11:26:15 »

Cast iron 1-1, as it pretty much always seems to be against Walsall.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: