Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why is Britain so bigoted?  (Read 7190 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 12:59:44 »

Most people are fairly run of the mill, I personally despise any kind of extremism. One thing that irritates me is liberals expecting people to have the same opinion as them or be despised.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 13:01:52 »

Polish are to blame!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 13:10:38 »

Polish are to blame!

They love the jobs we hate.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 13:19:13 »

I blame Chubbs  Smiley
turbotubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 13:54:37 »

Has the last one been shown to be not true?? Not what I've seen

Jo Cox's murderer would not be referred to as a lone wolf if he was not white. FACT

There's no houses because the government don't build enough fucking houses, immigrants or not
http://order-order.com/2016/10/20/no-man-yesterdays-sun-not-interpreter/

Writing FACT doesn't make something a fact. If he was not a mentally ill lone wolf who else was he operating with?

If you have a hotel with rooms for 65 people then try to fit two more in, they have no where to go. Of course the government (or private companies) can build more housing, but it takes time, money and builders - you can't magic up houses. The population in the UK has grown at an alarming rate in recent years. It has had an impact on peoples lives.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:03:31 »

They love the jobs we hate.
isn't that mr muscle?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:04:56 »

Writing FACT doesn't make something a fact, FACT!

Fixed for you
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:33:47 »

Writing FACT doesn't make something a fact. If he was not a mentally ill lone wolf who else was he operating with?

If you have a hotel with rooms for 65 people then try to fit two more in, they have no where to go. Of course the government (or private companies) can build more housing, but it takes time, money and builders - you can't magic up houses. The population in the UK has grown at an alarming rate in recent years. It has had an impact on peoples lives.

Yeah but if you turned up at an inn, which was full and about to drop a sprog, you could always go and do it in the straw of the cow shed.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:36:07 »

isn't that mr muscle?

which is a polish, no?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:41:41 »

The scumbag press has a lot to do with bigotry. Helped by the fact that many people seem to be unwilling or unable to apply critical thinking to what they read.

Couldn't agree more.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 14:47:32 »

I regularly work in Wales.  It's geographically a very big area yet just 3 million population.  Take away Cardiff, Swansea and Newport and there are just over 2 million living everywhere else.  There are vast areas of the country that barely have anyone living there. 

Contrast that with London and the SE of England. 

The problem isn't that the UK is full, it's that there's not enough investment in housing, infrastructure and jobs outside of the London and SE bubble.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 15:01:26 »

which is a polish, no?
slow day today
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 15:02:12 »

Fortunately, don't think that Britain is a place where any kind of extremism will ever flourish.

Normally a balance between centre left & right.
Hopefully this can still be maintained in the face of a right wing one party state for the foreseeable future.

The current bias of the media is a problem.
I read The Sun as its more educational than reading the views of people that I agree with week in week out.
The letters page is an eye opener. Editorial policy I know, but there are many people out there who would possibly welcome some kind of British version of the Third Reich.

My family arrived here in the late 40's early 50's as refugees with no home to go back to.
Usual mixed reception from warm welcome to bloody Poles go home. Probably much the same for new migrants these days.

Examples of bigotry in recent history, yes. The colour bar on employing bus drivers in Bristol and many other cities in the early 60's springs to mind. This was against a general background of discrimination against Afro Caribbean and Asian migrants.

Have we become more tolerant and welcoming as a nation since then, yes. Does bigotry still exist, yes, even if it's a much more subtle approach from its proponents.

On a more amusing note, some of my mum's workmates refused to talk to her after England failed to qualify for the 74 world cup. For anyone born after that era, then England were still shit at football even then. Some things have not changed over time.

Polski skleps are here to stay I hope.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 15:13:14 »

On a more amusing note, some of my mum's workmates refused to talk to her after England failed to qualify for the 74 world cup. For anyone born after that era, then England were still shit at football even then. Some things have not changed over time.

Polski skleps are here to stay I hope.

England's defeat in Katowice in 73, has had a strange effect on the psyche of England followers......Poland's sole success in 19 games, yet they're perceived as some sort of Jonah team.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 15:23:09 »

England's defeat in Katowice in 73, has had a strange effect on the psyche of England followers......Poland's sole success in 19 games, yet they're perceived as some sort of Jonah team.

That's very true.
England have qualified for major tournaments at Poland's expense maybe a couple of times at least since then.
I'm assuming that the success of 1966 would still have been very fresh in most people's minds at that time and Poland had done nothing on the international stage up until then, so at the time it was viewed as a big upset.
Brian Clough also didn't help with his comments during the Wembley game.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: