Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 46590 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 18:28:43 »

Just got in.

Haven't read back.

A new low.

Missed the game on Tuesday through work but heard great things from the lads....was looking forward to today, after all Walsall haven't won away.....

At half time I went outside the TE for a puff and thought....Well that was a fluke goal...we created a few openings, I think we will be ok.
How fucking wrong was I?!

Two things for me...

One of the worst performances I have seen for a 45 at Swindon for many a year.

The second goal was an utter embarrassment......how the fuck can a professional football defence at any level be unlocked by a 45 yard ball over the top to a fucking midget who whilst unchallenged, places home a simple side foot finish?!

He should of been awarded man of the match....we never got close to him all game. He was superb.

Rodgers winning MOM must of been a piss take.... Not the worst player of the game more fitting, I enjoyed his 10 yard drive into the dug out at the end....sublime.

Maybe it was the players that let us down today, rather than anything else. Why not? Everything else seems to have gone wrong. That sort of display requires the team to come in tomorrow morning for training. Dogshit.

Listened to the ironic cheers and chants from the TE.....it saddens me.

The anger has gone for me now.....I just laughed and fucked off for a pint....it seems a lot of fans have given up already.

Another shit gate, even after Tuesday's heroics..speaks volumes.

We ARE in a relegation fight.....with a team with NO fight.

If we finish 5th from bottom it will be a result.

The MoM thing is decided by the guests of the match day sponsors....often fellas who've had a few or know nothing of the team.

When my mate got some bank lot along, he told me who would be MoM before the start.  So take no notice.

Yes we've been in a relegation battle for a while and have picked up 4 points from the last 3, with an injury hit inexperienced squad, so not too bad and shows a bit of fight. We do have the prospect of maybe getting a few bodies back, which could give the squad a lift. 52 will be difficult, but not out of the question yet.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 18:29:31 »

But we haven't got any battlers. We haven't got any tacklers. We haven't got a leader. Every team needs an animal or two to allow the talented players to play. We've got some decent players but physically and mentally weak - and thats if they stay fit or suspension free.
This to me is the core of our problem. We need two or three to bring in some experience and a bit of steel, that will give the rest of them room to breathe a bit
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 18:34:45 »

We don't need a new owner, we need new (and more) fans. Not fucking fickle idiots.

Fickle!???

Fuck off!

The sort of post that makes my piss boil.

Do you think if I couldn't stand losing I would still be a Town fan after 30 plus years?!

It's never the defeat, it's the manner of it for me and today the manner was shit.

The manner of our model...all young players to flog on with no experience is shit.

The management style of a yes man manager who seems clueless to influence anything when teams don't succumb to our style of play is shit.

The influence of Power over the team is shit...

And last but not least, the biggest shit sandwich of all is the knowledge that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. No new manager (let's face it, what manager worth his salt would work with this model?.....why did KMac fuck off sharpish?) can make this side click playing keep ball that Power desires.

If I see shit....consistently....then I shout about it. Would you prefer if I wrote a letter to Power pointing out the deficiencies of his model? Would it make a difference?
Best I turn up and pay admission and shout a bit than not turn up at all.....there were plenty that didn't show up today.

Perhaps a CG with 2500 happy clappers sliding into division 2 is more preferable to you?!

Clems Army!
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 18:38:14 »

Well said flash.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 18:51:50 »

We have a decent set of players, I don't think Williams is the man to get the best out of them as manager.

Can't believe people were chanting for Power out, ridiculous considering some of the previous owners we have had.

We haven't really had owners in the past, rather a Board of shareholders, with a majority shareholder.  The previous set up had Black as majority shareholder, but there were others involved.  Power as far as we can tell is owner with no other voices around.

His more hands on model, with lack of accountability means he was always going to be in the firing line if the football turns to shit.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 18:54:16 »

We haven't really had owners in the past, rather a Board of shareholders, with a majority shareholder.  The previous set up had Black as majority shareholder, but there were others involved.  Power as far as we can tell is owner with no other voices around.

His more hands on model, with lack of accountability means he was always going to be in the firing line if the football turns to shit.

Agreed.

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:02:41 »

Agree with that Reg and he's done himself no favours with his "my way or fuck you all" approach either, this is where a less fuck you attitude to the media, the Trust etc could have bought him some slack.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:06:02 »

Williams saying after the game that Murray, Delfouneso and Norris are still not fully fit. It's almost the end of October. A third of the league season has gone. When will they be fully fit?
REDBUCK

« Reply #158 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:06:14 »

Personally if someone turns up every week and hurls abuse from minute one most of it being bollocks then I'd rather they didn't bother and stayed in the pub instead.  Listening to people spout endless nonsense whether the football is shit or not.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:12:30 »

Agree with that Reg and he's done himself no favours with his "my way or fuck you all" approach either, this is where a less fuck you attitude to the media, the Trust etc could have bought him some slack.

True....he's set himself up for a fall, we must hope that there isn't too much collateral to the club in the meantime.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:13:52 »

Without power we would have no club.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #161 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:14:55 »

Williams saying after the game that Murray, Delfouneso and Norris are still not fully fit. It's almost the end of October. A third of the league season has gone. When will they be fully fit?
Fuck knows what delfounesco will be like when he's fit then. I'd like to see the stats but this lad must run twice as far as most. He might not be ajose but he's got an engine and offers us some physical presence and he doesn't hide. He's also intelligent on the pitch. I like him.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:18:12 »

Without power we would have no club.
And with no fans this club is nothing stalemate.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:25:52 »

The manner of our model...all young players to flog on with no experience is shit.
What annoys me is when our manager/chief coach whatever is actively inviting bids from other clubs when a player does well, as Williams has been doing with Vigs recently and did with both Obika and Ajose in the Summer.

It's hardly sending out a message to the fans that we are a club with any ambition of promotion is it if we are looking to sell any player that has a few good games?
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:28:44 by Exiled Bob » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 19:26:55 »

What annoys me is when our manager/chief coach whatever is actively inviting bids from other clubs when a player does well, as Williams has been doing with Vigs recently and did with both Obika and Ajose in the Summer.

It's h
That is total bullshit.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: