Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 46467 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 22:18:40 »

If you were a manager/owner of a club and you wanted to sell particular players, would you:

A) Disseminate their availability through veiled messages on local radio broadcasts in the hope an interested party might hear.

or

B) Just send emails to other clubs.

Answers on a postcard please.
There's nothing veiled about "If they (scouts) are not (watching Vigouroux) then they are not doing their job because you need to watch this boy - don't watch him too closely - he has got a long way to go, for sure. He is worth keeping tabs on I think."

If I was manager of a club I'd be wanting to hold on to my best players not advising other teams to be keeping tabs on them. If I was the owner it would depend on whether I wanted to make money or not....
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 22:21:02 by Exiled Bob » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 22:25:43 »

Then, surely, Power has to take some blame for this. Recruiting small, lightweight midfielders is down to him.
You're implying that he's only signed small, lightweight midfielders. It isn't true:

Doughty - not small, not lightweight, good signing.

Thomas - not small, 'though he's not convinced in midfield so far.
leftside

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 22:27:56 »

I thought that when the 'We want our club back chant' went around. How about the 10 years from 1997-2007. McMahon, Rikki Hunt, admin twice, relegated twice, one promotion with 2 managers, Mike D and the Wills family hanging on for dear life.
This.

What does "We want our Swindon back" mean anyway?
Flashheart

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 22:38:47 »

There's nothing veiled about "If they (scouts) are not (watching Vigouroux) then they are not doing their job because you need to watch this boy - don't watch him too closely - he has got a long way to go, for sure. He is worth keeping tabs on I think."

If I was manager of a club I'd be wanting to hold on to my best players not advising other teams to be keeping tabs on them. If I was the owner it would depend on whether I wanted to make money or not....

So you're still clinging to the notion that the club manager/owner will let other clubs know that certain players are available by broadcasting such information over local radio stations, which interested parties are unlikely to listen to, rather than just sending them an email?

Why not just send them an email?

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 22:40:54 »

Quite possibly the worst second half performance I can remember at the CG. Totally uncompetitive and a real disappointment after Tuesday's efforts.

Williams usually talks sense post-match, but this time, saying he didn't know why things went so wrong, is worrying and close to admitting he is out of his depth.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 03:33:47 »

So you're still clinging to the notion that the club manager/owner will let other clubs know that certain players are available by broadcasting such information over local radio stations, which interested parties are unlikely to listen to, rather than just sending them an email?

Why not just send them an email?

But what other media is there that Williams can 'send the message' to. We're not covered by the nationals.

He knows everything he says ends up in the Adver, which ends up in Newsnow and, voila, it's out there.

Vigs is our only saleable asset and we all know the model - so it's hardly surprising he may be touted. The problem is that I doubt he's worth much more what Power, allegedly, paid for him, so it's all a bit moot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 07:18:20 »

pretty sure other teams scouting networks don't operate on listening to managers post match interviews Smiley

word will get around if he's good enough. teams will know we sell at every favorable opportunity.

I think Williams comments really just meant he is going to be good enough to play at a higher level sooner rather than later. nothing more.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 08:03:25 »

pretty sure other teams scouting networks don't operate on listening to managers post match interviews Smiley

word will get around if he's good enough. teams will know we sell at every favorable opportunity.

I think Williams comments really just meant he is going to be good enough to play at a higher level sooner rather than later. nothing more.

Fuck's sake Batch, there is a conspiracy going on here clearly, stop being so reasonable.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
woolster

« Reply #188 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 08:56:30 »

just seen the goals although a couple for goal of the season Hmmm
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:03:17 »

Fuck's sake Batch, there is a conspiracy going on here clearly, stop being so reasonable.
Exactly I think Williams should remember what happened to Lord Haw Haw...... (not really)

Seriously though I love the idea that clubs are doing their scouting via post match interviews, perhaps he should refuse to do them and thus no club would ever know how to play against us, possibly go one stage further and change all players names by deed poll to A Trialist..... that will Fox them.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:04:32 »

This.

What does "We want our Swindon back" mean anyway?

Probably something very similar to "We want our country back". And sung by the same people.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #191 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:11:31 »

But what other media is there that Williams can 'send the message' to.

Uhm.

Email?
corner

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:35:31 »

Probably something very similar to "We want our country back". And sung by the same people.
Best post this year  Clap
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:40:49 »

Well, whatever the ins and outs of our slump, it's nothing a change of manager wouldn't fix.

His interview yesterday was an eye-opener - admitting he doesn't know what to try next amidst all the fluster and waffle.

Everything has its sell-by date - and poor old Luke has reached his. I genuinely think he hates it anyway.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 09:41:03 »

Just a few random thoughts.

Thought Rodgers deserved mom. Easily the most effective of the midfielders yesterday, some very good cross field passing and tried to look forward when possible.
Some people will never be convinced though, however well he plays he'll always be shit in their minds i.e. focus on the one he put into the opposition dugout and forget about the rest.

The attacking quartet were poor, didn't look to be any cohesion there. Delfouneso wasted a lot of energy trying to close down 2 or 3 defenders on his own. Pointless if the other three are not going to help out. Not sure if the plan was to give Walsall time and space to play and then try and catch them on the break, suspect that it wasn't and it's just a case of this team not being able to play Sat - Tue - Sat at the moment. On that basis I'd expect to see an improvement next Saturday.
Lose to Eastleigh though and there will have to be a change before the next home game.

Outstanding individual display from their no 10. Our midfield could not even get close enough to kick him.

Not a great time to be a Town fan, says a lot when the team appeared to miss the energy provided by an 18 year old with only a handful of first team appearances.

Mention made of Jerel Ifil earlier in the thread.
My favourite "beast" moment was him picking up the ball that hadn't quite gone out for a throw in and Torquay then scoring from the resulting free kick.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: