Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2016 Winter Cricket: England on the Subcontinent  (Read 12844 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 07:59:04 »

First of eight (8) tests before Christmas against Bangladesh and then India starting today.

England 128/5 batting first on what could politely be described as a raging bunsen. In amusing news, Moeen Ali has survived five DRS reviews, three of his own when given out and two from the Bangladeshi bowlers.

5am starts aren't going to be good for me over the next few months.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 08:26:00 »

I've been advocating Moeen at 5, so playing as a batting all rounder, with Batty as the stock bowler, but wanted Duckett at 4 with Hameed opening.

Don't see the point of Ballance, as he's badly out of form and a leftie.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 10:01:18 »

Don't see the point of Ballance, as he's badly out of form and a leftie.

I cannot see the point of him either.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 10:05:48 »

I cannot see the point of him either.
Agreed, he's had enough chances!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 10:35:07 »

The selectors make far fewer errors than they used to....but they went against their own thoughts that you need to score Championsip runs, Gary played 13 games last season and ended up 55th in the averages.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 10:47:04 »

The selectors make far fewer errors than they used to....but they went against their own thoughts that you need to score Championsip runs, Gary played 13 games last season and ended up 55th in the averages.

Fully agree...backwards step. It's not like he's been scoring the runs to earn a recall.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 10:49:27 »

Well, we're about to lose to Bangladesh for the first time ever, young Mehedi has us in a total state. Ashwin and Jadeja in India are going to be brutal. Playing on turning wickets is not exactly our forte at the moment.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 10:59:56 »

Well, we're about to lose to Bangladesh for the first time ever, young Mehedi has us in a total state. Ashwin and Jadeja in India are going to be brutal. Playing on turning wickets is not exactly our forte at the moment.

Congrats to Bangladesh.  Hopefully, we may have learned something from these 2 games, at least enough to be competitive in India.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 13:23:35 »

India series starts tomorrow after a very short turnaround. Hameed to make a belated debut two tests late, Duckett moving to four.

It could be a long winter.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 15:42:31 »

India series starts tomorrow after a very short turnaround. Hameed to make a belated debut two tests late, Duckett moving to four.

It could be a long winter.

I watched a bit of the last Indian series v Saffas, and it should be relatively short. They open the bowling with Ashwin, it turns square, and most games last 3 days or so, monsoon permitting.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2016, 09:02:41 »

Roots doing well. I only really know 3 of the Indian team, looks like they have had major changes since I last looked at their line up.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2016, 09:11:07 »

It's a strong team, particularly the middle order batting (Rahane, Kohli, Pujara) and spin (Ashwin and Jadeja). This is a very encouraging start from England.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 9, 2016, 18:42:36 »

Great day. Brilliant from Root, Moeen impresses more and more by each game. He's come on leaps and bounds.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 10:06:49 »

As an aside, the Convicts are on a good run  Smiley  easily swatted away a like malaria infected mozzy, by the Steynless Saffas. Long may it last.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 09:44:30 »

Swindon (Goatacre specifically I believe) lad Liam Dawson called up to the test squad for the first time, replacing injured Haseeb Hameed and Zafar Ansari. As a right handed bat and a left arm spinner he has to have a very decent chance of getting a game.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 09:58:45 by Nemo » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: