Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 46141 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:50:22 »

Uhm.

Email?
Carrier Pigeon?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:52:15 »

Well, whatever the ins and outs of our slump, it's nothing a change of manager wouldn't fix.

His interview yesterday was an eye-opener - admitting he doesn't know what to try next amidst all the fluster and waffle.

Everything has its sell-by date - and poor old Luke has reached his. I genuinely think he hates it anyway.

This 100% - changes of manager always sort things FACT! Shocked
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:53:50 »

So, you're happy with Williams remaining?
normy

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:56:35 »

I agree about Rogers for MOM, though I've always considered him shit in the past.His passing was excellent and he made a lot more effort to move it forward.

Kasim was awful, looked slow, lethargic.and not very interested.

ust be the oldest

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:57:48 »

Is Kasim actually worth any money these days?
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 11:29:40 »

Seeing as the general consensus of mr Williams has changed to incompetent at best, could I please have the ability to name him "tepid temperature"?
God he's useless, makes Beamish look good.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 11:43:22 »

I always take talk like "the worst ever team" with a pinch of salt. People tend to forget just how shit we have been in the past. Remember Hart's one up front with no support.

However the performance yesterday must rank as "one of" our worst in living memory.
Little or no fight, spirit or skill. A manager admitting he's run out of ideas.

A change is required, even if it's just for new ideas
Flashheart

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 11:46:41 »

The more I think about it, the more I believe Karl Robinson would be a good appointment.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 12:24:38 »

For the first time in many years at a league game I felt like leaving before the end as the performance was that dire and I could not see any changes happening to alter the result. Walsall, apart from Oztumer, were not that good but did not have to work that hard to win the game and that depresses me even more. Delfouneso once again was one who worked his socks off again for precious little reward but that work rate was not mirrored by the rest of the players who appeared totally lost as to try and change things. Fans will ways appreciate the player who puts in the 100% shift and in that department we are currently sadly lacking.

Regarding Luke Williams, I was disappointed in his second half reaction to the play as he spent far too long in the dugout when surely as coach he should be at least trying to lift the players or even change the formation or just show some commitment. His very flat interview on the radio afterwards gave me the impression that he was at a loss to understand what was happening which worries me, as by now he should be very aware of our problems and have enough understanding of how to change things. My overall feeling has been for a while now that he is not happy in his current role and there is a need for a fresh pair of eyes on the man management side.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 12:38:29 »

So, you're happy with Williams remaining?
Did I say that.......?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 12:45:14 »

You didn't say anything. I take it you actually have an opinion on the matter.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 13:13:04 »

Fuck's sake Batch, there is a conspiracy going on here clearly, stop being so reasonable.
There's no conspiracy. It's an established fact that players are signed by the club with the intention of selling them on at a profit. Power has said that. It's the reason we only sign young players - in the hope that they will develop into a player that will make the club money.

There's nothing wrong with that (Crewe have been doing it for years as have a few others) if you are content with staying in the lower divisions. The turnover of players and the fact that they are mostly young and inexperienced (and in our case, unfit) will mean that we will struggle to maintain a prolonged challenge for promotion...and even if we did get promoted we wouldn't last long in the Championship. For the second season running it looks like we'll be trying to avoid relegation rather than fighting for promotion.

My concern is that Luke Williams seems (to me.....and I might be wrong, it's just my opinion....) to be toeing the Power Party line and is more interested in progressing the careers of his individual players than the interests of the club by looking to sell them on as soon as they reach a level that makes them sell-able. Which is great for the players and may be why they all seem to like him but for the stability of the team it's not so good because we have to start every season with a new team of young hopefuls. My point is that we obviously have no ambition of progressing if the aim every year is to take in a new crop of players with the aim of selling on any that will bring in a profit. How about trying to bring in players with the aim of keeping them for a few years in order to make a sustained challenge for promotion and pushing on into the Championship?

I thought Williams' post-match interview was very worrying yesterday. He gave the impression that he doesn't know what to do to motivate his players and, more worryingly, admitted that many of his team aren't fit. If a player isn't up to match fitness 3 months into a season he shouldn't really be playing professional football. Steve White pointed out as much afterwards - players have a responsibility to maintain their fitness and if they aren't bothering then there is a problem.

« Last Edit: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 14:21:43 by Exiled Bob » Logged
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 13:18:20 »

pretty sure other teams scouting networks don't operate on listening to managers post match interviews Smiley

word will get around if he's good enough. teams will know we sell at every favorable opportunity.

I think Williams comments really just meant he is going to be good enough to play at a higher level sooner rather than later. nothing more.
It would be nice if it could be with us rather than some other team though......and my point is that we don't appear to have the ambition to want to be at a higher level.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 13:32:31 »

I don't disagree. I was just pointing out it's a fact we sell at every opportunity regardless of what Williams says.

I don't think he is trying to assist that process . In fact he sounded a bit miffed at it on the phone in, at least that is how I took it.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #209 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 16:07:32 »

The more I think about it, the more I believe Karl Robinson would be a good appointment.
just been sacked

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: